2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius on 07/09/13 07:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because it is a performance car and what do you expect when you buy a used Beamer? want to look inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1 on 06/30/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc on 06/24/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

Excellent choice, but a few chinks in the armor...
By yankeejb1 on 09/24/12 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely gorgeous car, BMW really outdid themselves on the styling. Power is outstanding, feels far faster then the 300 hp rating would suggest, but the off-the-line throttle response could be more linear and not so "right now". The seatbelt assisting device is a nice idea but most of the time the seatbelt slips off the device and I have to reach back for the belt anyway. The retracting cupholders are straight out of 1990 and are extremely flimsy. I-Drive isn't so bad once you get used to it. Adaptive cruise control went out and transmission developed a leak at 40K but thankfully both were covered under warranty. Had the car for 6 months and am still discovering new gadgets and features!

An average in its class
By bokalbs on 11/15/11 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned it for 4 yrs now. Nice looking exterior. Agile but not as fast. I have to change 2 run flat tires in the first year. The plastic coating on the steering wheel spokes and on the driver's side door handle started chipping off in a year; dealer rep said it is normal wear and tear. (on the 1st yr?) Brake lamps always malfunctioning. Minor negatives that you don't expect in a 40k+ small car.

335i + JB4=Super Car
By m3isme on 09/01/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had an 06 550i and after reading the reviews, I went ahead and got a black/black with 6 speed. Had her for a month. RFTs are abysmal, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wow what a difference. Quieter and grip feels like it's doubled. Also installed a JB4 module. She now has an extra 100 hp and 100lbs of torque at the crank. M3 fast and gas mileage is wayyyy better city driving (19 vs 12). Seats are comfortable, miss the 20 way power seats of the 5 though. Used to the Idrive (use voice). Sound system is ok. I'm dreading the unnecessary trips to the dealer, but for 28k plus an extra 1600 in upgrades I gotta car that is stupid fast, fuel efficient, luxurious, and inconspicous.

335I IS A VERY NICE PERFORMANCE CAR.
By yelis on 05/09/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Its a true ultimate driving machine, and you MUST have one to understand this. I had Nissan Maxima (2), 08 Audi A4, E46 BMW M3, and now have 06 S2000. My 07 335i was great ! Engine is not as nice as in M3, but still very good. Reliability-wise....I only had to replace turbos under warranty....but then I only had the car from 32k to 47k. Its a shame that reliability is always a problem with German cars, thats why smart people get CPO warranty and stupid people pay CASH for service. GET CPO !!! AND ENJOY THE CAR !!! (thats if buying used)

I've fallen in love with my BMW.
By petrolheaded on 04/30/11 02:20 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The steering is perfectly weighted. It is simply sublime to drive around any sort of bend. The car is reasonably powerful. More power from a 335i or an M3 is almost completely useless unless one plans on breaking the law on a consistent basis. The gas mileage can be quite reasonable if the car is driven with care (which is difficult to do because it's just so much fun). Lateral stability at high speed is incredible. The suspension is stiff yet forgiving. The "fit and finish" of the interior is astounding. I've put 10,000 miles on the car (starting from 27,000) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Buy this car.

Great car
By manos on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very sleek car- very fun to drive. Beautiful interior and exterior - great engine. There's room for improvement with regards to its fuel consumption since i drive quite conservatively. One issue is that the gears are a little sticky. Sometimes I encounter resistance when putting it into R or 1st gear.

Love this car!
By Rcolley on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months I traded my 2006 BMW 325i (rear wheel drive). I felt the need for all wheel drive, considering the fact that N.Y.C sometimes have unexpected snow storms. My wife and I decided to get the 2007 328xi coupe w/nav in Monaco blue w/beige leather interior. We just loved how beautiful this car looked and it was very comfortable with the sport seats. Surprisingly not a significant difference in power from the 325i 215 hp to 328xi 230 hp nevertheless we love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.