Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Glad I waited
By JohnM

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a long time for just the right BMW, AWD 6-speed manual stylish coupe, and couldn't be happier. A perfect daily driver for my needs. Always fun. Superb on two long highway trips so far. Great combination of exhilarating when pushed and serene when cruising. Unbelievable cornering forces generated even with the lowly Conti all-season run-flats. Completely predictable handling always. Firm ride is OK but big bumps cause a resounding whack when suspension bottoms - avoid potholes. Upgrade sound system is worth it - best I have heard. Bluetooth works great. Very little wind noise or buffeting with sunroof and windows open. Beautiful engine. Notchy shifter improving a bit with break-in.

Suspension - typical BMW - world-class ride/hanling compromise. Sound system - great and distortion-free at high volumes with all types of music.

Trunk release button is far down under dash on driver side. Homelink will not work unless engine is started. Voice commands on Bluetooth are picky and Teutonic male voice is hilariously stern.

Top notch but...
By bma

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Canít be too harsh on critique with so much to praise on performance. Low end torque is all I need. With steering that turns like a sticky roller coaster, a warp drive tranny alone in its own universe, and all the speed you need, This thing is really the best. But sacrifice for the privilege. True cost to own is double that of a Mini and you must be able to drop it off at the dealer regularly without a grimace. I have been in for repair a few times and will go back again while trying to remain calm. After owning for 6 months, the inconvenience is now starting to outweigh the fading thrill.

I mind meld with this thing.

More choices in color, tires, electronics.

Saga ends positivly
By bmwinct

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had problem from day 1 with vibration when releasing clutch in 5th. Dealer replaced tranny/clutch/transfer case, problem still persits. Car was at dealer 28 out of first 51 days. Dealer was very supportive. They paid my first month's lease payment. BMW and dealer came through today and are going to replace the car with a 2008 model. I'm going in to order it tomorrow. Even swap, and lease stays the same. Verdict still out on run flat tires. Happy with the fit and finish and performance.

Handles like no other car I've driven. Love to push it through the turns. Navigation system takes some getting used to but once you get it it's great. iPod adaptor.

Improve stereo. Needs more low end torque.

Very happy
By BPTBOB

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My previous car was a 2001 AUDI A6 4.2 pearl color. I loved it and thought there was no match. I was wrong. The BMW 335xi is a great car with plenty of power and looks. I settled for a Titanium Silver with all of the trimmings. (Premium, Sport, etc.) Good MPG 26-27 highway will be saving me a little cash too. For those shopping, don't short change yourself, be sure to get the premium package at minimum, you'll want to sleep in your car.

Sport package looks change the whole appearance of the car.

I wish I could view emails from my blackberry on the iDrive system. Otherwise nothing.

Wow!
By Frank B

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. Wonderful handling with an excellent ride. Power is more than I need. I am getting around 20/21 MPG overall and 28 to 30 on the highway. I have not had it in the snow yet, but with all-wheel drive I am sure it will do fine. I have not had as much pleasure in driving for many years.

Manual mode in Steptronic., Great lumbar support (optional with Convenience Package), BMW Assist (Optional), Run Flat tires, free service for 50,000/4 years.

Add paddles to Steptronic, when you open one door have all doors unlock.