Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Seamless driving experience
By larmen

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car such as this. I alternate between feeling that the car is an extension of me and that I am an extension of the car. Beautiful integration of driver and driving dynamics. No wonder it is the class leader.

Favorite Features

Driving it! Braking is superb. Handling at 80 inspires confidence without inciting recklessness. Blue tooth set up is first-rate. Comfy seats. Build quality is excellent as are the materials. Plenty of bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

Run flats' tread doesn't last long. It needs greater interior storage space. Hokey mpg analog gauge. Bc I'm tall I could use a bit more thigh support. Back seat is quite tight.

Fun to drive
By Oldgoat912

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Replacement for 1998 540i six speed. Although smaller my 335i is faster and more nimble. GREAT FUN to drive and comfortable for an old man (66!). My only problem is the tire ware. I don't spin out at every stop sign but had to replace the rear tires at 13,300 miles. I also think it would take one hell of a driver to accelerate faster with the six speed than with the auto trans. I love the shift paddles, the stereo and blue tooth.

Favorite Features

Shift paddles, stereo, blue tooth, sports suspension, sports seats.

Suggested Improvements

Include a grandpa mode that is easier on the tire wear and improves fuel consumption.

Wow.
By IloveMy335i

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After many hours of research and two years of savings. I was sold when BMW offered 0.9% financing on all preowned 3series. I've driven many cars from BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche. And currently owned an Accord and Infiniti Fx35. After the test drive of the 335i, I was blown away by how responsive the Twin turbo system was. It drives flawlessly together. I initially thought the car handled only slightly better than my Accord Coupe, until I mentioned this to the sales advisor that I compared the handling of my Honda w/ this BMW! He was floored and took me for a "special" test drive. Let say, he almost made me wet my pants on a round about on ramp to the freeway!

Favorite Features

Solid feel of the car. Responsive throttle. Bluetooth. Aggressive, yet understated Styling. Great paint, very easy to remove deep blemishes with a little wax and elbow grease. Piece of mind that my CPO 335i has a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Run Flat tires, I'd prefer a spare over these tires.

Fun car when it's not at the dealer
By BGDC

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i offers an intoxicating engine and a very good chassis with near perfect balance. Sadly, the engine's got a common problem burning through fuel pumps, the chassis is upset easily by the poorly conceived RFTs and the car's balanced but 400 lbs too heavy. I picked up a CPO 335i ZSP as a family car that could offer some space that my Cooper S lacked. In that regard it does fine. No, I'm not getting 30 MPG now (more like 22), but I do have room for the baby in the back and a good sized trunk for family outings. Perfect, if not for: weight (unavoidable), RFTs (replaceable) and engine/turbo malfunctions (I've had nearly all turbo-related parts replaced over 16 days at the dealer).

Favorite Features

Power RWD Sure handling Comfy driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

Engine reliability Quality of interior materials Lighter weight Ditch the RFTs for real tires

Fun, but horrible for rough roads
By MichaelC

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, this is a screamer. Everyone knows that. We've had a really bad experience, however. We've bent 7 wheels and replaced 4 tires due to impact damage. The problem? Well, we live in New England and our roads stink. Huge seams where the roads are being repaved are very common. I think maybe BMW didn't give the suspension enough travel or throw or whatever it's called because the shocks don't absorb the shocks on bad bumps and tire and wheel damage are frequent and hugely annoying. If you do buy this car in the North East (I would NOT), be sure to buy from a dealer that offers wheel insurance. Ours didn't. And for BMW, the lousy thing is, no way out. Can't get smaller wheels.

Favorite Features

Whoo doggies it's fast. Stops extremely well. Very nice mix of a purring kitten when you're going easy and a raging tiger when you gotta rage.

Suggested Improvements

Man, oh man. Please fix the suspension.