2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Is it over yet?
By BStokes98 on 07/24/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where shall I start? I park my car in the garage and never lock it, one day I went out, opened the passenger door to get something, closed it. The next morning the battery was dead. When you open the passenger door, the headlights don't go back out.... I have had about 4 sets of tires on the front, when you hit a pothole it feels like you were in an accident... Also 1 new set of rims... Engine performance is great. Navigation is a mess... The bluetooth works really well and the AWD system is flawless.

Major Disappointment, Shop Other Brands
By Mike on 07/02/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my CPO 328i in April 2008, and the first problem was to already be fixed. Hey, it was small, no big deal. From there, the electrical problems never stopped. After its fifth time in the shop, went to close the door and the whole panel popped off. The problems never stopped until I traded it in for an Audi A4 two months later which made me much happier. The dealer nor BMW corporate would stand behind their product. 2005 was the last of the good years, now they drive like an economy car. They are completely living off their reputation and building lesser quality cars. After four BMWs, I am done!

Love my car
By Gerald on 05/16/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car 8 months, and done a few 12 hours road trips. Great car to drive, smooth, economical for the performance, fast and responsive. Generally a quiet and comfortable car, though the cabin noise above 100+ mph is a bit high - not sure if that's the tires, or that it's just our highways in the midwest really aren't built to be driven at that speed. Steptronic is nice, but occasional problem jerking when accelerating from a dead stop. Also tested an auto Infiniti G35x but no comparison. 26-27 mpg on highway, average about 19mpg but I drive a lot of start/stop in Chicago, and it's hard not to gun the engine!

Uncompromising performance with good MPG
By Scott on 05/06/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All around this has been a great car for the past year. It has averaged 21 MPG with a 65% city 35% freeway driving mix, and that is with some spirited driving on many occassions. On a recent road trip (400 miles) I averaged nearly 30 MPG. So to get that kind of MPG from a car that has 300 HP, 300 lb-feet of torque and can 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is amazing! One complaint has been the runflat tires (Bridgestone Potenzas.) They tramline, ride harsh and don't have the best traction. If I MUST have runflats, the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP would be a better choice. Overall, the car has been nearly flawless and completely reliable. My mirrors have a memory setting problem.

Dream car doesn't disappoint!
By Paul on 04/29/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved BMW since a little kid, finally got one. Even entry level 328i has plenty of power and sticks to the road like glue. Many people warned me that they don't handle well in snow/ice, but I found it to be better than any car I've ever had (including front wheel drives). I couldn't make it skid when I tried. Glad I didn't go for the "x" option, unnecessary. The car is quality through and through. Wish I had an autobahn to really run it! May do European delivery next time.

Best car I've ever driven... so far
By Bobby in a BMW on 04/12/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with German engineering with my first VW Golf, then a GTI... then went Japanese with the Acura TSX, which was beautiful, but didn't have the "chutzpah". But none of them compare to my 2007 328xi. Have it in dark green with brown interior and light wood. Have it for 7 mos now. Beautiful. Always wanted a BMW since I was a teen with dreams. The power and the way it handles are like no other I've driven. Drive it into a turn - it reacts with ease. You feel the road, but very comfortable. Don't mind the run flats. I'm thinking next to get the 300 hp, but there really is a lot of power in the 328. Radio's weird, so are cup holders. Big fan, but new A4 coming soon... hmm.

Worth the money
By Kathleen on 04/04/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a BMW and finally made the purchase. I have the sports package and get about 24 mpg doing a combination of city and highway driving. Probably the biggest treat is being able to quickly merge into commuter traffic. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, merging into commuter traffic was painful. My BMW is a ton of fun to drive and I am so happy with my purchase.

First Time BMW Owner
By Ken C on 03/21/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a BMW my entire adult life. Purchased a new 2007 328i 4dr and am really enjoying it. I have never considered myself a "car guy" but the power and ride that this vehicle provides is exceptional. While my overall expectations were met (and sometimes exceeded), there are still some opportunities that I believe BMW should address, such as the poorly crafted leatherette seats and the ill-placed cup holders.

Almost same performance as my lotus
By Chris on 03/05/08 13:28 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 1year and 2 months. All I can say is wow. My 0-60 times are 4.8 seconds. The car handles like no other 4 door. Car handles great in snow and ice. The DTC is out of this world and doesn't let you spin out the car in the snow.

Great Car, But...
By methodmadness on 02/19/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about a year and I've had little to complain about. The car is very fun to drive and very comfortable. However, the run flat tires are AWFUL and need to be replaced with regular tires. They make every bump a jarring experience, and make hitting minor potholes feel like you just got hit with a sledgehammer. They also seem to have some deleterious effect on high-speed cornering maneuvers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.