2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
An average in its class
By bokalbs on 11/15/11 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned it for 4 yrs now. Nice looking exterior. Agile but not as fast. I have to change 2 run flat tires in the first year. The plastic coating on the steering wheel spokes and on the driver's side door handle started chipping off in a year; dealer rep said it is normal wear and tear. (on the 1st yr?) Brake lamps always malfunctioning. Minor negatives that you don't expect in a 40k+ small car.

I've fallen in love with my BMW.
By petrolheaded on 04/30/11 02:20 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The steering is perfectly weighted. It is simply sublime to drive around any sort of bend. The car is reasonably powerful. More power from a 335i or an M3 is almost completely useless unless one plans on breaking the law on a consistent basis. The gas mileage can be quite reasonable if the car is driven with care (which is difficult to do because it's just so much fun). Lateral stability at high speed is incredible. The suspension is stiff yet forgiving. The "fit and finish" of the interior is astounding. I've put 10,000 miles on the car (starting from 27,000) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Buy this car.

Great car
By manos on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very sleek car- very fun to drive. Beautiful interior and exterior - great engine. There's room for improvement with regards to its fuel consumption since i drive quite conservatively. One issue is that the gears are a little sticky. Sometimes I encounter resistance when putting it into R or 1st gear.

I would buy another one
By Mike in Rosenberg,TX on 02/15/10 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned this car for almost 3 yrs. I love the way the car drives and the speed/acceleration. It drives best in the sports mode - giving you plenty of torque to accelerate. I have driven it regularly over 80 miles per hour and rides great. 24 miles per gallon has been my mileage. I love the blue tooth. Speakers could be better so upgrade. Leather seats have worn and need warranty work as other have mentioned. I have had no problems with the car. Service is great at the dealer. Run flats I still am undecided. I have had a nail in three of them and when I went to dealer they wanted to replace tires at almost 300 each. I just had a tire repair shop plug each tire for 5 bucks each.

Very pleased overall
By CAC on 12/05/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The overall styling is very advanced. My 328 has the Sport Package which makes for a firm ride, but the road grip is unbelievable. The car seems to be held back at highway speeds and feels more at home the faster you go, but never edgy. Brakes are superb. The 6-speed manual feels solid, although I wish 1st gear would extend a bit further...it seems to wind out fairly quickly. Adaptive xenon lights are way cool and seem 100% brighter than any other car's lights. Interior is comfortable, but quite snug, so forget it if you're a little on the heavy side. The leatherette seats are easy to maintain and of exceptional quality. The seat belt arm that extends the front seat belt is a little gimmicky.

I miss my car
By Jamie K on 02/15/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly, I had to get rid of my new coupe when I moved to Manhattan. This was my second newly leased 3 Series, and I loved it. The interior just improved on its predecessor, but perhaps the drive of the car was a slightly looser, lower and heavier than my 2003 sedan. But so much fun, I had a 6-speed manual, and just loved pushing this car. The interior defined luxury for me. I understand "editor’s obsessions” with buttons, but the eccentric, simplistic design of this car is one of its best assets. That and rear-wheel drive, and of course, everything always worked.

Total Exhilaration!
By Kathryn on 06/16/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband wanted a BMW for a long time. I wasn't as convinced what all the fuss was about... but now he can't get behind the wheel. I love my Monaco Blue Coupe! When I put it in sport drive, I just feel exhilaration! Looks very sporty and edgy! Just love it!

Beautiful design
By JT on 03/19/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first is a 750I. My wife wanted something sporty and the 328i Coupe fits the bill. The design is a work of art, add in the performance and this car is a masterpiece. It feels, looks, and drives great!

I love this car!
By dstrobelt on 03/11/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with this car from the first online announcement, designed to suit with every available option and upgrade; waited 4 months for delivery! Worth the wait, handles marvelously, turns on a dime, corners on wet pavement effortlessly, incredible front passenger sporty comfort, spunky acceleration (but I do feel some turbo lag).

A year of driving my 2007 328i Coupe
By mrpaul on 11/01/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is stunningly beautiful. Power of the 3.0 liter rivals a V-8. Fuel economy surprised me, 25 in town and 32 on the highway. No negatives after a year of driving. It handles so great on the road. No body sway at all on sharp turns. Handling is a dream.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.