2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Not what I expected
By DHB on 09/14/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a BMW 3-series with 6-speed manual. Fell in love with the 2007 coupe, but way past that now. Underwhelming acceleration and torque below 2700 RPM. Tranny has been big disappointment. Maddening HVAC and radio controls. Poorly shaped and sized storage cubbies. Can't see instrument lights with sunglasses. Under 3K miles had to replace driveshaft. At 4K, weird vibration in clutch pedal. Dealer diagnosed bad throwout bearing and replaced whole clutch. The vibration got worse! Now they tell me it'll "break-in" after 10-15K miles. It's hard to enjoy my "driver's car" when my clutch foot is tingling, and I'm being tortured by diabolically illogical controls and wretched ergonomics.

Only 4 mo old and it broke?
By Duc on 09/07/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having my car for only 4 months, the seat belt arm broke. It took 4 visits to the dealership until they finally fixed the problem. When my car was 10 months old, the windshield wiper fluid pump stops working. It took 2 visits and they kept it in the shop for a total of 3 days until the realized there was a huge air bubble. It was very annoying that these little repairs take so many visits and time to be repaired. Every now and then my SOS doesn't work, which causes my bluetooth to malfunction. Other than that, the car drives well and I still like the slick look.

I Love This Car
By bcanza01 on 05/03/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first BMW purchase. I must say, I have never driven a car that was so much FUN to drive! It handles like a dream. The car is absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend it.

Pleasure to drive
By jonny on 04/19/07 10:15 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Before purchasing the BMW 328i coupe with the sports package, I had an Audi A4, which is also suppose to have great handling, performance, etc. Hands down - no comparison. I have never had as much fun driving a car as I do with the BMW. Granted, it's pricey, doesn't come with as many features (my 4 yr old audi had way more features and was less expensive), but in terms of performance, man, this car certainly is the ultimate driving machine. Extremely quick on take-off, suspension is phenomenal, and braking is incredible. Not to mention, its styled so elegantly, that you will certainly get looks on the road. Amazing car, by far the most fun I have ever had driving a car.

Driver's Car
By JRT on 03/31/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Initially I was not a BMW fan, I was a long time MB user. BMW's slogan the ultimate driving machine meant nothing to me. Until I drove one. I've always heard that BMWs drive like nothing else. This is very true, I have never felt more in-tune with a vehicle before. The responsive and agile handling of the car is excellent. As with most german cars fit, finish, and quality is at its best. The car feels so solid and refined. Every component of the car fits together perfectly. Interior is gorgeous and sporty, very driver oriented. Mercedes Benz is unmatched in luxury and refinement. But BMW's driving dynamics are superb. If you want the car to drive yo,u get an MB, yet if you're a driver, only BMW.

Manual + Sports Package
By strohe on 02/19/07 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 328i (Manual+Sports Package) in October 2006 and I'm very happy. It's not a car for snow weather but as soon as the streets are dry, it is so much fun to drive this coupe.

Great experinence in progress.
By Luis Angel on 01/13/07 08:29 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I did not like the style initially, but got used to it and saw the advantages and improvements in design as I drove it. Every day I fall in love with it.

First BMW, and I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Nathan Terrill on 01/09/07 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2006 Lexus IS 250 AWD for the 2007 BMW 328i coupe. The driving dynamics between these two vehicles is incomparable. The BMW truly provides a sense of being connected to the road, endless tourqe curve, and responsive power and stabilty. The hum of the inline 6 on the BMW is music to any enthusiasts ears as soon as he/she pushes the ignition button. It begs the question, "Why pay more, considering the sophistication level of the car's overall design, standard equipment level, driving dynamics, and quality of materials?"

BMW 328i
By rick on 12/01/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We took Europan delivery on our 328i in November; and had great weather so we really had a chance to drive. And, drive we did, a fantastic car, in the mountains, on the highway, in the city and on rural winding roads. The car is intuitive. The car turns heads even among the Porsches, Benzes and Ferraris! There is just nothing to improve. Even fuel economy was better than expected, and at 100 mph I had to roust my wife from her tour book. Hey, look what I am doing! Do yourself a favor and go drive one today.

Love My NEW 328i Coupe
By Gocsteve on 11/17/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd BMW, and it is my favorite! The new 230 HP 3.0L has plenty of power. I thought I wanted the 335i for the added power, but once I drove the new 6cyl, I was sold. This was plenty of power for me, and most others I'm sure. My other BMWs were both coupes, so I am quite used to the styling, the back seat is a bit harder to get in and out of compared to my other cars, but not a deal breaker. I do agree, the hokey seat belt stick will be a problem long term.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.