Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

335i + JB4=Super Car
By m3isme

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had an 06 550i and after reading the reviews, I went ahead and got a black/black with 6 speed. Had her for a month. RFTs are abysmal, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wow what a difference. Quieter and grip feels like it's doubled. Also installed a JB4 module. She now has an extra 100 hp and 100lbs of torque at the crank. M3 fast and gas mileage is wayyyy better city driving (19 vs 12). Seats are comfortable, miss the 20 way power seats of the 5 though. Used to the Idrive (use voice). Sound system is ok. I'm dreading the unnecessary trips to the dealer, but for 28k plus an extra 1600 in upgrades I gotta car that is stupid fast, fuel efficient, luxurious, and inconspicous.

Manual tran, gas mileage, JB4 upgrade, interior qualtiy, comfort access.

Get rid of the RFTS, 20 way power seats, upgrade the sound system (Audi's Bang & Olufsen is unbeliveable). Crossing fingers I do not end up at the dealership unexpectedly.

335I IS A VERY NICE PERFORMANCE CAR.
By yelis

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Its a true ultimate driving machine, and you MUST have one to understand this. I had Nissan Maxima (2), 08 Audi A4, E46 BMW M3, and now have 06 S2000. My 07 335i was great ! Engine is not as nice as in M3, but still very good. Reliability-wise....I only had to replace turbos under warranty....but then I only had the car from 32k to 47k. Its a shame that reliability is always a problem with German cars, thats why smart people get CPO warranty and stupid people pay CASH for service. GET CPO !!! AND ENJOY THE CAR !!! (thats if buying used)

LOGIC7, DOKOTA LEATHER SEATS, POWERFUL ENGINE, ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS

Some plastics are cheap and scratch easy, GET RID OFF STUPID RUN FLAT TIRES ! They make the car ride like crap (I switched as soon as I bought mine), seat-belt presenters are stupid and cheap too.....they are fine when they work....

I've fallen in love with my BMW.
By petrolheaded

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The steering is perfectly weighted. It is simply sublime to drive around any sort of bend. The car is reasonably powerful. More power from a 335i or an M3 is almost completely useless unless one plans on breaking the law on a consistent basis. The gas mileage can be quite reasonable if the car is driven with care (which is difficult to do because it's just so much fun). Lateral stability at high speed is incredible. The suspension is stiff yet forgiving. The "fit and finish" of the interior is astounding. I've put 10,000 miles on the car (starting from 27,000) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Buy this car.

The coupe, especially from the rear, is quite aesthetically pleasing. The quality of the interior is of reference quality. The headlights are wonderfully bright (bi-xenon). The driving dynamics are perfect in all areas. Gas mileage is good. The sport mode makes the car noticeably quicker. Reliability, so far, has been spotless. The standard stereo is surprisingly nice, and I am quite picky about audio quality. It seems as if every part of the car, from the bluetooth, to the stereo, to the engine, to the suspension, to the interior, seems as though someone took quite a lot of care in seeing that everything was perfect or nearly perfect. Best in its class, bar none.

If it's possible, make the suspension a bit softer without sacrificing performance in the corners. Improve the styling of the car from the side views (it's just a bit bland, not poor in any way). Make the shifts in manual mode (I have the automatic, despite what the review says) a bit quicker. Maybe they could offer a transmission with faster gearshift times for a higher price? The electric motors that operate the seats could be a bit more powerful i.e. just move a bit faster, but this is nit-picking. For the most part the car is pleasing to drive, look at, and own in every conceivable way.

Great car
By manos

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very sleek car- very fun to drive. Beautiful interior and exterior - great engine. There's room for improvement with regards to its fuel consumption since i drive quite conservatively. One issue is that the gears are a little sticky. Sometimes I encounter resistance when putting it into R or 1st gear.

interior

gears, fuel consumption

Love this car!
By Rcolley

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months I traded my 2006 BMW 325i (rear wheel drive). I felt the need for all wheel drive, considering the fact that N.Y.C sometimes have unexpected snow storms. My wife and I decided to get the 2007 328xi coupe w/nav in Monaco blue w/beige leather interior. We just loved how beautiful this car looked and it was very comfortable with the sport seats. Surprisingly not a significant difference in power from the 325i 215 hp to 328xi 230 hp nevertheless we love it.

I drive, sport seats and wheels, exterior design, interior design, lights, and ds mode

ditch the run flats.