2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW Gone down hill :(
By lcosta2 on 03/06/14 05:22 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd bmw 97"328 and a 99"m3 and previous 07" 328xi 6sp got it from bmw dealership with 67k one owner , changed the oil every 5k baby the car that's just how i m. Car was great until it hit 80k first the electric water pump $1300 and got me and my 2year old on the side of the freeway very dangerous on my opinion' called bmw they tell me its a common thing ok... a month later the low warning oil light comes on " head gasket cover leaking oil $1100 call bmw reply again its a common thing 2 weeks later the tesion pully $400" shocks $700 bmw again its a common thing. . Seriuos if its a common thing shouldn't it be recalls.. ps also this parts should not be regular maintenance parts .

Fun to drive!
By jerm9697 on 06/06/13 22:09 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car no serious trouble. Very fun to drive and very comfortable! Only thing is that the interior seems to scratch very easily. Other than that the car is great. I would buy another bmw

Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw on 04/21/13 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago. Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability. The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer. I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it. These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders. One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years. The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.

crap
By aboyd2 on 04/18/13 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my car used. I have had it for a year in a half i have had 3,000 worth of work on it already this car is some [non-permissible content removed]. I will never buy a bmw again.

I love this car
By mak73 on 05/06/12 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is amazing, Ive only had one problem and it was covered under warranty. Every time i get in the car and touch the gas, it makes me giddy. It is a blast to drive, its fast the turbos have very little lag, there is very little drag, the car pulls well around turn, and in sport mode it is very responsive.

I have owned 2 335i sedans
By funnn25 on 04/21/12 01:26 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun and fast. However, water pump failed at 84kmi $1033 to fix. Thermostat broke at 80k $500 to fix. Door locks fixed under warranty. Turbo wastegates fixed under warranty. Camshaft sensor replaced $330 at dealership. Fuel pump defective and replaced at no charge due to recall. Tires can't be rotated with sport pkg so need new tires frequently. Michelin sport tires are the best tires, a little more expensive but worth it. Cupholder broken still havent fixed. Replace spark plugs every 45k mi and oil changes $150 every 15k miles.

Dissapointing.
By ratafan1 on 03/13/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Honestly I had VW all my life and they were great cars to me despite what most people told me about them, I went ahead and got myself the 2007 BMW 328i manual transmission, ok my concern with this car is mostly the interior of the car, all the plastic parts inside the vehicle are melting away, the car is only 5 years old always kept in a garage. I wouldnt expect this from a KIA, so if this is called the ultimate driving machine.... thank you but NO thank you. after calling BMW of America and going to dealers and stuff, nothing they can do to fix it, I guess thats how they appreciate their customers who pay good money for poor quality.

great car!!!
By socalarlen on 02/26/11 03:09 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine SPO a year ago and it is still under warranty. I understand the big gripe on BMWs is cost of maintenance as they age. Since mine is newer and I haven't owned if for long, I can't comment on that. However, I read below that the sunroof makes noise? No such thing. The car is a joy to drive, it is relatively economical, it works well on regular 87 fuel, workmanship and materials are great quality, it hugs the road and loves to fly, and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. I'm not a big guy (5'8") so it is roomy enough for me. If you're big, you may want to opt for 5-series. I've driven it at just over 110 mph going from San Diego to Vegas and it sticks to the road like glue.

I Love this Car...
By stsraz on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently upgraded from a '97 Saturn SL2 to a '07 328xi AWD and I have to say that I LOVE this car. This car was obviously designed for people who LOVE to drive. From the drivers seat, everything is easily accessible. The ride is a tad rougher than on other luxury models I've ridden in, but it only enhances your connection to the experience. This is also a very mean car, from the aggressive lines, to the growl of the inline 6. If you're looking for a daily driver that requires minimal effort and a smooth ride to get point a to point b, I'd look elsewhere. But if you love to drive and want to feel in tune with the car and the road every time you sit down, this is the car for you.

This is What a Sports Car Should be!
By buckeyede06 on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is a very sporty handling car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury auto. It hugs turns and accelerates pretty quickly for a 230 HP vehicle. The suspension makes it a very smooth ride and the exterior is beautiful. It has curved and sharp edges giving it a very sporty look. The interior is sleek and modern and uncluttered. It gets decent gas mileage and is easy to take care of with the right warranty. I have a CPO and it hasnt cost me a dime yet in maintenance. I know everyone loves these cars, but I think the biggest example of its quality is that I will only buy BMWs after owning this machine! Joy is a BMW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.