2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp on 06/21/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it. IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it. Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems: 1. Power door locks failed 2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf) 3. Electric water pump failed 4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that 5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

Disappointing Car
By JP on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Fantastic German Design and Engineering
By edwardsf on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for the wagon. I like putting my bikes and camping gear in a fun car but don't like SUVs for many reasons, so sport wagons are perfect. I had leased a 2007 A4 and really liked it but the 328i is simply a better car. It handles much better (except in rain of course), has better interior ergonomics for a tall guy, is faster in most scenarios, is quieter, more reliable and gets better highway mpg. Both are great looking in and out. The A4 seats however have much nicer, softer leather. I average about 23 mpg, maybe 1 mpg better than the A4. But I do much of my driving on the highway where the 328 gets 29 mpg while averaging 72 mph! Overall, a fantastic car.

BMW's Swiss Army Knife
By brianwad on 12/31/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Performance, utility, economy and comfort in a compact package but only after the Run Flat Tires are replaced with real tires. It even handles Michigan winters without all-wheel drive.This car inspires complete confidence on the road. This is my third BMW and the most competent all-round car I have owned in 40 years. I am now a total BMW convert.

Fun to Drive - Even with RFT
By Tommy Phillips on 11/03/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 328I for 30 months. This is my 4th BMW 3 series. Third 3-Series with RFT. Best yet. The car has improved in handling, performance,safety, lots of gadgets and looks great parked. The run flat tires have been great on highway trips. (Drove Atlanta to Baltimore twice) Don't have to worry about a blowout at 100mph or sitting on the side of the road. However, I have learned the tricks of the RFT. Go to NTB to get the tires patched and get tires from Tirerack.com both will save your sanity and keep your love of the car intact. Also, buy a spare tire for long trips if you feel uneasy about the RFT (also cheap on Tirerack.com) much cheaper then getting through the BMW dealer.

BMW touring 3 series
By Juan Checa on 12/18/08 20:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle work great for me because I used to have a Volvo S40 and a S10 chevy truck and got rid of both for my touring and so far it's being good for my purpose. Good to travel.

Old Man's Sports car
By TPIII on 04/22/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the wagon to accommodate my granddaughter's weekend stuff for getting to my house. Anyway, that's my excuse for buying the 328i wagon. It has been a great road car. It turns corners just a good as the sedan. Looks great and the sunroof is wonderful in place of my droptop I traded. The wagon is a better deal than an SUV for gas mileage and getting around town. More headroom than the sedan in the rear. Great car for older folks vs. the minivan look. Provides extra space in the rear with the split seats for getting back and forth from shopping.

THe best got better
By lekkousa on 01/14/08 13:43 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in our beloved 2004 325i wagon, the wife actually cried when we gave it to the dealer, for the 2007 328i which we knew couldn't be as good as our 2004 model. WE WERE WRONG! The '07 is more refined, better handling, faster, and smoother than our old wagon. Only area of concern to me is run flat tires, I much prefer a spare, but have had no issues at all.

Run Flat Tires are No Good
By beverly5534 on 09/19/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new 328i wagon. Plenty of room for two little dog crates even with the back seat up. Get decent MPG, certainly better than my x5 got. Handles wonderfully, rides GREAT, iDrive is fun, GPS is amazing, and I get lots of compliments on the color combo (barbaro red with tan interior). The thing I hate are the run-flat tires! I have my second flat in the 4 months I own the car. Not the car's fault, but I now need to take hours to drive to the dealer, wait for them to sell me another tire. I don't have time for this, not to mention the cost. I want to be able to change/fix the flat and get on with my life.

328i Wagon
By John Johnson on 02/20/07 16:08 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just the right size for the city but plenty of room for extra loads for the weekend house. I love the stelthy look also of the wagon, way under the radar of sportier looking cars. Runs to the home store on weekends with large objects are no problem. The keyless option is an absolute must. Put the key in your pocket and forget it, oh and don't forget the heated seats... This is My first BMW in a long time and I had forgotton just how incredible the steering is however I'm still trying to get used to the very sensitive brakes. My old 2005 Saab 9-3 had much better pedal feel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.