Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

A great car
By ScottP

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I agree with all the other positive statements. Things I didn't like were 1) the runflats and the fact that the car does not come with a spare or a jack kit. 2) My car was built in 4/2007 and they were still using a fuel pump made by Seimens. Many Seimens fuel pumps have failed and mine is having symptoms of failure (long crank starts 4-5 seconds). BMW has not issued a recall and is handling the issue on a case by case basis. It is assumed that all new cars now have the improved fuel pump made by bosch although BMW won't confirm the date they made the switch.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and easy performance modifications. Handling is excellent. Get rid of the run flats, buy a jack kit and you will drop quite a few pounds off the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

BMW should have handled the fuel pump issue better. All cars should come with a spare and jack kit. Runflats are heavy and do not handle as well.

Not what I expected
By DHB

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a BMW 3-series with 6-speed manual. Fell in love with the 2007 coupe, but way past that now. Underwhelming acceleration and torque below 2700 RPM. Tranny has been big disappointment. Maddening HVAC and radio controls. Poorly shaped and sized storage cubbies. Can't see instrument lights with sunglasses. Under 3K miles had to replace driveshaft. At 4K, weird vibration in clutch pedal. Dealer diagnosed bad throwout bearing and replaced whole clutch. The vibration got worse! Now they tell me it'll "break-in" after 10-15K miles. It's hard to enjoy my "driver's car" when my clutch foot is tingling, and I'm being tortured by diabolically illogical controls and wretched ergonomics.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch, controls, instrument panel lighting, heating/cooling, storage, little things.

Only 4 mo old and it broke?
By Duc

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having my car for only 4 months, the seat belt arm broke. It took 4 visits to the dealership until they finally fixed the problem. When my car was 10 months old, the windshield wiper fluid pump stops working. It took 2 visits and they kept it in the shop for a total of 3 days until the realized there was a huge air bubble. It was very annoying that these little repairs take so many visits and time to be repaired. Every now and then my SOS doesn't work, which causes my bluetooth to malfunction. Other than that, the car drives well and I still like the slick look.

Favorite Features

My red leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the seat belt arm.

Turbo Go-Kart
By 265blkviper

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My second 3-series BMW after having the thrill of an '05 Viper (nothing compares to that beast). The 335 is a blast to drive and fun to show off. Why spend 20k extra for the new M3. Will do 0-60 is about 5 seconds with a great engine sound. Great interior quality.

Favorite Features

Instant power w/o any turbo lag.

Suggested Improvements

The stupid iDrive is hard to use. Zero trunk space for golf clubs. The Viper could hold a full bag w/o taking the driver out. The 335 will hold one bag if you remove the driver. The dash pop out cup holder is a joke. Run flat tire repair for one nail = 434.00. Can't repair a run flat.

Best car ever
By north shore owner

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Without a doubt the best automobile I have ever owned. Surprising highway mileage and outstanding performance in an all wheel drive vehicle. Quality of manufacture is evident in all details.

Favorite Features

Cruise control which accelerates in 5 mph intervals and decelerates in 2 mph intervals.

Suggested Improvements

Radio readout is difficult in bright sunlight.