Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

My only spoiled child treated me like a bad parent
By Marlene M

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered a 2007 BMW 328i coupe in 9/06. I did the BMW destination pickup in NC. Went through a 3.5 hour delivery and 4 hours of BMW driving school learning all features. ABS, traction control, etc. I know my car inside out. I ordered the 328i over the 335i because, I wanted to put the extra money into the inside. Believe me the 328i is fast enough unless you are going to race on a track. I put $11,900 of packages and options on this car because, I wanted to keep it forever. I love my car I even put Active Steering which makes it a baby 6 series. It is Space Grey with Red interior. I wanted heated seats and being from the south that was not an option unless you were in the northern region at the time. They got it for me. I wrote a check with taxes and fees for $49,451. I have changed the oil every 6K miles instead of 15K as suggested. I have 71,181 miles which is an average little over $8000 miles a year since I took delivery in 11/06. This car stayed in the shop with electrical issues for the first 2 years. I drove their loner cars more than I drove my car. I ran out of time on my warranty before miles so, I bought their expensive extended warranty and used it twice. I think I was about 1K up on that $3200 and ran out of time before miles again. Please do not let your battery go dead. No one told me that. Then modules go out and it cost me over $1500 for a battery and the modules that blew. Let me say this that I have a good aftermarket BMW repair shop that I found that is honest and is about two thirds or less of the BMW dealership cost after my warrant was gone. Once your battery goes dead you get a steering wheel lock. It will count down how many times you can start the engine then you are locked out of starting your car. BMW will not let the dealership reset this error but, you have to get the steering column replaced. Thank GOD again I found a good honest aftermarket repair shop. This car is a money pit. There is something every other month now. I could be paying payments on an S Class Mercedes for the repairs now. I went to trade it in on an Infiniti which, the same dealership has a BMW dealership and got an estimate of $5,500 trade. I told them I would burn it in front of the BMW dealership before I would take that for it. The Louis Vuitton purse I had on my arm cost more than that at the time. It makes me sick that I have treated this car like a only child and been treated like a bad parent. The only thing I can say so far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with the engine and it will run like a scaled dog. Yes, I have had it around 140 on the interstate. In sport mode it will out run cars that it would surprise you. My poor child will have to go to some bone yard somewhere. I just refuse to pay payments on a car paid for in full. Everything that goes wrong should be a recall on MOST BMWs. What happen to them. I thought it was the Ultimate Driving Machine. I guess it is as long as it is running! Should I had bought that Mercedes CLK coupe instead? I also will never buy the first new module year car coming out. You have to let them get the bugs out the first year.

An average in its class
By bokalbs

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned it for 4 yrs now. Nice looking exterior. Agile but not as fast. I have to change 2 run flat tires in the first year. The plastic coating on the steering wheel spokes and on the driver's side door handle started chipping off in a year; dealer rep said it is normal wear and tear. (on the 1st yr?) Brake lamps always malfunctioning. Minor negatives that you don't expect in a 40k+ small car.

I've fallen in love with my BMW.
By petrolheaded

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The steering is perfectly weighted.
It is simply sublime to drive around any sort of bend.
The car is reasonably powerful.
More power from a 335i or an M3 is almost completely useless unless one plans on breaking the law on a consistent basis.
The gas mileage can be quite reasonable if the car is driven with care (which is difficult to do because it's just so much fun).
Lateral stability at high speed is incredible.
The suspension is stiff yet forgiving.
The "fit and finish"
of the interior is astounding.
I've put 10,000 miles on the car (starting from 27,000) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Buy this car.

The coupe, especially from the rear, is quite aesthetically pleasing. The quality of the interior is of reference quality. The headlights are wonderfully bright (bi-xenon). The driving dynamics are perfect in all areas. Gas mileage is good. The sport mode makes the car noticeably quicker. Reliability, so far, has been spotless. The standard stereo is surprisingly nice, and I am quite picky about audio quality. It seems as if every part of the car, from the bluetooth, to the stereo, to the engine, to the suspension, to the interior, seems as though someone took quite a lot of care in seeing that everything was perfect or nearly perfect. Best in its class, bar none.

If it's possible, make the suspension a bit softer without sacrificing performance in the corners. Improve the styling of the car from the side views (it's just a bit bland, not poor in any way). Make the shifts in manual mode (I have the automatic, despite what the review says) a bit quicker. Maybe they could offer a transmission with faster gearshift times for a higher price? The electric motors that operate the seats could be a bit more powerful i.e. just move a bit faster, but this is nit-picking. For the most part the car is pleasing to drive, look at, and own in every conceivable way.

Great car
By manos

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very sleek car- very fun to drive. Beautiful interior and exterior - great engine. There's room for improvement with regards to its fuel consumption since i drive quite conservatively. One issue is that the gears are a little sticky. Sometimes I encounter resistance when putting it into R or 1st gear.

interior

gears, fuel consumption

I would buy another one
By Mike in Rosenberg,TX

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned this car for almost 3 yrs. I love the way the car drives and the speed/acceleration. It drives best in the sports mode - giving you plenty of torque to accelerate. I have driven it regularly over 80 miles per hour and rides great. 24 miles per gallon has been my mileage. I love the blue tooth. Speakers could be better so upgrade. Leather seats have worn and need warranty work as other have mentioned. I have had no problems with the car. Service is great at the dealer. Run flats I still am undecided. I have had a nail in three of them and when I went to dealer they wanted to replace tires at almost 300 each. I just had a tire repair shop plug each tire for 5 bucks each.

bluetooth, torque, handling, speed, fun to drive, looks/style.

better sound system, leather seat quality, run flats could be quieter as they get higher in miles