2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
4000 Mile BMW test
By Tony on 11/05/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very smooth and powerful engine. Passing on 2 lane roads acceleration 50 to 90mph is quick. Engine torque allows 6th gear acceleraton at highway speeds w/o downshift. Amazing torque for 3Ltr engine. Much better than wife's Acura TL. At high altitude in Colorado I was amazed at ability to use cruise control on I70 over loveland pass at 11000ft elevation. 6spd auto trans ensures engine always in correct torque band. Brakes easily modulated and strong. Handling outstanding. Car goes where you point it. In corners sets up quickly and tracks easily. Able to corner at higher speeds with confidence. During 4000 mi trip in sept 08 averaged 30.2 mpg During trip from AR to SD, UT, CO back to Ark.

Reliable dream car with economy
By dmaccioc on 11/02/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a pretty standard issue '07 328i sedan with heated seats, iPod, and auto... everything else standard. Have owned it for 14 months, haven't had any problems even despite my hesitation in waiting almost 13.8k to get an oil change!! Close to 16k now. Average about 21 mpg with 70% city/30% hwy, and get over 32mpg in pure hwy. Except for the fact that it's a little expensive for what it is, I am thrilled with the driving dynamics, reliability, and quality of the car. If you can afford it, go for it, you won't be disappointed. I didn't get the Sport Package but wish I had - the wheels and seats are awesome!

Run flat tires have to go!
By B8E on 08/09/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Bridgestone run-flats are a definite fault for my 2007 328i sedan - - noisy, premature wear at 15K miles, overall poor performance. BMW should make buyers aware of the "replacement before $20,000 half-price discount" (why so secretive????); but even more so should get rid of them altogether. Very poor choice for a luxury sedan. BMW should listen to their consumers and ditch the RFTs. This is my third 3 series though the first with RFTs, but will be my last if BMW sticks with the run-flats. Other than this one complaint, I love the car. Considering putting regular radials on it and putting a compact spare/jack in the trunk!

07 328i 4door
By Disappointed on 08/04/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a disappointment this vehicle has been. I now have 22,000 miles on this car and it had to have the rear differential changed, the seats had to be re-painted, whiplash on take off and various other issues. Can't lemon law this vehicle because it hasn't been in the shop enough. You would think when a large component like the differential going they (BMW) would step up and recognize the actual defect.

Major Disappointment, Shop Other Brands
By Mike on 07/02/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my CPO 328i in April 2008, and the first problem was to already be fixed. Hey, it was small, no big deal. From there, the electrical problems never stopped. After its fifth time in the shop, went to close the door and the whole panel popped off. The problems never stopped until I traded it in for an Audi A4 two months later which made me much happier. The dealer nor BMW corporate would stand behind their product. 2005 was the last of the good years, now they drive like an economy car. They are completely living off their reputation and building lesser quality cars. After four BMWs, I am done!

Dream car doesn't disappoint!
By Paul on 04/29/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved BMW since a little kid, finally got one. Even entry level 328i has plenty of power and sticks to the road like glue. Many people warned me that they don't handle well in snow/ice, but I found it to be better than any car I've ever had (including front wheel drives). I couldn't make it skid when I tried. Glad I didn't go for the "x" option, unnecessary. The car is quality through and through. Wish I had an autobahn to really run it! May do European delivery next time.

Worth the money
By Kathleen on 04/04/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a BMW and finally made the purchase. I have the sports package and get about 24 mpg doing a combination of city and highway driving. Probably the biggest treat is being able to quickly merge into commuter traffic. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, merging into commuter traffic was painful. My BMW is a ton of fun to drive and I am so happy with my purchase.

First Time BMW Owner
By Ken C on 03/21/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a BMW my entire adult life. Purchased a new 2007 328i 4dr and am really enjoying it. I have never considered myself a "car guy" but the power and ride that this vehicle provides is exceptional. While my overall expectations were met (and sometimes exceeded), there are still some opportunities that I believe BMW should address, such as the poorly crafted leatherette seats and the ill-placed cup holders.

The Finest Automobile I've Ever Owned
By rs6654 on 10/29/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven this car coast to coast on all kinds of roads, in all kinds of terrain and all kinds of weather. I've been driving over 30 years and this car seems perfect in every way.

Great Car!
By Hans E on 10/26/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my Volvo S60 2.5T for the 328i and couldn't be more pleased. This car has great power, excellent handling and an understated luxury that I find very attractive. Over the years I've driven Mercedes, Saab, the Volvo and a couple of high-end Japanese cars. The BMW outperforms them all. The Volvo may be famous for its passive safety features, but the active safety of the BMW is a clear winner. To quote the BMW manual "Everything Under Control."

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.