2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Lemon of the bunch
By Ana on 08/17/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My beautiful alpine white BMW 328XI AWD 4dr.sedan has been in the shop 12 times, first time 6 months after purchase. Major computer problems;computer indicator pops up with visuals not in the handbook. Service @ BMW has had difficulty reprogramming the computer. Poor handling dealing with pot holes. Little things go wrong with the car all the time. Car serviced at a different dealer than purchase. BMW corporate says that the service dept. has been able to fix the problems the car has had, but the vehicle is not reliable and I don't feel safe driving it. Afraid to drive the car long distances for fear of being stranded. This ultimate driving machine is a NIGHTMARE=LEMON!

Is it over yet?
By BStokes98 on 07/24/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where shall I start? I park my car in the garage and never lock it, one day I went out, opened the passenger door to get something, closed it. The next morning the battery was dead. When you open the passenger door, the headlights don't go back out.... I have had about 4 sets of tires on the front, when you hit a pothole it feels like you were in an accident... Also 1 new set of rims... Engine performance is great. Navigation is a mess... The bluetooth works really well and the AWD system is flawless.

Best car I've ever driven... so far
By Bobby in a BMW on 04/12/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with German engineering with my first VW Golf, then a GTI... then went Japanese with the Acura TSX, which was beautiful, but didn't have the "chutzpah". But none of them compare to my 2007 328xi. Have it in dark green with brown interior and light wood. Have it for 7 mos now. Beautiful. Always wanted a BMW since I was a teen with dreams. The power and the way it handles are like no other I've driven. Drive it into a turn - it reacts with ease. You feel the road, but very comfortable. Don't mind the run flats. I'm thinking next to get the 300 hp, but there really is a lot of power in the 328. Radio's weird, so are cup holders. Big fan, but new A4 coming soon... hmm.

I've owned this car over a year
By Jon on 11/12/07 06:49 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an early 2007 328xi. I have about 17k miles on the car now and it's been a great car. Zero mechanical problems. It has great acceleration for day-to-day driving, and sport mode when you need to merge. Major downsides are (1) gas mileage (20-22 in mixed driving; no where near the EPA estimate), (2) noise from the runflats (the loaner I had for my 1 year service was quieter, which leads me to believe that these tires get louder with age). I also had some paint peeling from the interior driver's side door handle. Apparently almost everyone experiences this. BMW replaced it in an hour, no questions asked.

Saga ends positivly
By bmwinct on 10/03/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had problem from day 1 with vibration when releasing clutch in 5th. Dealer replaced tranny/clutch/transfer case, problem still persits. Car was at dealer 28 out of first 51 days. Dealer was very supportive. They paid my first month's lease payment. BMW and dealer came through today and are going to replace the car with a 2008 model. I'm going in to order it tomorrow. Even swap, and lease stays the same. Verdict still out on run flat tires. Happy with the fit and finish and performance.

Wow!
By Frank B on 10/02/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. Wonderful handling with an excellent ride. Power is more than I need. I am getting around 20/21 MPG overall and 28 to 30 on the highway. I have not had it in the snow yet, but with all-wheel drive I am sure it will do fine. I have not had as much pleasure in driving for many years.

My First BMW
By DJ on 09/30/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Generally, I'm pleased with my 328xi and looking forward to winter in the Colorado mountains. I like the 6 speed manual transmission, although I think the car is slightly underpowered compared to my Audi A4 2.0. I love the convenience locks and the pushbutton start. So far, no mechanical problems, but I think the no flat tires are overly loud on the freeway. All in all, the car sticks to the road like glue and is fun to drive on mountain roads (not so fun in tight parking lots).

Fun to drive
By jimwv on 09/27/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very pleased. Handles very well with a neutral, flat and connected feel to the car. Ergonomics fit me very well and interior is roomy for a compact car. Run flats are acceptable, ride-wise, although once worn, I'll replace with Michelins and put some fix/flat in trunk. Bluetooth works very well. Fantastic leather and interior fit/finish is great but glove box is smallish. For the high price of admission, the standard sound system should be better - okay, but the Logic 7 system shouldn't be an option at this price. Push button start system is, I think, unique. Some may say it's odd or gimmicky. Good power but if you're a power monger pop for the 335.

Worst car ever!
By James on 09/17/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is hands down the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Within the first 2 weeks it was in the shop twice for electrical problems. Then when I was driving on the highway, I hit the gas and didn't go anywhere and almost got creamed, twice. Performance is no where near all the hype and it is a very uncomfortable car to drive longer than 2 hours in. The bluetooth feature is garbage and the recieving quality on whom you are calling is very bad. The gas mileage is terrible in city and hwy driving. Overall a terrible car.

In love with car.
By !!!!!! on 08/25/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 528i before, thought I would never drive a smaller car, but since the 328 is now bigger, its just perfect. Handles and hugs the road so well. Can't wait to try it in the snow, used to park the 528 when it snowed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.