Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

First BMW and my last
By Jim

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted to try the BMW and was impressed with the 335i advertised horsepower and torque. But I didn't really notice the turbo lag on the test drive when I bought the car. Now 2 years later I can't wait to turn this vehicle in. It has been back to the dealer 3 times for performance and I am always told this is normal. It is extremely irritating and dangerous. Try to pull out in traffic or try to go when it is your turn at a 4 way stop and you will have a one second delay from the time you hit the gas until it goes. Then it jerks as the traction control goes on and off. I have had the brake sensors replaced and the steering column. Stay away from this car. Poor quality and performance.

Best car I will ever own
By stressdoc

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My son and I traveled to Europe to get this car via BMW's European delivery program. Fantastic! Driving this car on the autobahns and alpine switchbacks was the experience of a lifetime. The twin-turbo engine is unbelievable -- Incredible power. 30+ mpg on the highway. Superb handling. Two years and 22k miles later I am still in love with this car. The 2009 models have most of the improvements that I would want, except still no M-sport option. I would also be tempted by the super efficient 50 mpg diesels that are best sellers in Europe.

Tire-smoking, gasp for air stuck into your seat power when you want it. Sublime handling with a superb ride. Solid, reliable, durable. Best sports car on the planet that fits three kids in the back seat and two bales of hay in the trunk.

I swapped the run-flat tires for high-performance rubber. And installed some of the parts from the European M-sport model. Some recent changes to the engine software programs reduce some of the low rpm punch -- a higher performance BMW tune option would be awesome.

Love it
By Nat

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car used, with a whopping 600 miles on it. Have had it for 3 months and added 7,000 incredibly fun miles. I have owned 2 jeeps (both soft top), 2 Volvos, 1 Lexus, 1 Benz, 1 Ford and 1 BMW years ago - this is by far the most fun to drive and the only one other than my first Jeep that has garnered great comments from other drivers. Took it in for regular maintenance service early at 7,600 miles as I don't want to wait til recommended 15,000 miles. I expected to pay for this one myself, but dealer took care of it anyway. Great car.

Acceleration, fun factor, looks and handling.

None, except minor issue with getting car into first gear occassionally (I got it with manual tranny)

Uncompromising performance with good MPG
By Scott

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All around this has been a great car for the past year. It has averaged 21 MPG with a 65% city 35% freeway driving mix, and that is with some spirited driving on many occassions. On a recent road trip (400 miles) I averaged nearly 30 MPG. So to get that kind of MPG from a car that has 300 HP, 300 lb-feet of torque and can 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is amazing! One complaint has been the runflat tires (Bridgestone Potenzas.) They tramline, ride harsh and don't have the best traction. If I MUST have runflats, the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP would be a better choice. Overall, the car has been nearly flawless and completely reliable. My mirrors have a memory setting problem.

300 HP from the twin turbo!

Dump the runflats and give me a real spare tire!

Almost same performance as my lotus
By Chris

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 1year and 2 months. All I can say is wow. My 0-60 times are 4.8 seconds. The car handles like no other 4 door. Car handles great in snow and ice. The DTC is out of this world and doesn't let you spin out the car in the snow.

Engine. 300hp and 300lb is a lie. Flat out. I dynoed the car and came up with 282wrhp and 297lb of torque. That is good, but way off :) That is why this car blows most cars off the road.

The only real thing is change the radio system. Lets get a little more modern.