Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

bmw forever
By stevee

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW! The 335 is Very FAST, smooth and fun drive. Best veh I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable from the heated seats to the heated cup holder. I love this car and would not buying anything else. My only regret, I should have waited for the M3.

Navigation, comfort package.

I would love to be able to open the trunk with the remote, even when the lock switch in the glovebox is in the locked position.

Performs, but ugly!
By Xyrius

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It's like a Pontiac Grand Am/Prix from the front, a Hyundai from the side, and a Honda from the rear. In one word, it's ugly. However, it blows away the last iteration of the xi from every aspect other than appearance. BMW finally returned to the performance and drivability of the E36 chassis. The engine is worth the price, the appearance is a sincere let down. That's why they are releasing the 1 series. It looks just like the E46 chassis models, attractive, but without a rear. Come on guys, make them sexy again.

Power, steering, suspension much tighter than the last model

Appearance. It's just downright pedestrian. The coupe is an improvement (always has been) but the sedan is lame.

Perfect for me
By Dan

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You will really love this car if you're interested in a car that you want to enjoy driving. I like to drive, even if it's just to the local grocery store or just to work during the week. I have the 335 with the manual transmission and I just love every minute of it. Any 3 series will give you all the driving enjoyment you'll need or at least an understanding of why BMW is so special. The twin turbo 335 in addition to the manual transmission will just add to that experience. The aftermarket is also full of many performance mod's that can easily make this car have between 350 to 400 HP or more. The 300 HP stock rating is definitely under-rated to begin with, so don't compare numbers.

I like the i-drive with navigation... it's easy to use and makes everything is right there at a glance. The fat tires grip very well. The seats are amazing and the interior controls are just perfect and intuitive to where your hands might naturally rest.

Either make run-flat tires much cheaper to replace, or give the car non run-flats with some sort of spare tire option. Try looking for a set of run flats for 225/40 and 255/35 and see how many options you come up with and what they cost.

A very practical and fun car to drive.
By isodose

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2004 Porsche 911 for this 335xi, needed a car for all the weather as I live in the upper midwest. This car is not a sports car like the porsche but it can hold its own on the road ( I have not taken this car to the track yet). I customed ordered this car with manual and navigation. The overall build quality of this car is excellent. I have driven the car for 6 months and 10,000 miles, no problems so far. The acceleration is there when you need it, can pass 95% care with ease on any road. The four wheel drive is very competent in any weather. Average duel mileage with 70% freeway is about 23 mpg. The iDrive was easy to use and very intuitive. I would highly recommend this car.

Excellent handling. hand free bluetooth is very helpful - loads my blackberry address book into the iDrive screen. The iPod interface is excellent.

Heated steering wheel, add night vision as an option on the 3 series.

Overall Very Pleased
By jnb062470

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two words: stupid fast. A few bugs from the get-go (difficulty starting, iPod integration) but overall very pleased with the 335. It is more spacious than my 05 330. Fuel economy is not quite what I expect but I can't complain with 300 horses under the hood and expect it will get better as everything gets broken in.

Horsepower and torque, torque and horespower. iPod integration took some figuring out but is very nice. Did I mention the horsepower and torque???

RFTs are a joke. Will replace with "normal" tires before too long and buy the ContiKit for any flats. No oil dipstick? Detailed directions for Bluetooth and iPod integration would be nice.