Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Car, But...
By methodmadness

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about a year and I've had little to complain about. The car is very fun to drive and very comfortable. However, the run flat tires are AWFUL and need to be replaced with regular tires. They make every bump a jarring experience, and make hitting minor potholes feel like you just got hit with a sledgehammer. They also seem to have some deleterious effect on high-speed cornering maneuvers.

Awe-inspiring 300bhp turbo inline-six, precision steering, comfortable cockpit, speed^nth power

Replace run flats (for the love of god) with regular performance tires, interior fit and finish could be improved to Japanese standards, iDrive system is okay but not great

Perfect 4-door sedan
By Craig

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 5000 miles on this car. It is a dream to drive, and the ideal practical yet fun to drive sedan. I previously owned a '98 328i and this car is leaps and bounds better in every category. I was a little nervous about opting for automatic transmission this time, but I needn't have worried. With manual, sport, and "D" modes to choose from, and quick shifting, it is exceptionally competent and fun. It doesn't hurt that the massive torque is available at almost any RPM, so acceleration is strong in any gear. The run flat tires are a mixed bag--I like the safety feature but don't care for the harsher ride and potential expense to replace.

Acceleration (huge and flat torque curve from 1500 RPM), handling, brakes, Bluetooth, exceptional automatic transmission, no cost 4 years maintenance, driving it on the German Autobahn

Smoother ride on potholed roads, larger digits on instrument panel, ability to read radio LCD with polarized sunglasses, hesitation and jerk sometimes when accelerating from a stop.

What a Rocket!
By Doug

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.

The engine is incredible - NO turbo lag. Want to go fast? Flatten the pedal to the floor and let the computer do all the fuel flow adjustments. Smooth power and incredible cornering. I actually turned off the traction control once just to remember what a loose end on a high speed turn felt like!

I'm six foot so it's comfortable in the front, but a bit tight in the back for teh shoulders. The G35 was roomier in back, but you have to give up a lot for the added space. Also the front cup holders are poorly placed - they stick way out. I hit my knee on them when I'm the passenger if they're out

2007 BMW 335xi
By tact5225

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You buy, you pay, and you pay some more. But you have a blast while your doing it. Also make the right choice and get the manual.

The iDrive system.

Scrolling on the iPod music list gets tedious, cup holders need redesigning attention, current ones get stuck, but cool idea.

bmw forever
By stevee

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW! The 335 is Very FAST, smooth and fun drive. Best veh I have ever owned. Extremely comfortable from the heated seats to the heated cup holder. I love this car and would not buying anything else. My only regret, I should have waited for the M3.

Navigation, comfort package.

I would love to be able to open the trunk with the remote, even when the lock switch in the glovebox is in the locked position.