Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Good But Not Great
By Dave

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 3-series in a decade with an Audi A3 and Toyota 4Runner in the mix. The cars do have a sporty feel given the tight and precise steering. The car goes exactly where you want it and is very predictable. Even though the car has 230hp and 200lb feet of torque, it does not feel that quick nor responsive. It may be the electronic throttle to blame for the delay when stepping on the gas to pass some cars, or getting up to speed on a short freeway onramp. The interior is snug, even in the driver seat and I'm a short dude. Braking is excellent. The standard stereo sounds good and the ipod adapter works well with the stereo.

Favorite Features

Excellent brakes, Steering, Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Improve throttle response, lose the cupholders or replace the location. I got the BMW tire warranty since I have heard about the horror stories of run-flats.

Nightmare
By footdoc

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since I purchased this car as certified pre-owned it has been back to the dealer for repairs 1/3 of the time. After multiple complaints to BMW-USA the dealer finally contacted me. Before that the dealer ignored me. I am still using a loaner car and the computer module must be replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Certified pre-owned is only good if the company backs it up.

Best bimmer yet
By Matt

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 328i in March '07 after owning, in succession, a '90 325is & '99 323i. I loved the previous vehicles, but this car is the best I've ever had. This car without the sport package hugs the road better than my previous vehicles that had the sport suspension. The added interior room is also a big plus. I've had no problems with the run flats and the ride has always been very smooth. I went with an automatic for the first time and I use the clutchless manual exclusively for better performance and fuel economy. Long term I expect it too costly to maintain (as has been my experience), but it's been solid thus far.

Favorite Features

styling interior room & comfort ride & handling

Suggested Improvements

better visibility looking back over left shoulder

Lock and Window Shutdown
By tetemia

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car had a complete lock and window shut down. I was stuck inside the car for over 10 minutes. The salesman told me the same thing happened to his car. I want to know if there is anyone out there that has had this same problem. Also, the driver mat rolls up and presses on the accelerator. I had horrible customer service experience. As bad as having to crawl in and out of my car, not even the manual key would open the door!

Favorite Features

Color and exterior trim look.

Suggested Improvements

Better safety features for this shut- down problem. Better driver floor mats.

Generally Happy
By Generally Happy

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

Favorite Features

The interior feels luxurious (it ought to!) and I love driving the car around curves. While the warranty is in effect, the dealer gives me a loaner every time I get service, which is really super convenient. I like the pick-up when you hit the accelerator. It is the ultimate driving machine.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are not practical. Not just the cupholders towards the dash, but also the middle cup holder is extremely small and can't hold an American size coffee cup. Also, why should the finish be coming off on the interior pieces? I have had one part replaced at least twice!