Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to Drive
By Dan L.

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2007 Volkswagen Passat for the 2007 335i sedan and haven't looked back! Powerful acceleration is exhilarating. Handles like a dream. Great looking car. Understated but luxurious interior. iDrive is fine once you get used to it. Decent sound system with the Logic7. Only time will tell on long term reliability, but after 3 months, no issues. When driven civilly, good gas mileage. Be careful because it's easy to get a speeding ticket.

Favorite Features

Twin turbo engine. Handling. Classy interior. Understated but aggressive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Kill the run flats and add a true spare. Less proprietary maintenance once warranty expires...cost of maintenance through BMW can be a killer.

Fourth BMW & Better than ever
By PJD

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought as CPO have driven 5,000 mi with no problems. Great car in all aspects except run flats.

Favorite Features

Performance and comfort Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Replace run flats with standard m&s all season touring such as Continental Conti Xtreme Contact with spare or donut spare. Fix radio display so it can be viewed through sunglasses.

Love my 335i
By Voogan

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 5 3 series of the previous generations which were all great cars, but the 335i is by far the most fantastic example of German engineering to date. The care is a rocket and handles anything you through at it. I abused it for two years before selling it and only had one issues which is known fuel pump issue. I have owned both Audi and Mercedes competitors at times and each of them have feel short of of BMWs product.

Favorite Features

Effortless Acceleration, Handling, Interior/Exterior Design, Headlights, and the best breaking of any car I have driven. (Except a 2010 ZR1) ;)

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioned Seats! Cheaper Comfort Access, Price tag...

My 2nd 2007 335i Sedan
By Mike

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded my 07 335 with 50k miles about a year ago for $24k, bought a M35 and hated it, then bought a Prius and loved the gas mileage but hated the build quality, so I found a deal on an 07 335i sport/premium/comfort with 63k miles, paid $20,500. the bumper has been repainted but the car feels solid, more solid than my last 335 that was a demo when I bought it. My new 335 has black leather and blue metallic paint. The steptronic/paddle shifters shift smoother than my last 335i for some reason. I love the tight feel when I steer around corners. Definitely a 4 door sports car. Although it can be tough to turn the wheel at low speeds without active steering.

Favorite Features

Quick engine, muscular exterior design, great handling, premium and sports package, steptronic transmission, comfort option

Suggested Improvements

Relocate cup holders, more interior storage, cannot see audio display with polarized sunglasses, make satellite radio standard

Lack of quality
By cw

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought and sold my last BMW! Purchased a 2007 335i in May 2007 and have been disappointed ever since! The following problems ensued: transmission failure, large amounts of brake noise, fuel pump failure, and fuel injector failure. All were fixed under warranty but who has the time to continually go back to the dealership! Run flats are a joke! Very expensive, don't last long and are hard to find. Sold my car last week and purchased a Lexus!

Favorite Features

Quick turbo response Great cornering

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality!