Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

A year of driving my 2007 328i Coupe
By mrpaul

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is stunningly beautiful. Power of the 3.0 liter rivals a V-8. Fuel economy surprised me, 25 in town and 32 on the highway. No negatives after a year of driving. It handles so great on the road. No body sway at all on sharp turns. Handling is a dream.

I love the comfort access. Never have to reach for a key. Rear Window shade helps a lot here in Florida. The iDrive not as bad as some say. Took a short time to get accustomed to it.

Include a heated beverage holder like Chrysler does. A shame that a basic car like the Sebring has this feature and a BMW does not.

Not what I expected
By DHB

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a BMW 3-series with 6-speed manual. Fell in love with the 2007 coupe, but way past that now. Underwhelming acceleration and torque below 2700 RPM. Tranny has been big disappointment. Maddening HVAC and radio controls. Poorly shaped and sized storage cubbies. Can't see instrument lights with sunglasses. Under 3K miles had to replace driveshaft. At 4K, weird vibration in clutch pedal. Dealer diagnosed bad throwout bearing and replaced whole clutch. The vibration got worse! Now they tell me it'll "break-in" after 10-15K miles. It's hard to enjoy my "driver's car" when my clutch foot is tingling, and I'm being tortured by diabolically illogical controls and wretched ergonomics.

Handling, seats, looks.

Clutch, controls, instrument panel lighting, heating/cooling, storage, little things.

Only 4 mo old and it broke?
By Duc

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having my car for only 4 months, the seat belt arm broke. It took 4 visits to the dealership until they finally fixed the problem. When my car was 10 months old, the windshield wiper fluid pump stops working. It took 2 visits and they kept it in the shop for a total of 3 days until the realized there was a huge air bubble. It was very annoying that these little repairs take so many visits and time to be repaired. Every now and then my SOS doesn't work, which causes my bluetooth to malfunction. Other than that, the car drives well and I still like the slick look.

My red leather interior.

Get rid of the seat belt arm.

I Love This Car
By bcanza01

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first BMW purchase. I must say, I have never driven a car that was so much FUN to drive! It handles like a dream. The car is absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend it.

Ambient nightime lighting, awesome new looks, great sound system, HUGE trunk for it's class.

A little cramped for taller drivers. The internal menu system a little convoluted. Mileage has been okay. BMW SHOULD GET RID OF RUN FLAT TIRES.

Pleasure to drive
By jonny

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Before purchasing the BMW 328i coupe with the sports package, I had an Audi A4, which is also suppose to have great handling, performance, etc. Hands down - no comparison. I have never had as much fun driving a car as I do with the BMW. Granted, it's pricey, doesn't come with as many features (my 4 yr old audi had way more features and was less expensive), but in terms of performance, man, this car certainly is the ultimate driving machine. Extremely quick on take-off, suspension is phenomenal, and braking is incredible. Not to mention, its styled so elegantly, that you will certainly get looks on the road. Amazing car, by far the most fun I have ever had driving a car.

Great pick - raw power, excellent handling, great on the brakes, feels solid, comfortable seats, and excelent exterior. Sports package makes the car look even hotter.

The on-board computer can definitely use some work - if you don't get the premium package (which should be standard on a 40k car I think), than you have to toggle b/w the stereo and computer on the radio screen - lame. no cd changer - lame; no auto seats - lame; no navi - lame.