Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great ride, but don't hit a pot hole!
By MCJ

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love driving the car (335 XI) on smooth surfaces. Previous car a 2002 525. When I test drove this car I was blown away. I guess I did not hit a pot hole for a couple months. The first one scared the hell out of me. Live in NJ and pot holes are a way of life. Very glad I got the tire and wheel insurance. Had to replace 5 tires in the first 35000 miles. Love the car, hate the tires. Would not get runflats again, even though I love the car. On 525 had to change a tire 2 x in 100000 miles. Being a male not a big deal. My fault but when I bought the car I did not even realize they were run flats. I had two friends who bought similar models and they were surprised also that there was no spare.

Performance, ride, decent in the snow (better than the 525)

No more run flats. Do not like the idea that the computer tells you when to do maintenance. Had oil change at 33000 miles. Now at 47000 and computer is saying next service is at 56000 in Feb 2011. Yeah right.

Generally Happy
By Generally Happy

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

The interior feels luxurious (it ought to!) and I love driving the car around curves. While the warranty is in effect, the dealer gives me a loaner every time I get service, which is really super convenient. I like the pick-up when you hit the accelerator. It is the ultimate driving machine.

Cupholders are not practical. Not just the cupholders towards the dash, but also the middle cup holder is extremely small and can't hold an American size coffee cup. Also, why should the finish be coming off on the interior pieces? I have had one part replaced at least twice!

Best bimmer yet
By Matt

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 328i in March '07 after owning, in succession, a '90 325is & '99 323i. I loved the previous vehicles, but this car is the best I've ever had. This car without the sport package hugs the road better than my previous vehicles that had the sport suspension. The added interior room is also a big plus. I've had no problems with the run flats and the ride has always been very smooth. I went with an automatic for the first time and I use the clutchless manual exclusively for better performance and fuel economy. Long term I expect it too costly to maintain (as has been my experience), but it's been solid thus far.

styling interior room & comfort ride & handling

better visibility looking back over left shoulder

Good But Not Great
By Dave

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 3-series in a decade with an Audi A3 and Toyota 4Runner in the mix. The cars do have a sporty feel given the tight and precise steering. The car goes exactly where you want it and is very predictable. Even though the car has 230hp and 200lb feet of torque, it does not feel that quick nor responsive. It may be the electronic throttle to blame for the delay when stepping on the gas to pass some cars, or getting up to speed on a short freeway onramp. The interior is snug, even in the driver seat and I'm a short dude. Braking is excellent. The standard stereo sounds good and the ipod adapter works well with the stereo.

Excellent brakes, Steering, Gas Mileage

Improve throttle response, lose the cupholders or replace the location. I got the BMW tire warranty since I have heard about the horror stories of run-flats.

BMW 328i: better than you'd expect.
By Greg

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this car for about 7 months, but I can assure you it's been a privilege. The inline 6 provides plenty of power with surprisingly-quick acceleration, yet very efficient. It seems to have a perfect balance of highway comfort and performance that begs to be driven through the bends faster than you thought possible. The driver can get all the info he needs from steering response and the pedals and the 6-speed Steptronic is a blast. There really are two ways to drive this car: like a true luxury sedan or a true performance sedan. Either way, it's darn near perfect.

6-speed automatic with Steptronic: the best automatic I've driven. The power feels sensational coming from a car like this, and it's always smooth and sensual. You will never want to get out. Stereo sounds awesome and it's plenty comfortable. Lack of a spare tire means more cargo space!

If you want even more performance, go for a 335i. iDive isn't a bad option to have (mine doesn't have it). Sport package is great too, but the standard model I have doesn't really need a firmer suspension. It handles just fine. Improve the stereo controls.