2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Perfect 4-door sedan
By Craig on 02/18/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 5000 miles on this car. It is a dream to drive, and the ideal practical yet fun to drive sedan. I previously owned a '98 328i and this car is leaps and bounds better in every category. I was a little nervous about opting for automatic transmission this time, but I needn't have worried. With manual, sport, and "D" modes to choose from, and quick shifting, it is exceptionally competent and fun. It doesn't hurt that the massive torque is available at almost any RPM, so acceleration is strong in any gear. The run flat tires are a mixed bag--I like the safety feature but don't care for the harsher ride and potential expense to replace.

What a Rocket!
By Doug on 02/12/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.

2007 BMW 335xi
By tact5225 on 01/02/08 23:08 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You buy, you pay, and you pay some more. But you have a blast while your doing it. Also make the right choice and get the manual.

bmw forever
By stevee on 12/28/07 02:23 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW! The 335 is Very FAST, smooth and fun drive. Best veh I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable from the heated seats to the heated cup holder. I love this car and would not buying anything else. My only regret, I should have waited for the M3.

Performs, but ugly!
By Xyrius on 12/13/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It's like a Pontiac Grand Am/Prix from the front, a Hyundai from the side, and a Honda from the rear. In one word, it's ugly. However, it blows away the last iteration of the xi from every aspect other than appearance. BMW finally returned to the performance and drivability of the E36 chassis. The engine is worth the price, the appearance is a sincere let down. That's why they are releasing the 1 series. It looks just like the E46 chassis models, attractive, but without a rear. Come on guys, make them sexy again.

Perfect for me
By Dan on 12/08/07 22:58 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You will really love this car if you're interested in a car that you want to enjoy driving. I like to drive, even if it's just to the local grocery store or just to work during the week. I have the 335 with the manual transmission and I just love every minute of it. Any 3 series will give you all the driving enjoyment you'll need or at least an understanding of why BMW is so special. The twin turbo 335 in addition to the manual transmission will just add to that experience. The aftermarket is also full of many performance mod's that can easily make this car have between 350 to 400 HP or more. The 300 HP stock rating is definitely under-rated to begin with, so don't compare numbers.

A very practical and fun car to drive.
By isodose on 12/07/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2004 Porsche 911 for this 335xi, needed a car for all the weather as I live in the upper midwest. This car is not a sports car like the porsche but it can hold its own on the road ( I have not taken this car to the track yet). I customed ordered this car with manual and navigation. The overall build quality of this car is excellent. I have driven the car for 6 months and 10,000 miles, no problems so far. The acceleration is there when you need it, can pass 95% care with ease on any road. The four wheel drive is very competent in any weather. Average duel mileage with 70% freeway is about 23 mpg. The iDrive was easy to use and very intuitive. I would highly recommend this car.

Overall Very Pleased
By jnb062470 on 11/29/07 10:32 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two words: stupid fast. A few bugs from the get-go (difficulty starting, iPod integration) but overall very pleased with the 335. It is more spacious than my 05 330. Fuel economy is not quite what I expect but I can't complain with 300 horses under the hood and expect it will get better as everything gets broken in.

Best 3-Series Yet
By Eric on 11/28/07 10:39 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After coming from my previous E46 3-series, the current 3 feels like the best yet. The 335 engine is worth the extra money, hands-down. The power is truly amazing. It's slightly larger than previous 3s, but I suppose BMW is making room in the line-up for the 1-series. Fit and finish are impressive, as always. The car is literally an extension of your body when driving -- extremely intuitive and responsive. Some downsides include reliability (minor issues mainly), run flat tires, slow responsiveness of iDrive and Comfort Access at times, poorly placed window controls (too far away), and quirky voice recognition.

I've owned this car over a year
By Jon on 11/12/07 06:49 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an early 2007 328xi. I have about 17k miles on the car now and it's been a great car. Zero mechanical problems. It has great acceleration for day-to-day driving, and sport mode when you need to merge. Major downsides are (1) gas mileage (20-22 in mixed driving; no where near the EPA estimate), (2) noise from the runflats (the loaner I had for my 1 year service was quieter, which leads me to believe that these tires get louder with age). I also had some paint peeling from the interior driver's side door handle. Apparently almost everyone experiences this. BMW replaced it in an hour, no questions asked.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.