Expected more attention to detail
By Never Satisfied on
2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I never expected to say that my VW Passat had more attention to detail than the car I've waited so long to own, but my BMW falls short in some areas, including: a less impressive dash display; a headrest that tilts too far forward and can't be adjusted; a trip computer stop watch that must be manually reset for each trip (it auto reset on the VW); a manual that must be stored in the trunk (the VW had a compartment for it under the steering wheel); back window controls are situated where I expect the front to be; door lock control is on the dash rather than the driver's door (forces you to get back in the car if you forget to unlock all doors before getting out).
Favorite Features
Push button start is cool, handles curves nicely. (But after driving a loaner with the sport package I realized the sport seats are more comfortable and the tighter suspension actually makes for a smoother ride, not bumpier as it was described by the first salesperson I went to for a test drive.)
Suggested Improvements
Do not pay for Comfort (keyless) Access (unlocks driver's door only, not useful or all doors, not safe.) Plus iPod adapter for iDrive is still buggy (reverts to FM at frequent and random intervals for no reason.) Upgraded iTunes as dealer reco'd, but that made it worse. Pending fix from BMW?