2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Sort Reviews by

Last BMW. Too Much Technology, Not Fun.
By DavKim88

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a huge BMW-fanatic until now. My 07 is too electronic and takes away from driver inputs regarding acceleration, braking, and lane changing. In order to smooth the ride with the run-flat tires, the base suspension is too soft. The steering is still tight, but swift lane changes are mushy rather than sturdy. Lots of body roll. Accelerator has a delay when being aggressive to swiftly pass, which is more dangerous. Brakes also have computer delay which can be annoying sounding. As per 6/2010 Bimmer magazine, the free maintenance intervals are not enough to keep these cars on the road past 100k. If you must, then lease it. I like my Porsche Cayman better with tight steering.

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy, exterior design, door handle lights.

Suggested Improvements

Sport suspension with regular tires and a full size spare. I'll pay for maintenance and just admit to requiring fluid changes beyond just oil. This car will not last beyond 5-7 years like my 2003 would.

Not sure about this one!
By elballard

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With no doubt this car is beautiful! I bought this CPO car with only 32k miles. I am a little concerned at times because shifting from 2nd to 3rd is not smooth. I also experienced an issue with the back, driver side window not going back up. I have only owned this car for less than a month! I was furious when I called my local BMW dealership on a Friday (when the window malfunctioned) to find out that I was up the creek until Monday. I have 2 small children, rain in the forecast and this vehicle is my only means of transportation!

Favorite Features

Exterior design & Handling

Suggested Improvements

Needs more in-cab storage & a full size spare

Generally Happy
By Generally Happy

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

Favorite Features

The interior feels luxurious (it ought to!) and I love driving the car around curves. While the warranty is in effect, the dealer gives me a loaner every time I get service, which is really super convenient. I like the pick-up when you hit the accelerator. It is the ultimate driving machine.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are not practical. Not just the cupholders towards the dash, but also the middle cup holder is extremely small and can't hold an American size coffee cup. Also, why should the finish be coming off on the interior pieces? I have had one part replaced at least twice!

Best bimmer yet
By Matt

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 328i in March '07 after owning, in succession, a '90 325is & '99 323i. I loved the previous vehicles, but this car is the best I've ever had. This car without the sport package hugs the road better than my previous vehicles that had the sport suspension. The added interior room is also a big plus. I've had no problems with the run flats and the ride has always been very smooth. I went with an automatic for the first time and I use the clutchless manual exclusively for better performance and fuel economy. Long term I expect it too costly to maintain (as has been my experience), but it's been solid thus far.

Favorite Features

styling interior room & comfort ride & handling

Suggested Improvements

better visibility looking back over left shoulder

Good But Not Great
By Dave

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third 3-series in a decade with an Audi A3 and Toyota 4Runner in the mix. The cars do have a sporty feel given the tight and precise steering. The car goes exactly where you want it and is very predictable. Even though the car has 230hp and 200lb feet of torque, it does not feel that quick nor responsive. It may be the electronic throttle to blame for the delay when stepping on the gas to pass some cars, or getting up to speed on a short freeway onramp. The interior is snug, even in the driver seat and I'm a short dude. Braking is excellent. The standard stereo sounds good and the ipod adapter works well with the stereo.

Favorite Features

Excellent brakes, Steering, Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Improve throttle response, lose the cupholders or replace the location. I got the BMW tire warranty since I have heard about the horror stories of run-flats.

BMW 328i: better than you'd expect.
By Greg

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this car for about 7 months, but I can assure you it's been a privilege. The inline 6 provides plenty of power with surprisingly-quick acceleration, yet very efficient. It seems to have a perfect balance of highway comfort and performance that begs to be driven through the bends faster than you thought possible. The driver can get all the info he needs from steering response and the pedals and the 6-speed Steptronic is a blast. There really are two ways to drive this car: like a true luxury sedan or a true performance sedan. Either way, it's darn near perfect.

Favorite Features

6-speed automatic with Steptronic: the best automatic I've driven. The power feels sensational coming from a car like this, and it's always smooth and sensual. You will never want to get out. Stereo sounds awesome and it's plenty comfortable. Lack of a spare tire means more cargo space!

Suggested Improvements

If you want even more performance, go for a 335i. iDive isn't a bad option to have (mine doesn't have it). Sport package is great too, but the standard model I have doesn't really need a firmer suspension. It handles just fine. Improve the stereo controls.

14k Miles and TOTAL FAILURE
By duff

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the car overall its my 3rd and so far no big problems until the 2007 version. At 14k miles car starts lurching and dies, total electronic failure?? Checked site to see if anyone else had the same incident I will post an update after my tow trip to the dealership

Favorite Features

lights, body style is much better then previous years

Suggested Improvements

better cupholders, TOSS THE RUN FLAT TIRES - ruins the drive ;)

Run flat tires ruined this car for me
By mrkay

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car in February 07 and have about 6 months left on a 36 month lease. I have just put on my third set of run flat tires (at 30,000 miles). I wish I had checked the reviews of this problem before I purchased the car. There are thousands of people who swear they will never buy or lease another bmw because of these miserable tires. They are expensive, and ride like a truck.

Favorite Features

The tires ruined the car for me

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the run flat tires

DEAL of the CENTURY!!!
By redline8x1000

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked this car up last week as certified pre-owned and it's the ONLY way to go with BMW! You get the benefits of a new car in terms of warranties for the price of a used car. I got a maintenance plan to cover up to 100,000 miles which is a MUST if you plan on keeping your car and not leasing. The one I got is fully loaded with every possible upgrade and the incredible thing is that I got it all for under $30K out the door! This car brand new with it's options would have easily cost over $50K!!!

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights, comfort access, sport package, overall handling, BMW styling.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, more leg room for the rear seats, more user friendly interface than current idrive, better software for navigation system.

Upgraded from an 01 Camry
By homer

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, however interior and wiring stinks. Driver Side Door cup has peeled twice. Replaced nearly half of the exterior light bulbs on the car. I have the Steptronic Transmission and my car STALLED TWICE at a stop. Car has only 20K miles.

Favorite Features

You can keep pushing and pushing your car.

Suggested Improvements

Better Quality, get ride of the RFT and put in a Spare, and put more storage areas in the interior of the car.