Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love my car
By Gerald

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car 8 months, and done a few 12 hours road trips. Great car to drive, smooth, economical for the performance, fast and responsive. Generally a quiet and comfortable car, though the cabin noise above 100+ mph is a bit high - not sure if that's the tires, or that it's just our highways in the midwest really aren't built to be driven at that speed. Steptronic is nice, but occasional problem jerking when accelerating from a dead stop. Also tested an auto Infiniti G35x but no comparison. 26-27 mpg on highway, average about 19mpg but I drive a lot of start/stop in Chicago, and it's hard not to gun the engine!

The engine, handling, styling, premium package. Love the styling of the Sports Pkg optional wheels but performance tires would have compromised snow handling.

The cup holders - I hate to sound picky, but I take corners and go over bumps one-handed when I have something in the cup holders, with the other hand holding what's in the cup holders. Storage in the consoles and glove box could be better. Road noise at high speed (100+ mph) - is that the tires?

Uncompromising performance with good MPG
By Scott

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All around this has been a great car for the past year. It has averaged 21 MPG with a 65% city 35% freeway driving mix, and that is with some spirited driving on many occassions. On a recent road trip (400 miles) I averaged nearly 30 MPG. So to get that kind of MPG from a car that has 300 HP, 300 lb-feet of torque and can 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is amazing! One complaint has been the runflat tires (Bridgestone Potenzas.) They tramline, ride harsh and don't have the best traction. If I MUST have runflats, the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP would be a better choice. Overall, the car has been nearly flawless and completely reliable. My mirrors have a memory setting problem.

300 HP from the twin turbo!

Dump the runflats and give me a real spare tire!

Dream car doesn't disappoint!
By Paul

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved BMW since a little kid, finally got one. Even entry level 328i has plenty of power and sticks to the road like glue. Many people warned me that they don't handle well in snow/ice, but I found it to be better than any car I've ever had (including front wheel drives). I couldn't make it skid when I tried. Glad I didn't go for the "x" option, unnecessary. The car is quality through and through. Wish I had an autobahn to really run it! May do European delivery next time.

Handling is superior to anything I've ever driven. Absolute joy to drive. Gas mileage on long trips is 30-32 mpg - incredible for a sport sedan. Engine is great balance of power, smoothness, and economy.

Radio/clock display can't be seen with polarized amber sunglasses - fix this! Voice command system is inconsistent. Run flats seem to ride OK, but due to their cost and availability, I ended up getting their tire/windshield warranty - wasn't happy about added expense. Window controls awkward.

Best car I've ever driven... so far
By Bobby in a BMW

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with German engineering with my first VW Golf, then a GTI... then went Japanese with the Acura TSX, which was beautiful, but didn't have the "chutzpah". But none of them compare to my 2007 328xi. Have it in dark green with brown interior and light wood. Have it for 7 mos now. Beautiful. Always wanted a BMW since I was a teen with dreams. The power and the way it handles are like no other I've driven. Drive it into a turn - it reacts with ease. You feel the road, but very comfortable. Don't mind the run flats. I'm thinking next to get the 300 hp, but there really is a lot of power in the 328. Radio's weird, so are cup holders. Big fan, but new A4 coming soon... hmm.

Driving characteristics, handling is amazing, power, leather, AWD is great in the winter here in NJ, Xenon headlights are cool. Comfort of 4 year maintenance (although I'm leasing for only 2 years). Sirius satellite.

Cup holders are in dumb places. Driver's seat creaks some, there's a weird clicking noise around the rear window when you hit bumps sometimes. Read others had same issue. Why the buffet of extra luxury features? Make them standard - this car can get pricey - but it drives like nothing else!

Worth the money
By Kathleen

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a BMW and finally made the purchase. I have the sports package and get about 24 mpg doing a combination of city and highway driving. Probably the biggest treat is being able to quickly merge into commuter traffic. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, merging into commuter traffic was painful. My BMW is a ton of fun to drive and I am so happy with my purchase.

Attractive exterior lines and styling, handling on curves, comfortable ride, bluetooth for multiple phones, acceleration at all speeds very nice (once it kicks in), two 12v outlets, sunroof, door handle lights - all my friends think it's the coolest thing.

Delay in acceleration noticeable, cup holders a bit out of reach for drivers with short wing span, clearance for center console 12v plug not high enough, rims need cleaning at least once a week because of the amount of brake dust, could use a bit more truck space, better iPod integration with radio

• SUV