Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW 328i: better than you'd expect.
By Greg

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this car for about 7 months, but I can assure you it's been a privilege. The inline 6 provides plenty of power with surprisingly-quick acceleration, yet very efficient. It seems to have a perfect balance of highway comfort and performance that begs to be driven through the bends faster than you thought possible. The driver can get all the info he needs from steering response and the pedals and the 6-speed Steptronic is a blast. There really are two ways to drive this car: like a true luxury sedan or a true performance sedan. Either way, it's darn near perfect.

6-speed automatic with Steptronic: the best automatic I've driven. The power feels sensational coming from a car like this, and it's always smooth and sensual. You will never want to get out. Stereo sounds awesome and it's plenty comfortable. Lack of a spare tire means more cargo space!

If you want even more performance, go for a 335i. iDive isn't a bad option to have (mine doesn't have it). Sport package is great too, but the standard model I have doesn't really need a firmer suspension. It handles just fine. Improve the stereo controls.

14k Miles and TOTAL FAILURE
By duff

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the car overall its my 3rd and so far no big problems until the 2007 version. At 14k miles car starts lurching and dies, total electronic failure?? Checked site to see if anyone else had the same incident I will post an update after my tow trip to the dealership

lights, body style is much better then previous years

better cupholders, TOSS THE RUN FLAT TIRES - ruins the drive ;)

Run flat tires ruined this car for me
By mrkay

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car in February 07 and have about 6 months left on a 36 month lease. I have just put on my third set of run flat tires (at 30,000 miles). I wish I had checked the reviews of this problem before I purchased the car. There are thousands of people who swear they will never buy or lease another bmw because of these miserable tires. They are expensive, and ride like a truck.

The tires ruined the car for me

Get rid of the run flat tires

DEAL of the CENTURY!!!
By redline8x1000

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked this car up last week as certified pre-owned and it's the ONLY way to go with BMW! You get the benefits of a new car in terms of warranties for the price of a used car. I got a maintenance plan to cover up to 100,000 miles which is a MUST if you plan on keeping your car and not leasing. The one I got is fully loaded with every possible upgrade and the incredible thing is that I got it all for under $30K out the door! This car brand new with it's options would have easily cost over $50K!!!

Xenon headlights, comfort access, sport package, overall handling, BMW styling.

More comfortable seats, more leg room for the rear seats, more user friendly interface than current idrive, better software for navigation system.

Upgraded from an 01 Camry
By homer

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, however interior and wiring stinks. Driver Side Door cup has peeled twice. Replaced nearly half of the exterior light bulbs on the car. I have the Steptronic Transmission and my car STALLED TWICE at a stop. Car has only 20K miles.

You can keep pushing and pushing your car.

Better Quality, get ride of the RFT and put in a Spare, and put more storage areas in the interior of the car.