2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun when it's not in the shop
By Mike on 01/17/09 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Thankfully, BMW has a 50000 mile all included warranty with their cars. The performance is great. I love the car but there are definitely material issues. 1. Steering wheel peels 2. Turbos rattle and wastegates need to be replaced 3. Door locks fail and have to be replaced 4. Plastic and rubber pieces scratch easily.

4000 Mile BMW test
By Tony on 11/05/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very smooth and powerful engine. Passing on 2 lane roads acceleration 50 to 90mph is quick. Engine torque allows 6th gear acceleraton at highway speeds w/o downshift. Amazing torque for 3Ltr engine. Much better than wife's Acura TL. At high altitude in Colorado I was amazed at ability to use cruise control on I70 over loveland pass at 11000ft elevation. 6spd auto trans ensures engine always in correct torque band. Brakes easily modulated and strong. Handling outstanding. Car goes where you point it. In corners sets up quickly and tracks easily. Able to corner at higher speeds with confidence. During 4000 mi trip in sept 08 averaged 30.2 mpg During trip from AR to SD, UT, CO back to Ark.

Reliable dream car with economy
By dmaccioc on 11/02/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a pretty standard issue '07 328i sedan with heated seats, iPod, and auto... everything else standard. Have owned it for 14 months, haven't had any problems even despite my hesitation in waiting almost 13.8k to get an oil change!! Close to 16k now. Average about 21 mpg with 70% city/30% hwy, and get over 32mpg in pure hwy. Except for the fact that it's a little expensive for what it is, I am thrilled with the driving dynamics, reliability, and quality of the car. If you can afford it, go for it, you won't be disappointed. I didn't get the Sport Package but wish I had - the wheels and seats are awesome!

First BMW and my last
By Jim on 10/29/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted to try the BMW and was impressed with the 335i advertised horsepower and torque. But I didn't really notice the turbo lag on the test drive when I bought the car. Now 2 years later I can't wait to turn this vehicle in. It has been back to the dealer 3 times for performance and I am always told this is normal. It is extremely irritating and dangerous. Try to pull out in traffic or try to go when it is your turn at a 4 way stop and you will have a one second delay from the time you hit the gas until it goes. Then it jerks as the traction control goes on and off. I have had the brake sensors replaced and the steering column. Stay away from this car. Poor quality and performance.

Overall dissapointing
By MN on 09/28/08 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Extremely slow steering for a bmw. It takes so much cranking of the wheel just to make a simple turn, and on top of that the effort is really heavy. And they don't offer active steering in xi models. The bridgestone runflats are joke. A fairly quick stop will make them slide. Starting from a stop is jarring. Press the gas in automatic mode and it will first pause for a while and then buck and jerk while it decides if it should continue in second gear or downshift to first. It goes through coolant and oil pretty quickly. Much faster than scheduled maintenance happens. Oh, and forget about spirited driving without sports package..there is NO seat bolstering whatsoever.

Best car I will ever own
By stressdoc on 09/25/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My son and I traveled to Europe to get this car via BMW's European delivery program. Fantastic! Driving this car on the autobahns and alpine switchbacks was the experience of a lifetime. The twin-turbo engine is unbelievable -- Incredible power. 30+ mpg on the highway. Superb handling. Two years and 22k miles later I am still in love with this car. The 2009 models have most of the improvements that I would want, except still no M-sport option. I would also be tempted by the super efficient 50 mpg diesels that are best sellers in Europe.

Twin turbo failure
By JEG on 09/22/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought 335XI with all the options, car has been a blast to drive, however in May 2008 my engine light came on took it to the dealership. Dealership had the car for 3 weeks after replacing both turbos and numerous other parts I got the car back but the mechanic did not know what caused the original failure. I started googling "335Xi twin turbo failures" there is a real problem with these cars overheating into limp mode especially cars that don't have oil coolers installed which mine did not I called BMW of North America 3 different times and got the same response, though I bought the 335XI with all options, since I had 17" instead of 18" wheels I was not eligible for the oil cooler kit

Run flat tires have to go!
By B8E on 08/09/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Bridgestone run-flats are a definite fault for my 2007 328i sedan - - noisy, premature wear at 15K miles, overall poor performance. BMW should make buyers aware of the "replacement before $20,000 half-price discount" (why so secretive????); but even more so should get rid of them altogether. Very poor choice for a luxury sedan. BMW should listen to their consumers and ditch the RFTs. This is my third 3 series though the first with RFTs, but will be my last if BMW sticks with the run-flats. Other than this one complaint, I love the car. Considering putting regular radials on it and putting a compact spare/jack in the trunk!

Love it
By Nat on 08/08/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car used, with a whopping 600 miles on it. Have had it for 3 months and added 7,000 incredibly fun miles. I have owned 2 jeeps (both soft top), 2 Volvos, 1 Lexus, 1 Benz, 1 Ford and 1 BMW years ago - this is by far the most fun to drive and the only one other than my first Jeep that has garnered great comments from other drivers. Took it in for regular maintenance service early at 7,600 miles as I don't want to wait til recommended 15,000 miles. I expected to pay for this one myself, but dealer took care of it anyway. Great car.

07 328i 4door
By Disappointed on 08/04/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a disappointment this vehicle has been. I now have 22,000 miles on this car and it had to have the rear differential changed, the seats had to be re-painted, whiplash on take off and various other issues. Can't lemon law this vehicle because it hasn't been in the shop enough. You would think when a large component like the differential going they (BMW) would step up and recognize the actual defect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.