Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great ride, but don't hit a pot hole!
By MCJ

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love driving the car (335 XI) on smooth surfaces. Previous car a 2002 525. When I test drove this car I was blown away. I guess I did not hit a pot hole for a couple months. The first one scared the hell out of me. Live in NJ and pot holes are a way of life. Very glad I got the tire and wheel insurance. Had to replace 5 tires in the first 35000 miles. Love the car, hate the tires. Would not get runflats again, even though I love the car. On 525 had to change a tire 2 x in 100000 miles. Being a male not a big deal. My fault but when I bought the car I did not even realize they were run flats. I had two friends who bought similar models and they were surprised also that there was no spare.

Favorite Features

Performance, ride, decent in the snow (better than the 525)

Suggested Improvements

No more run flats. Do not like the idea that the computer tells you when to do maintenance. Had oil change at 33000 miles. Now at 47000 and computer is saying next service is at 56000 in Feb 2011. Yeah right.

I love this car
By mak73

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is amazing, Ive only had one problem and it was covered under warranty. Every time i get in the car and touch the gas, it makes me giddy. It is a blast to drive, its fast the turbos have very little lag, there is very little drag, the car pulls well around turn, and in sport mode it is very responsive.

Favorite Features

I love everything about the car

Suggested Improvements

Make the exhaust louder

Nightmare
By footdoc

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since I purchased this car as certified pre-owned it has been back to the dealer for repairs 1/3 of the time. After multiple complaints to BMW-USA the dealer finally contacted me. Before that the dealer ignored me. I am still using a loaner car and the computer module must be replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Certified pre-owned is only good if the company backs it up.

CPO 3 Series
By Steve

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car with 35k on it in November of '09. It was CPO'ed and I really believe that is the way to go. So far, the reliability has been great, as I drive 110 miles round trip to work everyday. This is my first bimmer with many, many more to come.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Comfortable ride on the interstate, exterior design, understated but high quality interior fit and finish, moon roof, Sport Mode

Suggested Improvements

Not really crazy about the run-flats, but not as bad as most people say they are. Cup holder are terrible, but I didn't buy a bimmer for that!

2007 328xi (automatic)
By Troy Perry

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought as CPO with 29k miles. Live in Vermont - snow/ice normal here. Now has 97k miles. Haven't fixed anything!! Regular dealer service (oil, inspections). Changed spark plugs at 95k. Best car with AWD I have ever driven - sooo safe! Fast, great breaking, superb handling. I'd recommend buying on of these new, or CPO with 30k or less miles.

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound during hard acceleration, HANDLING, speaker package (2 subs under seats), blinker one touch feature, seat adjustment (both front seats) - I'm tall, wife is short - fits both of use perfectly. Electronic monitors very good. Look for car externally - beautiful car! Interior sleek, leather and wood mix well matched - quality.

Suggested Improvements

Tech! Needs bluetooth audio streaming, and better on-dash phone controls. Existing system work ok, but programming names into bluetooth difficult. Get rid of runflats! Way to expensive - have Toyo Proxes4plus on the car now - performance and snow safety easily as good/better than runflats. Put oil dipstick under the hood (what if elec. monitor fails?).