2007 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best car I will ever

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Best car I will ever own
By stressdoc on

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My son and I traveled to Europe to get this car via BMW's European delivery program. Fantastic! Driving this car on the autobahns and alpine switchbacks was the experience of a lifetime. The twin-turbo engine is unbelievable -- Incredible power. 30+ mpg on the highway. Superb handling. Two years and 22k miles later I am still in love with this car. The 2009 models have most of the improvements that I would want, except still no M-sport option. I would also be tempted by the super efficient 50 mpg diesels that are best sellers in Europe.

Favorite Features

Tire-smoking, gasp for air stuck into your seat power when you want it. Sublime handling with a superb ride. Solid, reliable, durable. Best sports car on the planet that fits three kids in the back seat and two bales of hay in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I swapped the run-flat tires for high-performance rubber. And installed some of the parts from the European M-sport model. Some recent changes to the engine software programs reduce some of the low rpm punch -- a higher performance BMW tune option would be awesome.