Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Ouch Ride
By Disappointed

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had the car less than a month when I hit a pot hole on the Long Beach Freeway popping one tire and bending two rims. The ride is horrible when going over small bumps and it bottoms out on small speed bumps. I had to replace both rear tires at 20,000 miles as they were completely worn through on the inside. The dealer helped with this due to the earlier problem, but the tires should last much longer. There is no window switch in the back seat! The rear seat passengers have to ask the driver to lower or raise the window. The car is beautiful, but I'm glad I'm leasing it because it's going back at the end of the lease!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ride! I go over bumps more often than trying to corner on two wheels.

Get rid of Run Flats
By Budd

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car looks great, top up or down. It’s quiet. You can have a normal conversation even with the top down. It has a comfortable cockpit feel and is fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the Run Flat Tires. My car has the sport package with different size tires on the back. Picking up a small nail at 800 miles, I learned that BMW and Firestone would not repair it, a new tire cost $350 plus and neither had it in stock. The car does not come with a spare or a jack. If you get a flat, pray that you’re close to home because you can only drive 50 miles and then you are stuck, probably for days. I bought a spare wheel and tire. With a second flat at 4000 miles, I put regular tires on.

Favorite Features

Other small pros- 1) I recommend the ‘convenient access’ just for fun. 2) The ‘adaptive head light and the rain sensor are also fun. 3) Easy top operation with no problems so far. 4) Good highway gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

1) There’s no place big enough inside to put the Owner’s Manual. 2) If you get the Bluetooth, it only works with a handful of approved (?) phones. 3) Seat belt in rear is not centered, so putting a booster seat in is a chore. 4) A touch screen nav system would let you move the map around.

BMW
By Gabriele Moison

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this beauty and love the car. The only problem we have is that the convertible top is not working like it suppose to. It has been in the shop 4 times since we purchased the vehicle. The first time it was a computer chip where they literally had to take out the back seat. Then it was another computer glitch and now the top when it is closed makes noises. The runflats I am not impressed, the ride is rough when you hit a bump and then the tire light comes on. Other then that we love the car.

Favorite Features

It is definitely a head turner We love the navigation system, all though it is not as good as our Garmin in the other car. The Sirius radio and the SOS button.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a spare in the car!

This Convertible is Fun to Drive
By sunny21

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The look of this vehicle is one of the best. Definitely a head turner. I had a problem with the top; minor issue. I also got a flat tire on those less than par run-flat tires. Luckily I had purchased the warranty so I was reimbursed for the high price tag. Not sure impractical in AZ. All in all great car!!

Favorite Features

Convertible top

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder in awkward location.

What a car
By Bob

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that turns heads the way this one does. Put the top up or down at a stop light and watch the looks. I have even heard "I gotta get me one of those". This is still a new car and only has a few thousand miles on it so far. To say that it is fun to drive is an understatement. This was a gift for my wife and it was a home run. We have the atlantic blue, a new color with the cream interior... stunning. The only problems I have had so far were self induced, but after reading the manual all were solved. I must have a Wednesday car because the workmanship is outstanding. Unbelieveably quiet with the hard top up. Great car.

Favorite Features

Top, color, handling, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Put a spare in the car.