2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun to Drive & Look @
By 2097400128 on 05/17/12 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great fun car to drive, looks great, but everytime i go to the dealership, they find something that is not under the certified pre owned warranty, and had the car 2 1/2 yrs, replaced run flats 3 times, very expensive tires, 0 miles warranty, finally last time i just went and bought 2 michellin tires for the back which were same as 1 run flat, and had 45k warranty on the full replacement, not pro rated, full free replacement, only thing i am affraid off is that i have no room for a spare in the trunk, so if i get a flat i have to get the car towed, guess i will just buy a tire inflator pump for the road, and get it towed at Bmw roadside expense if i get a flat.

Great Sports Car Alternative
By Steve on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven this car for 2 years and have nothing but accolades for it. the 335i is a fantastic looking car with compliments galore. Having owned a Honda s2000 sports car, I know the difference between a blue blood and a true blood. What the 335i offers is power with flat-out speed and agility to make the quick dodge or turn if you need it. The comfort for two is plush with every convenience. This is a car you drive cross-country to an art show in SF and feel you are a part of the rich and famous. Of course, with a new $ tag of close to $70k with all the do- dads, you are. However, it is not a ultra nimble S2000, so sticking to a super tight turn with the peddle to the metal is not advised.

Hard to beat a Bimmer
By Mr. Bill on 06/26/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Now four months into the ownership experience and really happy with this vehicle. Superb power. Drop dead gorgeous looks. Nothing handles better. Bought used and saved big bucks.

Great Fun, but...
By Luckyme on 05/22/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i Convertible is a great year round car. Hardtop is splendid, and top down is, well an ideal convertible experience. Performance with the 300HP Twin Turbo is seamless and strong. Nice exhaust note. Would not recommend the Sport Package. Tires are different sized front to rear and terrible runflats (Bridgestones). They were OK until about 7000 miles and then feathered, cupped and droned all the time. Awful experience, dealer and BMW were not helpful. Beware, these tires on Sport Package cannot be rotated and the Run Flats ruined my BMW experience. Never again. Otherwise, car is great, but tires are so important as that is your contact with the road. Shame on BMW for using that tire.

Ultimate Tanning Machine
By William on 03/21/09 04:02 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car 10 days ago and chose it over a 2006 Corvette LT3 convertible. Styling is conservatively aggressive and should be appealing for a long time. Engine is really strong and I'm enjoying using the paddle shifters. Highest quality interior of any 3 I've ever had and this is my fifth one. More technology in this car than I will ever use, but it's fun to have it. Hard to believe but this car listed for over $60K and I got it for approximately two-thirds of that. My first service experience was pleasant and I'm a big fan of BMW's comprehensive service for the first four years or 50,000 miles.

Fun car but below average
By quidycat on 03/03/08 17:51 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car in 5/07. The hardtop has been fixed once. The seatbelt metal clip put a few dents and scratches on the inside of driver's door. Driver seat is uncomfortable despite adjustment. Run flat tires are heavy and don't perform so well. No room for spare tire. iDrive freezes up occasionally and service dept can't duplicate it, and therefore they can't fix it. "Engine malfunction, reduced power" came on at 21000 miles in 10 months, now pending repair.

2007 335i cabriolet
By 335i Convertible on 01/19/08 07:55 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned seven BMWs over the last 30 years, beginning with a 1974 2002. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It performs just as advertized. The engine is incredible. Very smooth, powerful and fast. And the car actually gets 21 mpg around town and 29 on the highway (automatic tranny)! The front seats are comfortable, but the back is a little cramped (although not bad for a convertible). What is really amazing is how quiet the car is when the roof is up. Solid as a hard top. This is truly one of BMW's best creations and I recommend it to anyone who wants a great convertible!

A Very Satisfied Owner
By sf31 on 11/27/07 13:54 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had always wanted a true convertible and when I read about the new 335 hardtop conv and the tt engine I plunked down my money. I took ED delivery in July and we had a once in a lifetime expereince driving through the Alps and Italy. It is now home and over Thanksgiving it had its first long trip of 1,200m RT. Although it is technically a very sophisticated car, with heaps of electronic gadgetry - I have iDrive - it all works as advertised. I even lowered the top on I-95 in stopped traffic. Needless to say, it is fast and performs very well. And it is quiet cruising at 100 as if it were a coupe. Gas mileage isn't bad either, getting 23 mpg in a mix of suburban and high speed driving.

Fun, Headturning Convertible
By bmrluv on 09/04/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been an Infiniti driver for the past 5 years, G35 coupe and FX35. Whenever it's time to buy, I've considered BMW but never could get past the sticker shock and brake dust problem. It was all over with one look at the BMW 335i hardtop convertible. Then I made a bigger mistake and test drove it... wow! I had to have it. This is the most awesome ride ever! I get tons of compliments from people and opening/closing the top stops traffic! Definitely a keeper if I can get the technical issues fixed.

My Seventh Bimmer
By rsur on 06/14/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the seventh BMW I have owned, my first one being a 1974 2002. And, it is by far the best one. The build is rock solid, the fit and finish first class, and the performance outstanding. The most attractive feature of this car (aside from its hard top convertible design) is its 3 liter twin turbo engine. With 300 lb ft of torque available all the way from 1500 to above 5000 rpm, this car accelerates like a sling shot. While the driving aspects are first class, the electronics leave something to be desired. The comfort access feature is supposed to allow keyless driving, but the Bluetooth does not work properly unless the key is in the slot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.