Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Run Flat Alternative
By Greg

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Like most other BMW owners that bought their vehicles with RFTs, I too had a less than positive experience. It was a rougher ride than my '02 M3 after 15k miles. I'm ready for my first tire replacements at 30K miles and fortunately took it in for service before buying new tires. Complained about them to the service guy and he finally agreed they weren't getting rave reviews and said, under his breath, that people switching to regular tires noticed a marked improvement in handling, noise and comfort. He also said BMW now sells a "Mobility" kit for non-RFT tires (comes standard with new M's apparently) that is basically a fancy tire repair in a can. Ordering new Michelin's today!

Turbo--smooth and fast. Feels better than my old M3 and gets 30 mpg on freeway. Styling and interior--Nav system is ok, handsfree phone works great

Drop the RFT's and sell with the Mobility Kit.

Good for the cost
By BGDC

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My 6 speed 335i ZSP sedan was purchased used as a CPO. The power's nice, the fairly sharp handling is rewarding (nice to be back in RWD) and the is quite cocooned. Large trunk, decent gas mileage and large backseat make it a good family car (wife and infant son). I look forward to curves. Sadly, the vehicle is extremely heavy, the RFTs are lousy and the interior trim appears to be peeling away on the door handle and steering wheel. It's a fun enough car but I look forward to the day I won't need something so large; I'm anxious for BMW to produce a light RWD coupe/sedan. For the next few years the 335i will suffice.

RWD and near 50/50 weight distribution. Fairly good power to weight ratio.

Lose 400-500 lbs. Replace RFTs with real tires. 17 inch tire option on sport package. Replace navigation system with something useful and integrated with a cell phone/Google maps. An exhaust that actually has something throaty to say - like the departed e46 ZHP models.

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan RWD
By CDH

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Handles as you would expect for a BMW...like a sports car but also with the luxury you would expect from BMW. This car is FAST...very FAST!!! One must be very careful driving because you can get to 100mph in a heartbeat and it only feels like you're doing 40mph. For a 300hp engine, gets great gas mileage at posted highway speeds (65mph) of somewhere around 29-30mpg. Expect 23-24 mpg in combined highway/city driving. After 14000 miles and 16 months of driving, I have had zero issues requiring any maintenance by the dealership. They did change the oil at one year (11K miles) and the wiper blades but the car has needed no other attention.

For me, the engine response for this car is the most compelling feature. Twin-turbo, 300hp, 300ft-lb of torque. This car is a rocket on wheels!!!

The cup holders are kinda flimsy for this kind of a car. A cup holder in the center console would be much more convenient for us driving coffee drinkers.

Couldn't be Happier
By bud

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my 335i after begging my wife to drive her 535i for 6 months. I chose the sedan over the coupe because I do have people in the backseat frequently. The car drives like a rocket on wheels. Fast, but also very smooth and refined in most driving situations. It is the only car I have owned in 45 years of driving that excites me every time I start it, even after a year's ownership. An unexpected plus has been the gas mileage. It has consistently delivered 22+MPG city and 30 on highway cruises. It has been extraordinarily reliable with only routine dealer visits all covered under warranty.

The premium package gives me plenty of luxury and features, but I also got navigation and Sirius radio. These are a must for long distance driving. The iDrive, which is frequently maligned, is not that hard to master and offers amazing control of all the car's features without a lot of buttons.

Can the run-flat tires. Increase the size of the sun visors (maybe with an extender).

Fun when it's not in the shop
By Mike

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Thankfully, BMW has a 50000 mile all included warranty with their cars. The performance is great. I love the car but there are definitely material issues. 1. Steering wheel peels 2. Turbos rattle and wastegates need to be replaced 3. Door locks fail and have to be replaced 4. Plastic and rubber pieces scratch easily.

Performance, steptronic, paddle shifters, premium package, sports wheels.

Everyone says cupholders, I had a cup of tea spilled on my lap when my passenger hit the cupholder with his knee. Body style needs updating since it lacks sizzle.