2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

2007 BMW 335i
By Mike M

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fabulous performance and great fun to drive. But the quirky automatic transmission and seat belt server are annoying. Now a persistent fuel pressure problem from either the ECM or the high pressure fuel pump has the car at the shop for over three weeks. I miss my 2002 911 C2. I should have kept it at the end of it's lease.

Favorite Features

Performance, roadability are great. Much quieter interior compared to the old Porsche I had.

Suggested Improvements

I didn't want the iDrive so I didn't get the nav system. But now it will cost $650 to interface the iPod controls with the radio.

Beware of the run flat tires
By jl

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car- handling and power are great. Very quiet.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, navigation with the live traffic

Suggested Improvements

The run flat tires are a diaster. I had a flat after 2000 miles. I drove 15 miles to the closest BMW dealer. The rim was shot. $600 to replace the tire and rim 3 days later with no car. I love the car but I would not get another one with no spare. The fine print warns of rim and suspension damage.

335i Coupe... Purrs Like A Kitten
By Ted

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a 2003 infinity G35 Coupe..I thought this car exceeded expectations, but the BMW outclassed this car in every field..Yes the sticker price was 6 thousand dollars more but worth every penny.

Favorite Features

Performance, quality.

Suggested Improvements

BMW went to far with run flat tires. Little bit of a hard ride. No jack with car. 50 miles maximum distance when flat. Good luck finding a tire in stock. Once flat cannot use again and at $400.00 a tire.. !

So glad
By Jason

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got the car 3 days ago and man is it awesome. Went to the dealership to get M3 info, walked out with the 335i coupe. Traded my 07 vette for it, and I don't regret it one bit. It's not quite as fast but it drives much better. It handles well, the interior is rich and comfortable with options galore. It's like the current M3 in performance with a smoother, more quiet ride. Perfect for me. The new M3 surely will be my next car, if I can get one in the next 2 yrs. I still need to get used to the iDrive and all the features it comes with. Real time traffic will be useful.

Favorite Features

Looks and performance. The seats are much more comfortable than I thought they would be. Interior is classy. The whole pkg. is great.

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen navigation. My girlfriend has an 04 530i and the iDrive is a little better now, but I still think touch screen would be easier. I would like to see a small spoiler on the coupes come standard.

Frickin' Rocket Ship!!
By macmovieman

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my dream car. My last 3 cars have all been from Mercedes and after owning this just a few hours now I am wondering why I did not jump ship faster. The gearbox is state of the art and shifts are fast and smooth. The car corners flat and little or no hint of body roll on the high speed sweepers even under braking. I bought the car with every option but iDrive because I like the simplicity of the cabin without it. Edmunds shows the 2007 Corvette 0-60 at 5.23 seconds. I am looking forward to the day I meet one at a light.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth integration is very fast and easy to set up with multiple bluetooth enabled phones. The gearbox and transmission are truely awe-inspiring. The paddle shifters are crisp and hold the gears nicely in the high revs. The lumbar supports that come with the sports package are amazing.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder in the front dash is really a poor design. I would have liked to have 6 disks in the CD head unit but I guess the iPod attachment will fill that void.

Driver's Car
By JRT

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Initially I was not a BMW fan, I was a long time MB user. BMW's slogan the ultimate driving machine meant nothing to me. Until I drove one. I've always heard that BMWs drive like nothing else. This is very true, I have never felt more in-tune with a vehicle before. The responsive and agile handling of the car is excellent. As with most german cars fit, finish, and quality is at its best. The car feels so solid and refined. Every component of the car fits together perfectly. Interior is gorgeous and sporty, very driver oriented. Mercedes Benz is unmatched in luxury and refinement. But BMW's driving dynamics are superb. If you want the car to drive yo,u get an MB, yet if you're a driver, only BMW.

Favorite Features

Classy, sporty design. Interior material best quality. Driving dynamics. Powertrain more than adequate. Handling. Xenon adaptive headlights. Sound system. FUN TO DRIVE with touches of luxury.

335i Coupe is Unreal!
By zimbim

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive. It's amazingly comfortable equipped with the sport package seats, iDrive is easy to use after a brief learning curve, voice commands are awesome, keyless go is tremendous and the handling and acceleration is superb. Outside of that, I hate the car!

Favorite Features

Speed, looks, handling, comfort. This car is the total package. Almost forgot, the interior lighting that illuminates the doors and front dash is really cool with my red leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any at the moment, though I think I'd like the option of equipping the car with high performance tires instead of run- flats. I think the rubber feels a little harder than a typical high end performance tire.

Even better
By 2timer

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Second BMW (first was 03 325xi), first was wonderful and this is much better. Engine in different league, even handling surprisingly better. Recent ice storms and heavy snow removed any doubts whether AWD again worth mileage penalty. BTW these cars get worse mileage in-town but better highway than EPA ratings, as did 325xi. Run-flats (Contis not Bridgestones) smoother than ratings led me to expect.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior, engine, suspension and handling, climate controls, generous trunk esp with split folding rear seat. Get sport package for great seats and rims, plus higher top speed!

Suggested Improvements

What all BMW owners gladly put up with - someday better cupholders would be nice, plus a bit more usable interior storage.

BEST CAR EVER
By Moe Rizek

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about 4 months now, i already have 12000 miles, FUN to drive, AMAAAZING speed, real time information is great. The cup holder is the only annoying thing, otherwise it's the perfect car.

Favorite Features

Power is amaaazing.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder.

Corvette Killer!!
By charles

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I recently traded in my 2003 C5 Corvette for a 2007 BMW 335i coupe and we have no regrets so far. I was in love with my Corvette and did not want to get rid of it, but with a baby on the way we needed a car with more space. I was never a fan of BMW cars. I always thought they were overpriced and highly over rated until I took one for a test drive. Wow! now I understand what all the hype is about. I've had my car for about a month now and it is simply amazing. The acceleration is actually better than my Corvette. The low-end torque from the turbos makes the car fly off the line and feel quicker than it really is. The handling is great and this car loves to be tossed around corners.

Favorite Features

Twin-turbo power, handling, comfort, Sport Package, paddle shifters on automatic trans., exhaust note, high quality interior and iDrive (not so bad after you get the hang of it).

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy and annoying seatbelt extender.