Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Top notch but...
By bma

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Canít be too harsh on critique with so much to praise on performance. Low end torque is all I need. With steering that turns like a sticky roller coaster, a warp drive tranny alone in its own universe, and all the speed you need, This thing is really the best. But sacrifice for the privilege. True cost to own is double that of a Mini and you must be able to drop it off at the dealer regularly without a grimace. I have been in for repair a few times and will go back again while trying to remain calm. After owning for 6 months, the inconvenience is now starting to outweigh the fading thrill.

Favorite Features

I mind meld with this thing.

Suggested Improvements

More choices in color, tires, electronics.

Saga ends positivly
By bmwinct

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had problem from day 1 with vibration when releasing clutch in 5th. Dealer replaced tranny/clutch/transfer case, problem still persits. Car was at dealer 28 out of first 51 days. Dealer was very supportive. They paid my first month's lease payment. BMW and dealer came through today and are going to replace the car with a 2008 model. I'm going in to order it tomorrow. Even swap, and lease stays the same. Verdict still out on run flat tires. Happy with the fit and finish and performance.

Favorite Features

Handles like no other car I've driven. Love to push it through the turns. Navigation system takes some getting used to but once you get it it's great. iPod adaptor.

Suggested Improvements

Improve stereo. Needs more low end torque.

Very happy
By BPTBOB

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My previous car was a 2001 AUDI A6 4.2 pearl color. I loved it and thought there was no match. I was wrong. The BMW 335xi is a great car with plenty of power and looks. I settled for a Titanium Silver with all of the trimmings. (Premium, Sport, etc.) Good MPG 26-27 highway will be saving me a little cash too. For those shopping, don't short change yourself, be sure to get the premium package at minimum, you'll want to sleep in your car.

Favorite Features

Sport package looks change the whole appearance of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I could view emails from my blackberry on the iDrive system. Otherwise nothing.

Wow!
By Frank B

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. Wonderful handling with an excellent ride. Power is more than I need. I am getting around 20/21 MPG overall and 28 to 30 on the highway. I have not had it in the snow yet, but with all-wheel drive I am sure it will do fine. I have not had as much pleasure in driving for many years.

Favorite Features

Manual mode in Steptronic., Great lumbar support (optional with Convenience Package), BMW Assist (Optional), Run Flat tires, free service for 50,000/4 years.

Suggested Improvements

Add paddles to Steptronic, when you open one door have all doors unlock.

My First BMW
By DJ

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Generally, I'm pleased with my 328xi and looking forward to winter in the Colorado mountains. I like the 6 speed manual transmission, although I think the car is slightly underpowered compared to my Audi A4 2.0. I love the convenience locks and the pushbutton start. So far, no mechanical problems, but I think the no flat tires are overly loud on the freeway. All in all, the car sticks to the road like glue and is fun to drive on mountain roads (not so fun in tight parking lots).

Favorite Features

Convenience locks; bluetooth; handling; great look; xenon headlights that follow the road; auto wipers; auxiliary jack for hooking up iPod; SOS feature like onstar.

Suggested Improvements

Can't see radio/middle dash display with sunglasses on; door lock button should be on the door, not middle dash; could use a bit more horses; standard stereo isn't great, and is only a single CD.