Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 335 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Disappointing Car
By JP

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Rear wheel drive.

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. BMW needs to copy the seats in the Volvo. Speedometer needs to be calibrated to realistic speed and the the sunroof needs a major re-engineering to achieve the same standards in sound dampening as found in most other cars.

What a great car
By mike si ny

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For my first luxury car this was a great car to pick it packs a lot in for such a low cpo price with worry free warranty and still free maintenance for another year and a half. The car rides like a dream and with all the options you really can never be disappointed. Love the handling and control it gives at high speed is phenomenal. Love the awd system and the pickup great. Switching from sport and comfort modes makes you feel like you are driving 2 completely different cars. This is the first car I have ever bought that I haven't felt I wish I had gotten this or that. Well to be perfectly honest I do say I wish I have gotten the 335 the power is addicting.

Bluetooth the very accurate navigation speed sensitive steering and awd system

a/c seats no run flat tires and a sport and comfort adjustable suspension

This is What a Sports Car Should be!
By buckeyede06

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is a very sporty handling car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury auto. It hugs turns and accelerates pretty quickly for a 230 HP vehicle. The suspension makes it a very smooth ride and the exterior is beautiful. It has curved and sharp edges giving it a very sporty look. The interior is sleek and modern and uncluttered. It gets decent gas mileage and is easy to take care of with the right warranty. I have a CPO and it hasn’t cost me a dime yet in maintenance. I know everyone loves these cars, but I think the biggest example of its quality is that I will only buy BMW’s after owning this machine! Joy is a BMW!

The handling and the Steptronic shifter

Lower MSRP is about it

Fantastic German Design and Engineering
By edwardsf

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for the wagon. I like putting my bikes and camping gear in a fun car but don't like SUVs for many reasons, so sport wagons are perfect. I had leased a 2007 A4 and really liked it but the 328i is simply a better car. It handles much better (except in rain of course), has better interior ergonomics for a tall guy, is faster in most scenarios, is quieter, more reliable and gets better highway mpg. Both are great looking in and out. The A4 seats however have much nicer, softer leather. I average about 23 mpg, maybe 1 mpg better than the A4. But I do much of my driving on the highway where the 328 gets 29 mpg while averaging 72 mph! Overall, a fantastic car.

Bluetooth works great, Xenon/adaptive lights, self dimming mirror, huge moonroof, MP3 capability, Logic 7 stereo is good, manumatic.

Get rid of run flats, please. Leather could be much softer and less sticky. The cup holders are fine for me. Backup beeper is annoying.

Great Sports Car Alternative
By Steve

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven this car for 2 years and have nothing but accolades for it. the 335i is a fantastic looking car with compliments galore. Having owned a Honda s2000 sports car, I know the difference between a blue blood and a true blood. What the 335i offers is power with flat-out speed and agility to make the quick dodge or turn if you need it. The comfort for two is plush with every convenience. This is a car you drive cross-country to an art show in SF and feel you are a part of the rich and famous. Of course, with a new $ tag of close to $70k with all the do- dads, you are. However, it is not a ultra nimble S2000, so sticking to a super tight turn with the peddle to the metal is not advised.

The 335i is pleasure to drive with the top down through the country side or winding your way along a tree lined mountain highway highway . The power and agility you have at your fingertips are awesome and combined with every creature comfort and plush seating, you have a luxurious sports car.

Although the 335i is primarily a two person luxury sports car, it does have backseats which are spartan but usable for short trips. Making them plusher would be a significant improvement. Forget the rough riding run-flats, replace them with a ultra contract all season vzw tire and flat tire kit.