Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 336 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Nearly perfect
By jimmyd

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have stayed away from BMWs for the last 5 years due to dissatisfaction with local dealerships and overall BMW attitude to customers. I was lured back by the 335's promise of M3 like performance with more pleasant manners as a daily driver, for a lot less money. I was initially a bit disappointed as the car is heavier and less responsive than my old E46 328. I have since replaced the stock suspension with PSS9 coilovers and ditched the RFTs and put wider tires on front. It's a completely different car, and handles like a BMW should. It's hard to beat as an all round car with room for four. Most drivers will be happy with the stock performance, but it can be substantially improved.

Sport package seats. Wide torque band.

Make RFTs optional. Performance options.

Just plain fun
By jr

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A great looking car. It's a blast to drive. Unlimited acceleration. Almost feels like a go cart. Love the ability to unlock the car and start it w/o taking keys out of my pocket. Seats not great for the bigger body as they are heavily bolstered. Don't buy this car if you drive almost exclusively in heavy traffic. When you can't enjoy its potential, it's just another car.

Twin turbo engine. Very strong braking. External looks. The iDrive - once you master it, it is quite good. Don't believe all the negative criticism about it.

A car at this price point should have a CD changer and satellite radio built in. Get rid of run flat tires. If you get a flat you must replace the tire rather than patch it. Bad for the environment and extremely expensive. Each tire goes for several hundred dollars.

I've owned this car over a year
By Jon

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an early 2007 328xi. I have about 17k miles on the car now and it's been a great car. Zero mechanical problems. It has great acceleration for day-to-day driving, and sport mode when you need to merge. Major downsides are (1) gas mileage (20-22 in mixed driving; no where near the EPA estimate), (2) noise from the runflats (the loaner I had for my 1 year service was quieter, which leads me to believe that these tires get louder with age). I also had some paint peeling from the interior driver's side door handle. Apparently almost everyone experiences this. BMW replaced it in an hour, no questions asked.

Exterior styling. Acceleration. The standard lighting package (the LEDs under the grab handles, the lights under the doors, the footwell lights, etc.).

Keep working on the runflats to make them quieter. The front spoiler sits (too?) low.

Wow!
By J Anderson

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the coupe in December and have had a blast. This is my first BMW and it has been a great experience. Careful not to hit anything with the run flats - it will set you back $400.

Fast and furious - car wants to go faster than I need to go, great seats w/lumbar.

Headlights shake too much, ride is stiff.

Driving it beats sleep
By BMW=Life

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I landed a new job, I wanted something fun that could turn heads, I chose the perfect car. I got the 335i, grey on red leather. Fast, agile, sleek, what is there not to love? Because I traded in the 10 year-old Mercedes Benz diesel, I would never look at anything else. I get compliments almost every single day because of the lines this car has, I now get parked in front of the restaurant by valet. If you are looking at it, buy it.

Navigation, HD radio, Sirius radio, iPod link, looks, warranty, color combo, wheels, sport package, agility, engine, Xenon headlights, seatbelts, steering wheel, big trunk, brakes, 50/50 weight distribution, steering.

Brake dust!! Price, premium fuel only.