2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
What a Rocket!
By Doug on 02/12/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.

bmw forever
By stevee on 12/28/07 02:23 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW! The 335 is Very FAST, smooth and fun drive. Best veh I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable from the heated seats to the heated cup holder. I love this car and would not buying anything else. My only regret, I should have waited for the M3.

Perfect for me
By Dan on 12/08/07 22:58 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You will really love this car if you're interested in a car that you want to enjoy driving. I like to drive, even if it's just to the local grocery store or just to work during the week. I have the 335 with the manual transmission and I just love every minute of it. Any 3 series will give you all the driving enjoyment you'll need or at least an understanding of why BMW is so special. The twin turbo 335 in addition to the manual transmission will just add to that experience. The aftermarket is also full of many performance mod's that can easily make this car have between 350 to 400 HP or more. The 300 HP stock rating is definitely under-rated to begin with, so don't compare numbers.

Overall Very Pleased
By jnb062470 on 11/29/07 10:32 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two words: stupid fast. A few bugs from the get-go (difficulty starting, iPod integration) but overall very pleased with the 335. It is more spacious than my 05 330. Fuel economy is not quite what I expect but I can't complain with 300 horses under the hood and expect it will get better as everything gets broken in.

Best 3-Series Yet
By Eric on 11/28/07 10:39 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After coming from my previous E46 3-series, the current 3 feels like the best yet. The 335 engine is worth the extra money, hands-down. The power is truly amazing. It's slightly larger than previous 3s, but I suppose BMW is making room in the line-up for the 1-series. Fit and finish are impressive, as always. The car is literally an extension of your body when driving -- extremely intuitive and responsive. Some downsides include reliability (minor issues mainly), run flat tires, slow responsiveness of iDrive and Comfort Access at times, poorly placed window controls (too far away), and quirky voice recognition.

Hold on to the Wheel
By Repeat Owner on 10/11/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Blk/Blk, sport,prem,nav,ipod. This is one of the most fun cars to drive that I've owned. It has amazing torque and sticks to corners without roll. I'm a previous 5 series owner so it feels a little cramped inside. Extremely disappointed with BMW, as the vehicle left me on the expressway with only 480 miles on it and the SOS service was horrible. The vehicle connected well with the call service, however, the AAA srvc provider BMW uses did not pick up my car for 4 hours (and it was 100 degrees in Atl). Complained to BMW NA but they didn't care. Problem was the belts broke and the car lost all power. Gas mileage is good for a 300 hp car, avg 22.5 mpg. Would get 535i next time for space.

335i is flat out awesome!
By RA on 08/27/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

End of lease was nearing on my Audi A4 3.2 Quattro and I planning to purchase the car. Bored and nothing to do a couple weekends ago, I decided to stop by the closest BMW dealer to check out the 335i. After the test drive, I was instantly sold. Before I pulled the trigger, drove the G35 and the IS 350, but clearly the 335i was the Ultimate Driving Machine. Tons of power available at any speed. Handling is superb and the car is incredibly balanced. Can't say that about the A4. Fit and finish of the car is first rate. Interior is clean and laid out nicely. Great stereo. The sport seats keep you firmly in place. Awesome car to drive. Fast and fun!

Extremely Fun though Unreliable
By Jonny on 08/19/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

With around 800 miles on my brand new 335i sedan, the fuel pump died. The symptoms were long crank times, power loss/hesitation and extreme vibration. It's been over 10 days and no word on a replacement. Stay away from this first year production if you can. From what I remember this car was fast, fun and super-agile when she was running.

Great Car
By mark on 08/10/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have driven the car for 3 months put on nearly 3,000 miles and I am having a blast. Outstanding acceleration and handling and all speeds.

First but not last BMW
By Tribe07 on 08/01/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW and wow, am I impressed. This car is flat out amazing. The best attributes are those characteristicts with the pure driving experience. If you love to drive, then you will love this car. The steering is amazingly precise, the brakes are strong yet smooth, the manual transmission is a joy to operate, the clutch is easy to use and then there's the engine. That twin turbo I-6 alone is reason enough to buy this car. To hear it rev is like pure automotive symphony. I love to rev this engine probably as much as the engine loves to rev. Cannot wait to hit the track one day. It also excels on the freeway - never got uncomfortable during an 11 hour trip. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.