Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

My Dream Car
By Rain

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a performance driven customer and it's the best performing vehicle I've ever driven. Which is not saying much for a former Integra and Civic Si owner, but I enjoy every minute of every drive, especially spirited driving. I have had the car for a little over a year (9K) and have had an oil sensor glitch and a rear lamp failure, which was covered by the warranty. BMW touts free 4-year maintenance, which says an oil change every 15K, that seems crazy to me, so I recommend servicing the car at least once between the free ones. The AWD felt very stable in the typically mild north VA snowstorms.

Navigation with real-time traffic. AWD. Bluetooth. BMW-Assist.

iDrive for MP3 CD playback could use more options. Voice commands are hit or miss. Navigation is missing a lot features available on portable GPS units. I hope BMW has the ability to upgrade the software.

Beautiful design
By JT

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first is a 750I. My wife wanted something sporty and the 328i Coupe fits the bill. The design is a work of art, add in the performance and this car is a masterpiece. It feels, looks, and drives great!

Design, acceleration, cabin layout.

Get rid of the seatbelt arms.

I love this car!
By dstrobelt

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with this car from the first online announcement, designed to suit with every available option and upgrade; waited 4 months for delivery! Worth the wait, handles marvelously, turns on a dime, corners on wet pavement effortlessly, incredible front passenger sporty comfort, spunky acceleration (but I do feel some turbo lag).

Exterior and interior design is classy, sleek, and sexy.

Run Flat Tires are a nightmare. Bridgestone should be ashamed (with the hard composite material a small pot hole feels like the front end of the car fell off). The cup holders are terribly placed if a passenger is in the car. The turbo lag starts to annoy.

Nearly perfect
By jimmyd

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have stayed away from BMWs for the last 5 years due to dissatisfaction with local dealerships and overall BMW attitude to customers. I was lured back by the 335's promise of M3 like performance with more pleasant manners as a daily driver, for a lot less money. I was initially a bit disappointed as the car is heavier and less responsive than my old E46 328. I have since replaced the stock suspension with PSS9 coilovers and ditched the RFTs and put wider tires on front. It's a completely different car, and handles like a BMW should. It's hard to beat as an all round car with room for four. Most drivers will be happy with the stock performance, but it can be substantially improved.

Sport package seats. Wide torque band.

Make RFTs optional. Performance options.

Just plain fun
By jr

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A great looking car. It's a blast to drive. Unlimited acceleration. Almost feels like a go cart. Love the ability to unlock the car and start it w/o taking keys out of my pocket. Seats not great for the bigger body as they are heavily bolstered. Don't buy this car if you drive almost exclusively in heavy traffic. When you can't enjoy its potential, it's just another car.

Twin turbo engine. Very strong braking. External looks. The iDrive - once you master it, it is quite good. Don't believe all the negative criticism about it.

A car at this price point should have a CD changer and satellite radio built in. Get rid of run flat tires. If you get a flat you must replace the tire rather than patch it. Bad for the environment and extremely expensive. Each tire goes for several hundred dollars.