2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Generally Happy
By Generally Happy on 01/15/10 06:24 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

Best bimmer yet
By Matt on 01/02/10 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 328i in March '07 after owning, in succession, a '90 325is & '99 323i. I loved the previous vehicles, but this car is the best I've ever had. This car without the sport package hugs the road better than my previous vehicles that had the sport suspension. The added interior room is also a big plus. I've had no problems with the run flats and the ride has always been very smooth. I went with an automatic for the first time and I use the clutchless manual exclusively for better performance and fuel economy. Long term I expect it too costly to maintain (as has been my experience), but it's been solid thus far.

BMW's Swiss Army Knife
By brianwad on 12/31/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Performance, utility, economy and comfort in a compact package but only after the Run Flat Tires are replaced with real tires. It even handles Michigan winters without all-wheel drive.This car inspires complete confidence on the road. This is my third BMW and the most competent all-round car I have owned in 40 years. I am now a total BMW convert.

Good But Not Great
By Dave on 12/21/09 14:37 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 3-series in a decade with an Audi A3 and Toyota 4Runner in the mix. The cars do have a sporty feel given the tight and precise steering. The car goes exactly where you want it and is very predictable. Even though the car has 230hp and 200lb feet of torque, it does not feel that quick nor responsive. It may be the electronic throttle to blame for the delay when stepping on the gas to pass some cars, or getting up to speed on a short freeway onramp. The interior is snug, even in the driver seat and I'm a short dude. Braking is excellent. The standard stereo sounds good and the ipod adapter works well with the stereo.

BMW 328i: better than you'd expect.
By Greg on 12/15/09 13:51 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this car for about 7 months, but I can assure you it's been a privilege. The inline 6 provides plenty of power with surprisingly-quick acceleration, yet very efficient. It seems to have a perfect balance of highway comfort and performance that begs to be driven through the bends faster than you thought possible. The driver can get all the info he needs from steering response and the pedals and the 6-speed Steptronic is a blast. There really are two ways to drive this car: like a true luxury sedan or a true performance sedan. Either way, it's darn near perfect.

Very pleased overall
By CAC on 12/05/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The overall styling is very advanced. My 328 has the Sport Package which makes for a firm ride, but the road grip is unbelievable. The car seems to be held back at highway speeds and feels more at home the faster you go, but never edgy. Brakes are superb. The 6-speed manual feels solid, although I wish 1st gear would extend a bit further...it seems to wind out fairly quickly. Adaptive xenon lights are way cool and seem 100% brighter than any other car's lights. Interior is comfortable, but quite snug, so forget it if you're a little on the heavy side. The leatherette seats are easy to maintain and of exceptional quality. The seat belt arm that extends the front seat belt is a little gimmicky.

Seamless driving experience
By larmen on 12/05/09 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car such as this. I alternate between feeling that the car is an extension of me and that I am an extension of the car. Beautiful integration of driver and driving dynamics. No wonder it is the class leader.

Fun to drive
By Oldgoat912 on 11/30/09 14:55 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Replacement for 1998 540i six speed. Although smaller my 335i is faster and more nimble. GREAT FUN to drive and comfortable for an old man (66!). My only problem is the tire ware. I don't spin out at every stop sign but had to replace the rear tires at 13,300 miles. I also think it would take one hell of a driver to accelerate faster with the six speed than with the auto trans. I love the shift paddles, the stereo and blue tooth.

Wow.
By IloveMy335i on 11/25/09 10:05 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After many hours of research and two years of savings. I was sold when BMW offered 0.9% financing on all preowned 3series. I've driven many cars from BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche. And currently owned an Accord and Infiniti Fx35. After the test drive of the 335i, I was blown away by how responsive the Twin turbo system was. It drives flawlessly together. I initially thought the car handled only slightly better than my Accord Coupe, until I mentioned this to the sales advisor that I compared the handling of my Honda w/ this BMW! He was floored and took me for a "special" test drive. Let say, he almost made me wet my pants on a round about on ramp to the freeway!

Fun car when it's not at the dealer
By BGDC on 11/19/09 23:11 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i offers an intoxicating engine and a very good chassis with near perfect balance. Sadly, the engine's got a common problem burning through fuel pumps, the chassis is upset easily by the poorly conceived RFTs and the car's balanced but 400 lbs too heavy. I picked up a CPO 335i ZSP as a family car that could offer some space that my Cooper S lacked. In that regard it does fine. No, I'm not getting 30 MPG now (more like 22), but I do have room for the baby in the back and a good sized trunk for family outings. Perfect, if not for: weight (unavoidable), RFTs (replaceable) and engine/turbo malfunctions (I've had nearly all turbo-related parts replaced over 16 days at the dealer).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.