Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2007 328xi (automatic)
By Troy Perry

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought as CPO with 29k miles. Live in Vermont - snow/ice normal here. Now has 97k miles. Haven't fixed anything!! Regular dealer service (oil, inspections). Changed spark plugs at 95k. Best car with AWD I have ever driven - sooo safe! Fast, great breaking, superb handling. I'd recommend buying on of these new, or CPO with 30k or less miles.

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound during hard acceleration, HANDLING, speaker package (2 subs under seats), blinker one touch feature, seat adjustment (both front seats) - I'm tall, wife is short - fits both of use perfectly. Electronic monitors very good. Look for car externally - beautiful car! Interior sleek, leather and wood mix well matched - quality.

Suggested Improvements

Tech! Needs bluetooth audio streaming, and better on-dash phone controls. Existing system work ok, but programming names into bluetooth difficult. Get rid of runflats! Way to expensive - have Toyo Proxes4plus on the car now - performance and snow safety easily as good/better than runflats. Put oil dipstick under the hood (what if elec. monitor fails?).

BMW Gone down hill :(
By lcosta2

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd bmw 97"328 and a 99"m3 and previous 07" 328xi 6sp got it from bmw dealership with 67k one owner , changed the oil every 5k baby the car that's just how i m. Car was great until it hit 80k first the electric water pump $1300 and got me and my 2year old on the side of the freeway very dangerous on my opinion' called bmw they tell me its a common thing ok... a month later the low warning oil light comes on " head gasket cover leaking oil $1100 call bmw reply again its a common thing 2 weeks later the tesion pully $400" shocks $700 bmw again its a common thing. . Seriuos if its a common thing shouldn't it be recalls.. ps also this parts should not be regular maintenance parts .

Favorite Features

None sorry...

Suggested Improvements

Lots better ride ... no plastic pully tesion. ..No electric water pump..better on gas ...more reliable and please a temp gouge ....

Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago. Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability. The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer. I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it. These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders. One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years. The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.

Favorite Features

The "Driving Experience". Looks. The way the car holds the line. Perfectly balanced, leather interior is great gauges are simple, professional radio is adequate.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic tranny is confused, given the chance I would have bought a manual rear wheel drive. No run flats and a spare would be something I would personally prefer.

I Love this Car...
By stsraz

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently upgraded from a '97 Saturn SL2 to a '07 328xi AWD and I have to say that I LOVE this car. This car was obviously designed for people who LOVE to drive. From the drivers seat, everything is easily accessible. The ride is a tad rougher than on other luxury models I've ridden in, but it only enhances your connection to the experience. This is also a very mean car, from the aggressive lines, to the growl of the inline 6. If you're looking for a daily driver that requires minimal effort and a smooth ride to get point a to point b, I'd look elsewhere. But if you love to drive and want to feel in tune with the car and the road every time you sit down, this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

All the tech (auto head lights, auto wipers, great cruise control, push button start), cup holder placement, seat warmers, moon roof, stereo, sporty 6 speed manual transmission, AWD, and 230 horses of nothing but love.

Suggested Improvements

The ability to have stereo information available on the dash display (station, song, etc.). Other than that I think that BMW has gained a long time customer.

This is What a Sports Car Should be!
By buckeyede06

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is a very sporty handling car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury auto. It hugs turns and accelerates pretty quickly for a 230 HP vehicle. The suspension makes it a very smooth ride and the exterior is beautiful. It has curved and sharp edges giving it a very sporty look. The interior is sleek and modern and uncluttered. It gets decent gas mileage and is easy to take care of with the right warranty. I have a CPO and it hasnt cost me a dime yet in maintenance. I know everyone loves these cars, but I think the biggest example of its quality is that I will only buy BMWs after owning this machine! Joy is a BMW!

Favorite Features

The handling and the Steptronic shifter

Suggested Improvements

Lower MSRP is about it