Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

07 328i 4door
By Disappointed

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a disappointment this vehicle has been. I now have 22,000 miles on this car and it had to have the rear differential changed, the seats had to be re-painted, whiplash on take off and various other issues. Can't lemon law this vehicle because it hasn't been in the shop enough. You would think when a large component like the differential going they (BMW) would step up and recognize the actual defect.

Bluetooth, radio, comfort

Refer to the above

Major Disappointment, Shop Other Brands
By Mike

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my CPO 328i in April 2008, and the first problem was to already be fixed. Hey, it was small, no big deal. From there, the electrical problems never stopped. After its fifth time in the shop, went to close the door and the whole panel popped off. The problems never stopped until I traded it in for an Audi A4 two months later which made me much happier. The dealer nor BMW corporate would stand behind their product. 2005 was the last of the good years, now they drive like an economy car. They are completely living off their reputation and building lesser quality cars. After four BMWs, I am done!

Body style, tight handling

I miss that solid feel, run flat tires are terrible and noisy, uncomfortable seats, please go back to basics and build quality cars.

Dream car doesn't disappoint!
By Paul

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved BMW since a little kid, finally got one. Even entry level 328i has plenty of power and sticks to the road like glue. Many people warned me that they don't handle well in snow/ice, but I found it to be better than any car I've ever had (including front wheel drives). I couldn't make it skid when I tried. Glad I didn't go for the "x" option, unnecessary. The car is quality through and through. Wish I had an autobahn to really run it! May do European delivery next time.

Handling is superior to anything I've ever driven. Absolute joy to drive. Gas mileage on long trips is 30-32 mpg - incredible for a sport sedan. Engine is great balance of power, smoothness, and economy.

Radio/clock display can't be seen with polarized amber sunglasses - fix this! Voice command system is inconsistent. Run flats seem to ride OK, but due to their cost and availability, I ended up getting their tire/windshield warranty - wasn't happy about added expense. Window controls awkward.

Worth the money
By Kathleen

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a BMW and finally made the purchase. I have the sports package and get about 24 mpg doing a combination of city and highway driving. Probably the biggest treat is being able to quickly merge into commuter traffic. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, merging into commuter traffic was painful. My BMW is a ton of fun to drive and I am so happy with my purchase.

Attractive exterior lines and styling, handling on curves, comfortable ride, bluetooth for multiple phones, acceleration at all speeds very nice (once it kicks in), two 12v outlets, sunroof, door handle lights - all my friends think it's the coolest thing.

Delay in acceleration noticeable, cup holders a bit out of reach for drivers with short wing span, clearance for center console 12v plug not high enough, rims need cleaning at least once a week because of the amount of brake dust, could use a bit more truck space, better iPod integration with radio

First Time BMW Owner
By Ken C

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a BMW my entire adult life. Purchased a new 2007 328i 4dr and am really enjoying it. I have never considered myself a "car guy" but the power and ride that this vehicle provides is exceptional. While my overall expectations were met (and sometimes exceeded), there are still some opportunities that I believe BMW should address, such as the poorly crafted leatherette seats and the ill-placed cup holders.

Absolutely love the performance. Bit of a delay when really giving it some gas, but when it kicks in, it's smooth exceleration all the way. Also, love that I am not required to take it in every 3K miles for an oil change. Finally, you can't beat the 4yr/50K mile warranty.

I've had the vehicle 16 months and the seam on the side lumbar pad is starting to tear, along with the rubber along the inside of the door. I am just shocked that a $40K+ vehicle comes with leatherette seats which also stain very easily. Both my Lexus and Solara had much better seats.