Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Good Car
By Adam

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased as CPO, was a dealer loaner. Drive is generally good and it looks and feels like a BMW. Performance off the line in regular automatic is poor, but sport or manual mode makes it feel much better. Brakes and cornering are very good, but the trade off is a bit of a rough ride, especially over long distances. Fuel economy is about 23 mpg combined city/highway. Interior features are good and feels spacious, except that radio stack cannot be seen with sunglasses on. We also had a random failure of one of the side mirror covers on the highway, when the plastic part just fell off and was replaced under warranty. If you can get a good deal its a good solid car.

Favorite Features

Manual/sport mode gives lots of a power; total number of features is outstanding; car feels bigger than it is on the inside (holds a kid, a dog and christmas presents easily).

Suggested Improvements

Better throttle response in standard auto mode; more comfortable seats and ride over long distances; better build quality (plastic part should not fall off at 28,000 miles).

5 regrets
By Richard Fink

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Notwithstanding the following, the 328 Touring is great automobile, but in the hopes that these comments may come to BMW's attention, here are five criticisms: 1) the rear hatch requires some effort to open; 2) the direction signal is overly electronic and can miss the off position; 3) the radio control is based on some old DOS format and is awkward to change from cd to tuner; 4) the car produces a large clunk over potholes; 5) the transmission spends so much time seeking gas savings it's slow to down shift (and the sport mode is way too nervous). These should be all easy to correct. But perhaps most disturbing is that the car's ride is drifting towards that of Lexus and away from BMW.

Favorite Features

Large carrying capacity for a small car; rides in an aura of comfort and security.

Suggested Improvements

see above

Just buy the Bimmer you won't be sorry!
By Zymurgy

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I wanted a wagon for the extra room, but I wasn't going to compromise handling or fuel economy getting a crossover SUV. I like to test drive cars and have test driven a lot. I was ready to buy another Passat wagon (I loved every 100000 miles I put on my original), but then I test drove a 3 series - it was all over. There was no comparison with any other car that I have driven. Somehow they have combined the handling and comfortable ride like nothing I've ever driven. Good MPG. I took a 600 mile trip through mountains. Driving in the 80 range no cruise got 26. Before the mountains, rolling hills, some towns, cruise set mostly around 65 I got 30, everyday combination 24.

Favorite Features

The handling plus the comfortable ride. I love the styling. The best looking sport wagon on the planet. The all wheel drive. I haven't driven it in the snow yet but it's completely sure footed in the pouring rain. I tried to make it brake loose in the pouring rain on a 25 mph ramp, it held tight

Suggested Improvements

If you want the wagon main thing is we want the turbo. This would make it complete. Plus give me back my spare tire.

Perfect for Michigan
By Joe

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 328xi has the premium, sport, and cold weather packages, and it is also a manual. It's a great car. The run flat tires are hard for Michigan roads, but I've had no problems otherwise. The accelerator pedal (electronic, I suspect) is a bit dead, but the rest of the controls are great. There is no on-the-road performance hit compared to the sedan or coupe. I considered and test drove them all.

Favorite Features

Utility (my folding kayak fits inside), and the awd (though torque steer is present), BMW service both from the dealer and the company are great.

Suggested Improvements

The polarization on the radio face is incorrect, so you can't see it when wearing sunglasses - the rest of the instruments are ok. Improve the accelerator pedal feel. Bring the 335d wagon from Europe.