Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

This is What a Sports Car Should be!
By buckeyede06

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is a very sporty handling car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury auto. It hugs turns and accelerates pretty quickly for a 230 HP vehicle. The suspension makes it a very smooth ride and the exterior is beautiful. It has curved and sharp edges giving it a very sporty look. The interior is sleek and modern and uncluttered. It gets decent gas mileage and is easy to take care of with the right warranty. I have a CPO and it hasnt cost me a dime yet in maintenance. I know everyone loves these cars, but I think the biggest example of its quality is that I will only buy BMWs after owning this machine! Joy is a BMW!

Favorite Features

The handling and the Steptronic shifter

Suggested Improvements

Lower MSRP is about it

Fantastic German Design and Engineering
By edwardsf

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for the wagon. I like putting my bikes and camping gear in a fun car but don't like SUVs for many reasons, so sport wagons are perfect. I had leased a 2007 A4 and really liked it but the 328i is simply a better car. It handles much better (except in rain of course), has better interior ergonomics for a tall guy, is faster in most scenarios, is quieter, more reliable and gets better highway mpg. Both are great looking in and out. The A4 seats however have much nicer, softer leather. I average about 23 mpg, maybe 1 mpg better than the A4. But I do much of my driving on the highway where the 328 gets 29 mpg while averaging 72 mph! Overall, a fantastic car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth works great, Xenon/adaptive lights, self dimming mirror, huge moonroof, MP3 capability, Logic 7 stereo is good, manumatic.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of run flats, please. Leather could be much softer and less sticky. The cup holders are fine for me. Backup beeper is annoying.

Great Sports Car Alternative
By Steve

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven this car for 2 years and have nothing but accolades for it. the 335i is a fantastic looking car with compliments galore. Having owned a Honda s2000 sports car, I know the difference between a blue blood and a true blood. What the 335i offers is power with flat-out speed and agility to make the quick dodge or turn if you need it. The comfort for two is plush with every convenience. This is a car you drive cross-country to an art show in SF and feel you are a part of the rich and famous. Of course, with a new $ tag of close to $70k with all the do- dads, you are. However, it is not a ultra nimble S2000, so sticking to a super tight turn with the peddle to the metal is not advised.

Favorite Features

The 335i is pleasure to drive with the top down through the country side or winding your way along a tree lined mountain highway highway . The power and agility you have at your fingertips are awesome and combined with every creature comfort and plush seating, you have a luxurious sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Although the 335i is primarily a two person luxury sports car, it does have backseats which are spartan but usable for short trips. Making them plusher would be a significant improvement. Forget the rough riding run-flats, replace them with a ultra contract all season vzw tire and flat tire kit.

Worth it!
By oaktownraiders

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great car, very practical fun to drive and solid as hell. I used to drive a 97 Camry so it's kind of an upgrade even though that was a great car. Love finding excuses to be able to drive the 3 series its got that sportiness and comfort that i was looking for. The only thing that scared me about it was a month after i bought it the car just stopped locking and unlocking even from the inside of the car you couldn't get it to open.Hopefully its not a sign of things to come.

Favorite Features

Sportiness, blue-tooth, looks, fuel economy, mostly everything

Suggested Improvements

a USB outlet for ipods. And on my model the side mirrors are too small.

Loving it on 2nd Day
By mp0wer45

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up my 2007 CPO. Love it so far. Was a toss up between the 335 and the 328. The 328 has MORE than enough power and is naturally aspirated = will last longer, so I went with it. Opted for the base model (leatherette, non-sports seats, normal radio, 16-inch wheels) and as a car nut, I gotta say I love it, even without the bells and whistles. Manual transmission is silky smooth, and the car feels like it's on rails. The car just feels well put together and tight, at least compared to my 9-5 Aero which was creaky and loose. Can't beat the BMW CPO program either. Bought the maintenance pkg for $1500, won't sink a dime into this car for the next 5 years.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, silky smooth gear box, surprisingly good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Stock wheels are kind of frumpy. Should at least have 17" on it. Also stock floor mats get caught on long clutch throws.