2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Love this car!
By Rcolley

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months I traded my 2006 BMW 325i (rear wheel drive). I felt the need for all wheel drive, considering the fact that N.Y.C sometimes have unexpected snow storms. My wife and I decided to get the 2007 328xi coupe w/nav in Monaco blue w/beige leather interior. We just loved how beautiful this car looked and it was very comfortable with the sport seats. Surprisingly not a significant difference in power from the 325i 215 hp to 328xi 230 hp nevertheless we love it.

Favorite Features

I drive, sport seats and wheels, exterior design, interior design, lights, and ds mode

Suggested Improvements

ditch the run flats.

What a great car
By mike si ny

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For my first luxury car this was a great car to pick it packs a lot in for such a low cpo price with worry free warranty and still free maintenance for another year and a half. The car rides like a dream and with all the options you really can never be disappointed. Love the handling and control it gives at high speed is phenomenal. Love the awd system and the pickup great. Switching from sport and comfort modes makes you feel like you are driving 2 completely different cars. This is the first car I have ever bought that I haven't felt I wish I had gotten this or that. Well to be perfectly honest I do say I wish I have gotten the 335 the power is addicting.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth the very accurate navigation speed sensitive steering and awd system

Suggested Improvements

a/c seats no run flat tires and a sport and comfort adjustable suspension

great car
By mikeny

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car. Super smooth on NY roads when compared to my old 2003 Nissan maxima. Great curb appeal in and out. Plenty of options to choose from. Really a drivers car. Love the idrive system

Favorite Features

sport mode transmission really gives you a little extra when you crave more power

Suggested Improvements

ditch the run flat tires and include spares

Consider Others
By 2007xicoupe

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After actually ordering a car for the first time I was very excited to own the "ultimate driving machine". However it became the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE. The tapping noise the engine made should never happen on a premium car like this. It became a battle to have BMW admit to it and have it fixed. They are well aware of the problem yet still sell new cars with this defect. My car was damaged at the dealer trying to have this repair done and this was a result of BMW not standing behind their product. These cars are overpriced and overrated.

Favorite Features

Handling, Looks

Suggested Improvements

BMW should have these engines repaired before being sold to the consumer. Overpriced.

328xi, Premium, Cold Wthr packages
By DrB

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW, had owned Mazdaspeed6, Infiniti G20. Very handsome car inside and out, premium materials inside. Loved it - until driving over NJ potholes. On 3 separate occasions, I hit a modest (not gigantic) pothole, and my can of soda went flying out of the holder, hit the ceiling, then fell to the floor spilling on the carpet. Incredibly frustrating, ride is way too stiff! During service at BMW dealer, I mentioned this to the manager. He told me it was a very common complaint with the new generation coupe. This was originally a $46k car, which I got for a steal at $32k with 18k miles. Despite my great deal, I sold the car after 4 months of ownership, I couldn't drive it on NJ roads

Favorite Features

Styling, panache, solid construction

Suggested Improvements

Ride on the coupe is way way too stiff regarding potholes, and this is not an issue on the comparable sedan model. Why is that? Tune the coupe suspension better!

Disappointing Ownership Experience
By frtlinr

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our fourth new BMW in the last three years. There have been several things that have made us glad that our time with this car is coming to an end. It is a stunningly beautiful car, but that hasn't overcome the transmission that doesn't shift properly, or the run flat tires that have to be replaced every 12,000 to 15,000 miles due to excessive noise, or the unexplained occasional electronic gremlins that show up and can't be diagnosed.

Favorite Features

Beautiful, both on the outside and inside. Great fuel mileage. Handles wet roads masterfully.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the run flat tires (at least make standard tires available). Improve the upshift and downshift points to make them more tolerable in the steptronic transmission. My dealer keeps telling me that there is no software update available to improve the problem with the transmission in our car.

A Living Dream
By eladou

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased my 328xi coupe about 20 months ago. I have not had a single regret. Awesome driving, comfort, power, styling, and not too bad fuel economy for the rewarding performance. I calculated my fuel consumption and it was 22 mpg combined. my commute includes highway and inner city driving and I like to use the SD and M modes a lot too. The more power of the 335 would probably be even more fun, but for a first time BMW owner, I am more than happy. But what I was truly impressed by is the 4-wheel drive on the snow. I live in Ohio and my 328 had no trouble cruising on snow when other "larger" 4X4s were slipping and skidding beside me! Note: get the 4-season tires, not the Performance tires.

Favorite Features

The typical BMW engine roar at higher rpms is ecstatic and beyond description. excellent on snow.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel efficiency is always a winner in these days. decrease the costs of options.

2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
By LT

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered the car 18 months ago with Automatic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation and Parking Assist. It's worth every dime. It looks great, handles like a dream, and has top notch build-quality (very German). Though it is not anywhere near the top in term of horsepower count, power delivery is excellent, making highway passing and merging very easy. Fuel economy is surprisingly good for a car that offers such performance. Unlike many other V6s, real life MPG is pretty close to what is shown on the sticker. The free maintenance program is another nice touch.

Favorite Features

Style, build quality, iDrive.

Suggested Improvements

The iDrive can respond faster. The seat belt arm is a nice feature, but can be annoying at times.

My Dream Car
By Rain

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a performance driven customer and it's the best performing vehicle I've ever driven. Which is not saying much for a former Integra and Civic Si owner, but I enjoy every minute of every drive, especially spirited driving. I have had the car for a little over a year (9K) and have had an oil sensor glitch and a rear lamp failure, which was covered by the warranty. BMW touts free 4-year maintenance, which says an oil change every 15K, that seems crazy to me, so I recommend servicing the car at least once between the free ones. The AWD felt very stable in the typically mild north VA snowstorms.

Favorite Features

Navigation with real-time traffic. AWD. Bluetooth. BMW-Assist.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive for MP3 CD playback could use more options. Voice commands are hit or miss. Navigation is missing a lot features available on portable GPS units. I hope BMW has the ability to upgrade the software.

Glad I waited
By JohnM

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a long time for just the right BMW, AWD 6-speed manual stylish coupe, and couldn't be happier. A perfect daily driver for my needs. Always fun. Superb on two long highway trips so far. Great combination of exhilarating when pushed and serene when cruising. Unbelievable cornering forces generated even with the lowly Conti all-season run-flats. Completely predictable handling always. Firm ride is OK but big bumps cause a resounding whack when suspension bottoms - avoid potholes. Upgrade sound system is worth it - best I have heard. Bluetooth works great. Very little wind noise or buffeting with sunroof and windows open. Beautiful engine. Notchy shifter improving a bit with break-in.

Favorite Features

Suspension - typical BMW - world-class ride/hanling compromise. Sound system - great and distortion-free at high volumes with all types of music.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release button is far down under dash on driver side. Homelink will not work unless engine is started. Voice commands on Bluetooth are picky and Teutonic male voice is hilariously stern.