2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
What a great car
By mike si ny on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For my first luxury car this was a great car to pick it packs a lot in for such a low cpo price with worry free warranty and still free maintenance for another year and a half. The car rides like a dream and with all the options you really can never be disappointed. Love the handling and control it gives at high speed is phenomenal. Love the awd system and the pickup great. Switching from sport and comfort modes makes you feel like you are driving 2 completely different cars. This is the first car I have ever bought that I haven't felt I wish I had gotten this or that. Well to be perfectly honest I do say I wish I have gotten the 335 the power is addicting.

Good Car but Beware of Software Updates!
By LV on 09/03/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Generally, the 335i is a great car. The coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road today. The vehicle is balanced, powerful and a joy to drive. A 6SP manual transmission will connect you to the road and provide nearly 30 mpg on the freeway.

Becoming harder to love
By DarkKnight335 on 08/04/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fully loaded, w/manual trans. Very fun to drive, nice features, looks great. My main complaint I have is about the tires. Had to replace all 4 tires within a year because of bubbles on the sidewall. At $400+ a pop, this is very expensive. Plus, the summer run flat tires are no good in the winter (they don't make all season run flats yet as I soon learned). Also had a couple of cracked rims, which was easily fixed, but still very annoying. I swapped for regular all season tires and bought a spare tire kit. The car handles so much better and is even smoother. However, wasn't able to avoid another cracked rim :/ if you don't live in a town with well paved roads, beware of this vehicle!

Lack of quality
By cw on 07/16/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought and sold my last BMW! Purchased a 2007 335i in May 2007 and have been disappointed ever since! The following problems ensued: transmission failure, large amounts of brake noise, fuel pump failure, and fuel injector failure. All were fixed under warranty but who has the time to continually go back to the dealership! Run flats are a joke! Very expensive, don't last long and are hard to find. Sold my car last week and purchased a Lexus!

great car
By mikeny on 04/07/10 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car. Super smooth on NY roads when compared to my old 2003 Nissan maxima. Great curb appeal in and out. Plenty of options to choose from. Really a drivers car. Love the idrive system

I would buy another one
By Mike in Rosenberg,TX on 02/15/10 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned this car for almost 3 yrs. I love the way the car drives and the speed/acceleration. It drives best in the sports mode - giving you plenty of torque to accelerate. I have driven it regularly over 80 miles per hour and rides great. 24 miles per gallon has been my mileage. I love the blue tooth. Speakers could be better so upgrade. Leather seats have worn and need warranty work as other have mentioned. I have had no problems with the car. Service is great at the dealer. Run flats I still am undecided. I have had a nail in three of them and when I went to dealer they wanted to replace tires at almost 300 each. I just had a tire repair shop plug each tire for 5 bucks each.

Very pleased overall
By CAC on 12/05/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The overall styling is very advanced. My 328 has the Sport Package which makes for a firm ride, but the road grip is unbelievable. The car seems to be held back at highway speeds and feels more at home the faster you go, but never edgy. Brakes are superb. The 6-speed manual feels solid, although I wish 1st gear would extend a bit further...it seems to wind out fairly quickly. Adaptive xenon lights are way cool and seem 100% brighter than any other car's lights. Interior is comfortable, but quite snug, so forget it if you're a little on the heavy side. The leatherette seats are easy to maintain and of exceptional quality. The seat belt arm that extends the front seat belt is a little gimmicky.

Play hard, pay hard!
By Darkknight335 on 05/21/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun, good looking car to drive. The acceleration is amazing and effortless. Very quiet cabin and poised until you're surprised by a bump. This car is very customizable to your preferences. Having the comfort access gives this car an extra lux quality. However, all the technology makes me afraid that it's going to be an expensive car to maintain in the long run. The seatbelt assist arm has acted up a few times already. City gas mileage is horrible, but highway is better than my last car (avg 17/27). At the end, I'm glad I bought this car. The best car I've ever owned by far.

Consider Others
By 2007xicoupe on 05/10/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After actually ordering a car for the first time I was very excited to own the "ultimate driving machine". However it became the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE. The tapping noise the engine made should never happen on a premium car like this. It became a battle to have BMW admit to it and have it fixed. They are well aware of the problem yet still sell new cars with this defect. My car was damaged at the dealer trying to have this repair done and this was a result of BMW not standing behind their product. These cars are overpriced and overrated.

2007 335i
By mowgli on 04/21/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a vette for this car and I don't regret it at all. Best car I've ever owned. No maintenance issues. ONLY CAVEAT-- BUY THE ROAD HAZARD INSURANCE FOR THE RUNFLATS. If you get the sport package (low profile tires) it will pay for itself very quickly .

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.