Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because it is a performance car and what do you expect when you buy a used Beamer? want to look inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

Favorite Features

TWIN-TURBO

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Favorite Features

Performance (when it ran properly) was outstanding, certainly no complaints there. Decent gas mileage too, considering the performance. The car is definitely a looker, one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Sound system was one of the best I've ever heard. It's just too bad BMW shot these cars in the foot with their Yugo-like reliability...

Suggested Improvements

Not much else to say, really. If you're considering one of these, consider yourself warned before you succumb. I had high hopes for this car and really wanted to like it, but with all the issues it had and BMW's seeming indifference to just about everything, I ended up selling it at a loss. Maybe the new 4-series will be better than this 3-series generation, but at this point I honestly couldn't care less - I'm done with BMW - permanently.

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

Suggested Improvements

Always have a warranty and towing coverage

Excellent choice, but a few chinks in the armor...
By yankeejb1

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely gorgeous car, BMW really outdid themselves on the styling. Power is outstanding, feels far faster then the 300 hp rating would suggest, but the off-the-line throttle response could be more linear and not so "right now". The seatbelt assisting device is a nice idea but most of the time the seatbelt slips off the device and I have to reach back for the belt anyway. The retracting cupholders are straight out of 1990 and are extremely flimsy. I-Drive isn't so bad once you get used to it. Adaptive cruise control went out and transmission developed a leak at 40K but thankfully both were covered under warranty. Had the car for 6 months and am still discovering new gadgets and features!

Favorite Features

Best part is that twin-turbo I-6 engine. 0-60 in under 5 seconds, sounds great in the process and the transmission upshifts with military precision. It'll still push you back in the seat when you boot the throttle at 110, or so I've read... (wink wink). The whole drivetrain is as smooth as Jack Daniels and actually achieves very decent gas mileage considering the available power. One of the best looking BMWs ever, they're gonna have a tough time topping this one when the new 3-series coupe bodystyle is redesigned for '14.

Suggested Improvements

Parts and service are very expensive, might want to consider an extended warranty and/or have it thoroughly checked out by a certified mechanic if you succumb. Paint shouldn't be peeling off the steering wheel spokes after only a few years (or ever, actually), and cupholders shouldn't feel so fragile that you're scared to use them. Starting the car shouldn't be a 3-step process (place "key" in slot, push "start" button and apply brakes). Oh, and make the inside rear view mirror as part of the "memory" process. The ability to run on 87 octane gas would be nice too instead of having to use the more expensive 91-93 octane.

335i + JB4=Super Car
By m3isme

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had an 06 550i and after reading the reviews, I went ahead and got a black/black with 6 speed. Had her for a month. RFTs are abysmal, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wow what a difference. Quieter and grip feels like it's doubled. Also installed a JB4 module. She now has an extra 100 hp and 100lbs of torque at the crank. M3 fast and gas mileage is wayyyy better city driving (19 vs 12). Seats are comfortable, miss the 20 way power seats of the 5 though. Used to the Idrive (use voice). Sound system is ok. I'm dreading the unnecessary trips to the dealer, but for 28k plus an extra 1600 in upgrades I gotta car that is stupid fast, fuel efficient, luxurious, and inconspicous.

Favorite Features

Manual tran, gas mileage, JB4 upgrade, interior qualtiy, comfort access.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the RFTS, 20 way power seats, upgrade the sound system (Audi's Bang & Olufsen is unbeliveable). Crossing fingers I do not end up at the dealership unexpectedly.