Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

What a Rocket!
By Doug

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.

The engine is incredible - NO turbo lag. Want to go fast? Flatten the pedal to the floor and let the computer do all the fuel flow adjustments. Smooth power and incredible cornering. I actually turned off the traction control once just to remember what a loose end on a high speed turn felt like!

I'm six foot so it's comfortable in the front, but a bit tight in the back for teh shoulders. The G35 was roomier in back, but you have to give up a lot for the added space. Also the front cup holders are poorly placed - they stick way out. I hit my knee on them when I'm the passenger if they're out

bmw forever
By stevee

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW! The 335 is Very FAST, smooth and fun drive. Best veh I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable from the heated seats to the heated cup holder. I love this car and would not buying anything else. My only regret, I should have waited for the M3.

Navigation, comfort package.

I would love to be able to open the trunk with the remote, even when the lock switch in the glovebox is in the locked position.

Perfect for me
By Dan

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You will really love this car if you're interested in a car that you want to enjoy driving. I like to drive, even if it's just to the local grocery store or just to work during the week. I have the 335 with the manual transmission and I just love every minute of it. Any 3 series will give you all the driving enjoyment you'll need or at least an understanding of why BMW is so special. The twin turbo 335 in addition to the manual transmission will just add to that experience. The aftermarket is also full of many performance mod's that can easily make this car have between 350 to 400 HP or more. The 300 HP stock rating is definitely under-rated to begin with, so don't compare numbers.

I like the i-drive with navigation... it's easy to use and makes everything is right there at a glance. The fat tires grip very well. The seats are amazing and the interior controls are just perfect and intuitive to where your hands might naturally rest.

Either make run-flat tires much cheaper to replace, or give the car non run-flats with some sort of spare tire option. Try looking for a set of run flats for 225/40 and 255/35 and see how many options you come up with and what they cost.

Overall Very Pleased
By jnb062470

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two words: stupid fast. A few bugs from the get-go (difficulty starting, iPod integration) but overall very pleased with the 335. It is more spacious than my 05 330. Fuel economy is not quite what I expect but I can't complain with 300 horses under the hood and expect it will get better as everything gets broken in.

Horsepower and torque, torque and horespower. iPod integration took some figuring out but is very nice. Did I mention the horsepower and torque???

RFTs are a joke. Will replace with "normal" tires before too long and buy the ContiKit for any flats. No oil dipstick? Detailed directions for Bluetooth and iPod integration would be nice.

Best 3-Series Yet
By Eric

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After coming from my previous E46 3-series, the current 3 feels like the best yet. The 335 engine is worth the extra money, hands-down. The power is truly amazing. It's slightly larger than previous 3s, but I suppose BMW is making room in the line-up for the 1-series. Fit and finish are impressive, as always. The car is literally an extension of your body when driving -- extremely intuitive and responsive. Some downsides include reliability (minor issues mainly), run flat tires, slow responsiveness of iDrive and Comfort Access at times, poorly placed window controls (too far away), and quirky voice recognition.

Powerful engine keeps pace with many sports cars, dynamic handling, SOS standard, very fun to drive, exceptional safety features, triple- blink turn signals, heat "at rest" feature, real-time traffic, and more!

Run flat tires should be optional -- No all-season RFT available as replacements for sport pkg... nobody makes them!! Horrible! Window controls are in a weird location -- put them back on the middle console. Typical 3-series drying/cracking door seals are STILL a problem and create creaking noise