2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius on 07/09/13 07:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because it is a performance car and what do you expect when you buy a used Beamer? want to look inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1 on 06/30/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc on 06/24/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

Excellent choice, but a few chinks in the armor...
By yankeejb1 on 09/24/12 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely gorgeous car, BMW really outdid themselves on the styling. Power is outstanding, feels far faster then the 300 hp rating would suggest, but the off-the-line throttle response could be more linear and not so "right now". The seatbelt assisting device is a nice idea but most of the time the seatbelt slips off the device and I have to reach back for the belt anyway. The retracting cupholders are straight out of 1990 and are extremely flimsy. I-Drive isn't so bad once you get used to it. Adaptive cruise control went out and transmission developed a leak at 40K but thankfully both were covered under warranty. Had the car for 6 months and am still discovering new gadgets and features!

335i + JB4=Super Car
By m3isme on 09/01/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had an 06 550i and after reading the reviews, I went ahead and got a black/black with 6 speed. Had her for a month. RFTs are abysmal, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wow what a difference. Quieter and grip feels like it's doubled. Also installed a JB4 module. She now has an extra 100 hp and 100lbs of torque at the crank. M3 fast and gas mileage is wayyyy better city driving (19 vs 12). Seats are comfortable, miss the 20 way power seats of the 5 though. Used to the Idrive (use voice). Sound system is ok. I'm dreading the unnecessary trips to the dealer, but for 28k plus an extra 1600 in upgrades I gotta car that is stupid fast, fuel efficient, luxurious, and inconspicous.

335I IS A VERY NICE PERFORMANCE CAR.
By yelis on 05/09/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Its a true ultimate driving machine, and you MUST have one to understand this. I had Nissan Maxima (2), 08 Audi A4, E46 BMW M3, and now have 06 S2000. My 07 335i was great ! Engine is not as nice as in M3, but still very good. Reliability-wise....I only had to replace turbos under warranty....but then I only had the car from 32k to 47k. Its a shame that reliability is always a problem with German cars, thats why smart people get CPO warranty and stupid people pay CASH for service. GET CPO !!! AND ENJOY THE CAR !!! (thats if buying used)

Good Car but Beware of Software Updates!
By LV on 09/03/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Generally, the 335i is a great car. The coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road today. The vehicle is balanced, powerful and a joy to drive. A 6SP manual transmission will connect you to the road and provide nearly 30 mpg on the freeway.

Becoming harder to love
By DarkKnight335 on 08/04/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fully loaded, w/manual trans. Very fun to drive, nice features, looks great. My main complaint I have is about the tires. Had to replace all 4 tires within a year because of bubbles on the sidewall. At $400+ a pop, this is very expensive. Plus, the summer run flat tires are no good in the winter (they don't make all season run flats yet as I soon learned). Also had a couple of cracked rims, which was easily fixed, but still very annoying. I swapped for regular all season tires and bought a spare tire kit. The car handles so much better and is even smoother. However, wasn't able to avoid another cracked rim :/ if you don't live in a town with well paved roads, beware of this vehicle!

Lack of quality
By cw on 07/16/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought and sold my last BMW! Purchased a 2007 335i in May 2007 and have been disappointed ever since! The following problems ensued: transmission failure, large amounts of brake noise, fuel pump failure, and fuel injector failure. All were fixed under warranty but who has the time to continually go back to the dealership! Run flats are a joke! Very expensive, don't last long and are hard to find. Sold my car last week and purchased a Lexus!

Play hard, pay hard!
By Darkknight335 on 05/21/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun, good looking car to drive. The acceleration is amazing and effortless. Very quiet cabin and poised until you're surprised by a bump. This car is very customizable to your preferences. Having the comfort access gives this car an extra lux quality. However, all the technology makes me afraid that it's going to be an expensive car to maintain in the long run. The seatbelt assist arm has acted up a few times already. City gas mileage is horrible, but highway is better than my last car (avg 17/27). At the end, I'm glad I bought this car. The best car I've ever owned by far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.