Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2007 328xi (automatic)
By Troy Perry

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought as CPO with 29k miles. Live in Vermont - snow/ice normal here. Now has 97k miles. Haven't fixed anything!! Regular dealer service (oil, inspections). Changed spark plugs at 95k. Best car with AWD I have ever driven - sooo safe! Fast, great breaking, superb handling. I'd recommend buying on of these new, or CPO with 30k or less miles.

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound during hard acceleration, HANDLING, speaker package (2 subs under seats), blinker one touch feature, seat adjustment (both front seats) - I'm tall, wife is short - fits both of use perfectly. Electronic monitors very good. Look for car externally - beautiful car! Interior sleek, leather and wood mix well matched - quality.

Suggested Improvements

Tech! Needs bluetooth audio streaming, and better on-dash phone controls. Existing system work ok, but programming names into bluetooth difficult. Get rid of runflats! Way to expensive - have Toyo Proxes4plus on the car now - performance and snow safety easily as good/better than runflats. Put oil dipstick under the hood (what if elec. monitor fails?).

Plastic engine parts - really?
By maxradin

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just spent a bundle fixing an oil leak caused by a PLASTIC valve cover that cracked. This is apparently common for these models after 60K. Mine had 76K and was regularly serviced at the dealer. In my case, oil leaked onto the ignition coils, causing the engine to misfire. Unbelievable that the 'ultimate driving machine' uses plastic on a part that is subject to such heat.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability - stop using plastic engine parts.

BMW Gone down hill :(
By lcosta2

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd bmw 97"328 and a 99"m3 and previous 07" 328xi 6sp got it from bmw dealership with 67k one owner , changed the oil every 5k baby the car that's just how i m. Car was great until it hit 80k first the electric water pump $1300 and got me and my 2year old on the side of the freeway very dangerous on my opinion' called bmw they tell me its a common thing ok... a month later the low warning oil light comes on " head gasket cover leaking oil $1100 call bmw reply again its a common thing 2 weeks later the tesion pully $400" shocks $700 bmw again its a common thing. . Seriuos if its a common thing shouldn't it be recalls.. ps also this parts should not be regular maintenance parts .

Favorite Features

None sorry...

Suggested Improvements

Lots better ride ... no plastic pully tesion. ..No electric water pump..better on gas ...more reliable and please a temp gouge ....

Fun to drive!
By jerm9697

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car no serious trouble. Very fun to drive and very comfortable! Only thing is that the interior seems to scratch very easily. Other than that the car is great. I would buy another bmw

Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago. Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability. The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer. I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it. These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders. One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years. The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.

Favorite Features

The "Driving Experience". Looks. The way the car holds the line. Perfectly balanced, leather interior is great gauges are simple, professional radio is adequate.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic tranny is confused, given the chance I would have bought a manual rear wheel drive. No run flats and a spare would be something I would personally prefer.