2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Consider Others
By 2007xicoupe on 05/10/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After actually ordering a car for the first time I was very excited to own the "ultimate driving machine". However it became the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE. The tapping noise the engine made should never happen on a premium car like this. It became a battle to have BMW admit to it and have it fixed. They are well aware of the problem yet still sell new cars with this defect. My car was damaged at the dealer trying to have this repair done and this was a result of BMW not standing behind their product. These cars are overpriced and overrated.

DEAL of the CENTURY!!!
By redline8x1000 on 04/28/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked this car up last week as certified pre-owned and it's the ONLY way to go with BMW! You get the benefits of a new car in terms of warranties for the price of a used car. I got a maintenance plan to cover up to 100,000 miles which is a MUST if you plan on keeping your car and not leasing. The one I got is fully loaded with every possible upgrade and the incredible thing is that I got it all for under $30K out the door! This car brand new with it's options would have easily cost over $50K!!!

2007 335i
By mowgli on 04/21/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a vette for this car and I don't regret it at all. Best car I've ever owned. No maintenance issues. ONLY CAVEAT-- BUY THE ROAD HAZARD INSURANCE FOR THE RUNFLATS. If you get the sport package (low profile tires) it will pay for itself very quickly .

What a car!!
By Ryan on 04/05/09 06:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought this car yesterday, and as you can guess, I'm writing a review today to tell about how great the car is. The performance on the vehicle is jaw dropping, the exterior styling is perfect and the technology on the vehicle is one the industry leaders. The bluetooth technology and voice command system are among the coolest features of the car. The idrive is a bit complicated, but I feel confident after a bit of use it will become second nature. Did I mention I love the 300 horses under the hood? Highly recommend.

Good for the cost
By BGDC on 04/02/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My 6 speed 335i ZSP sedan was purchased used as a CPO. The power's nice, the fairly sharp handling is rewarding (nice to be back in RWD) and the is quite cocooned. Large trunk, decent gas mileage and large backseat make it a good family car (wife and infant son). I look forward to curves. Sadly, the vehicle is extremely heavy, the RFTs are lousy and the interior trim appears to be peeling away on the door handle and steering wheel. It's a fun enough car but I look forward to the day I won't need something so large; I'm anxious for BMW to produce a light RWD coupe/sedan. For the next few years the 335i will suffice.

Upgraded from an 01 Camry
By homer on 04/01/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, however interior and wiring stinks. Driver Side Door cup has peeled twice. Replaced nearly half of the exterior light bulbs on the car. I have the Steptronic Transmission and my car STALLED TWICE at a stop. Car has only 20K miles.

Ultimate Tanning Machine
By William on 03/21/09 04:02 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car 10 days ago and chose it over a 2006 Corvette LT3 convertible. Styling is conservatively aggressive and should be appealing for a long time. Engine is really strong and I'm enjoying using the paddle shifters. Highest quality interior of any 3 I've ever had and this is my fifth one. More technology in this car than I will ever use, but it's fun to have it. Hard to believe but this car listed for over $60K and I got it for approximately two-thirds of that. My first service experience was pleasant and I'm a big fan of BMW's comprehensive service for the first four years or 50,000 miles.

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan RWD
By CDH on 02/27/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Handles as you would expect for a BMW...like a sports car but also with the luxury you would expect from BMW. This car is FAST...very FAST!!! One must be very careful driving because you can get to 100mph in a heartbeat and it only feels like you're doing 40mph. For a 300hp engine, gets great gas mileage at posted highway speeds (65mph) of somewhere around 29-30mpg. Expect 23-24 mpg in combined highway/city driving. After 14000 miles and 16 months of driving, I have had zero issues requiring any maintenance by the dealership. They did change the oil at one year (11K miles) and the wiper blades but the car has needed no other attention.

328xi, Premium, Cold Wthr packages
By DrB on 02/18/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW, had owned Mazdaspeed6, Infiniti G20. Very handsome car inside and out, premium materials inside. Loved it - until driving over NJ potholes. On 3 separate occasions, I hit a modest (not gigantic) pothole, and my can of soda went flying out of the holder, hit the ceiling, then fell to the floor spilling on the carpet. Incredibly frustrating, ride is way too stiff! During service at BMW dealer, I mentioned this to the manager. He told me it was a very common complaint with the new generation coupe. This was originally a $46k car, which I got for a steal at $32k with 18k miles. Despite my great deal, I sold the car after 4 months of ownership, I couldn't drive it on NJ roads

BMW - Solid Fun
By Marek on 02/15/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

At first I was a little skeptical about purchasing a BMW as many reviews including consumer reports stated that the electronics fail often and overall reliability is not as high as other Japanese companies. However when I read about the 335 twin turbo engine I had to take a test drive. My first car was a 2001.5 1.8T Audi with a chip and exhaust. Loved the Audi but once I had 150K miles I sold it and got an Acura. I pledged never to get another non-AWD car again. The Acura was plain boring. Once I drove the 335xi it was obvious that this was a special car. I bought it the same day and traded in my Acura TL.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.