2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp on 06/21/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it. IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it. Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems: 1. Power door locks failed 2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf) 3. Electric water pump failed 4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that 5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

Disappointing Car
By JP on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Fantastic German Design and Engineering
By edwardsf on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is for the wagon. I like putting my bikes and camping gear in a fun car but don't like SUVs for many reasons, so sport wagons are perfect. I had leased a 2007 A4 and really liked it but the 328i is simply a better car. It handles much better (except in rain of course), has better interior ergonomics for a tall guy, is faster in most scenarios, is quieter, more reliable and gets better highway mpg. Both are great looking in and out. The A4 seats however have much nicer, softer leather. I average about 23 mpg, maybe 1 mpg better than the A4. But I do much of my driving on the highway where the 328 gets 29 mpg while averaging 72 mph! Overall, a fantastic car.

BMW's Swiss Army Knife
By brianwad on 12/31/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Performance, utility, economy and comfort in a compact package but only after the Run Flat Tires are replaced with real tires. It even handles Michigan winters without all-wheel drive.This car inspires complete confidence on the road. This is my third BMW and the most competent all-round car I have owned in 40 years. I am now a total BMW convert.

Fun to Drive - Even with RFT
By Tommy Phillips on 11/03/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 328I for 30 months. This is my 4th BMW 3 series. Third 3-Series with RFT. Best yet. The car has improved in handling, performance,safety, lots of gadgets and looks great parked. The run flat tires have been great on highway trips. (Drove Atlanta to Baltimore twice) Don't have to worry about a blowout at 100mph or sitting on the side of the road. However, I have learned the tricks of the RFT. Go to NTB to get the tires patched and get tires from Tirerack.com both will save your sanity and keep your love of the car intact. Also, buy a spare tire for long trips if you feel uneasy about the RFT (also cheap on Tirerack.com) much cheaper then getting through the BMW dealer.

Good Car
By Adam on 01/01/09 22:49 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased as CPO, was a dealer loaner. Drive is generally good and it looks and feels like a BMW. Performance off the line in regular automatic is poor, but sport or manual mode makes it feel much better. Brakes and cornering are very good, but the trade off is a bit of a rough ride, especially over long distances. Fuel economy is about 23 mpg combined city/highway. Interior features are good and feels spacious, except that radio stack cannot be seen with sunglasses on. We also had a random failure of one of the side mirror covers on the highway, when the plastic part just fell off and was replaced under warranty. If you can get a good deal its a good solid car.

BMW touring 3 series
By Juan Checa on 12/18/08 20:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle work great for me because I used to have a Volvo S40 and a S10 chevy truck and got rid of both for my touring and so far it's being good for my purpose. Good to travel.

5 regrets
By Richard Fink on 07/13/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Notwithstanding the following, the 328 Touring is great automobile, but in the hopes that these comments may come to BMW's attention, here are five criticisms: 1) the rear hatch requires some effort to open; 2) the direction signal is overly electronic and can miss the off position; 3) the radio control is based on some old DOS format and is awkward to change from cd to tuner; 4) the car produces a large clunk over potholes; 5) the transmission spends so much time seeking gas savings it's slow to down shift (and the sport mode is way too nervous). These should be all easy to correct. But perhaps most disturbing is that the car's ride is drifting towards that of Lexus and away from BMW.

Just buy the Bimmer you won't be sorry!
By Zymurgy on 06/15/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I wanted a wagon for the extra room, but I wasn't going to compromise handling or fuel economy getting a crossover SUV. I like to test drive cars and have test driven a lot. I was ready to buy another Passat wagon (I loved every 100000 miles I put on my original), but then I test drove a 3 series - it was all over. There was no comparison with any other car that I have driven. Somehow they have combined the handling and comfortable ride like nothing I've ever driven. Good MPG. I took a 600 mile trip through mountains. Driving in the 80 range no cruise got 26. Before the mountains, rolling hills, some towns, cruise set mostly around 65 I got 30, everyday combination 24.

Old Man's Sports car
By TPIII on 04/22/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the wagon to accommodate my granddaughter's weekend stuff for getting to my house. Anyway, that's my excuse for buying the 328i wagon. It has been a great road car. It turns corners just a good as the sedan. Looks great and the sunroof is wonderful in place of my droptop I traded. The wagon is a better deal than an SUV for gas mileage and getting around town. More headroom than the sedan in the rear. Great car for older folks vs. the minivan look. Provides extra space in the rear with the split seats for getting back and forth from shopping.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.