2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Sports car with 4 doors
By BMW fan on 06/14/10 00:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Amazing handling! This is like driving a true sports car, but it has 4 doors and seating for 5. Mine has the sport package, which firms up the ride, but makes for great handling and flat cornering, and still is pretty smooth. I thought that I would miss the power of the 335, but the 328 is pretty fast, and gets much better mileage than the 335 (I've gotten between 22-30 mpg so far). I love the sport mode with the auto transmission; shifts happen faster and hold the gear longer.

Lock and Window Shutdown
By tetemia on 06/13/10 21:33 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car had a complete lock and window shut down. I was stuck inside the car for over 10 minutes. The salesman told me the same thing happened to his car. I want to know if there is anyone out there that has had this same problem. Also, the driver mat rolls up and presses on the accelerator. I had horrible customer service experience. As bad as having to crawl in and out of my car, not even the manual key would open the door!

Awesome Car, Everything they say it is!
By buckeyede06 on 06/04/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never believed all the hype till I took it home. A test drive is nice but you don't get the feel for the car till a few long trips in it. After a few hours on he road, i really started to appreciate the subtleness in its perfect handling! It handles and performs just like they say! Plus it is so sleek and stylish of a car!

Last BMW. Too Much Technology, Not Fun.
By DavKim88 on 05/21/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a huge BMW-fanatic until now. My 07 is too electronic and takes away from driver inputs regarding acceleration, braking, and lane changing. In order to smooth the ride with the run-flat tires, the base suspension is too soft. The steering is still tight, but swift lane changes are mushy rather than sturdy. Lots of body roll. Accelerator has a delay when being aggressive to swiftly pass, which is more dangerous. Brakes also have computer delay which can be annoying sounding. As per 6/2010 Bimmer magazine, the free maintenance intervals are not enough to keep these cars on the road past 100k. If you must, then lease it. I like my Porsche Cayman better with tight steering.

Not sure about this one!
By elballard on 04/18/10 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With no doubt this car is beautiful! I bought this CPO car with only 32k miles. I am a little concerned at times because shifting from 2nd to 3rd is not smooth. I also experienced an issue with the back, driver side window not going back up. I have only owned this car for less than a month! I was furious when I called my local BMW dealership on a Friday (when the window malfunctioned) to find out that I was up the creek until Monday. I have 2 small children, rain in the forecast and this vehicle is my only means of transportation!

Love the 3 series
By David on 04/13/10 07:14 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently had to downsize from '07 X5 and I have to say, I am happy that I did. The gas mileage is great, the car control feel like you are on rails, interior is very comfortable (sport package seats, highly recommend). The amount of power is amazing for such a small car. Overall, I very happy with the car and will continue being a dedicated BMW consumer.

Great car
By Franco on 03/17/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well I wait one year before I put my comment, I Bought this car last year so far everyday is like the first day, love to drive this car my wife also drives a BMW 2006 and she fell the same.

CPO 3 Series
By Steve on 02/25/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car with 35k on it in November of '09. It was CPO'ed and I really believe that is the way to go. So far, the reliability has been great, as I drive 110 miles round trip to work everyday. This is my first bimmer with many, many more to come.

Great ride, but don't hit a pot hole!
By MCJ on 02/07/10 10:49 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love driving the car (335 XI) on smooth surfaces. Previous car a 2002 525. When I test drove this car I was blown away. I guess I did not hit a pot hole for a couple months. The first one scared the hell out of me. Live in NJ and pot holes are a way of life. Very glad I got the tire and wheel insurance. Had to replace 5 tires in the first 35000 miles. Love the car, hate the tires. Would not get runflats again, even though I love the car. On 525 had to change a tire 2 x in 100000 miles. Being a male not a big deal. My fault but when I bought the car I did not even realize they were run flats. I had two friends who bought similar models and they were surprised also that there was no spare.

Generally Happy
By Generally Happy on 01/15/10 06:24 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.