Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Good Car but Beware of Software Updates!
By LV

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Generally, the 335i is a great car. The coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road today. The vehicle is balanced, powerful and a joy to drive. A 6SP manual transmission will connect you to the road and provide nearly 30 mpg on the freeway.

Favorite Features

Engine, Style of Coupe

Suggested Improvements

Beware of software updates - they do not always result in an improvement. In fact SIB 13-09-10 actually degraded the performance in my 2007 335i and the dealer actually acknowledged it after the fact. All I can do is hope that BMW issues an updated software release that restores the power

Nightmare
By footdoc

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since I purchased this car as certified pre-owned it has been back to the dealer for repairs 1/3 of the time. After multiple complaints to BMW-USA the dealer finally contacted me. Before that the dealer ignored me. I am still using a loaner car and the computer module must be replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Certified pre-owned is only good if the company backs it up.

Fun to Drive, but quality problems
By Gus

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second day I picked up my car it let me sit because of a sensor that shut the engine off. The door locks failed twice (BMW now has a fix for the problem). The fuel pump went at 35,000 miles. The sun roof was stuck open twice and they had to download new software to fix it. All this said, this is my third BMW and by far, the most fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and torque. Handling is very good. The all wheel drive is great.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality as stated above.

Worst car in my life
By Marcus

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just happy to turn in this rubbish as my lease has expired. Terrible ridding, thanks to run flat tires, transmission is jerking, brakes are sticky, real fuel consumption: 16 mpg city, 24 mpg hwy. I'm just 5' tall, but is is very uncomfortable to get in and out of the car, leatherette seats very poor quality. Can't compare this car to my previous 325 model.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

back to previous models quality

Becoming harder to love
By DarkKnight335

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fully loaded, w/manual trans. Very fun to drive, nice features, looks great. My main complaint I have is about the tires. Had to replace all 4 tires within a year because of bubbles on the sidewall. At $400+ a pop, this is very expensive. Plus, the summer run flat tires are no good in the winter (they don't make all season run flats yet as I soon learned). Also had a couple of cracked rims, which was easily fixed, but still very annoying. I swapped for regular all season tires and bought a spare tire kit. The car handles so much better and is even smoother. However, wasn't able to avoid another cracked rim :/ if you don't live in a town with well paved roads, beware of this vehicle!

Favorite Features

The seats are comfortable, interior space is very good for a coupe. Comfort access, I-drive, bluetooth and the stereo is fantastic! Get a lot of compliments on the car for looks and features. The power in this car is awesome! Whenever I think about selling it, the low end torque keeps me holding on.

Suggested Improvements

I really think they should go back to regular tires. Run flats are a nice idea, but they're too expensive in terms of time and money. Cup holders are a major gripe, but no big deal. I just try not to drink in the car.