Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I love this car
By mak73

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is amazing, Ive only had one problem and it was covered under warranty. Every time i get in the car and touch the gas, it makes me giddy. It is a blast to drive, its fast the turbos have very little lag, there is very little drag, the car pulls well around turn, and in sport mode it is very responsive.

Favorite Features

I love everything about the car

Suggested Improvements

Make the exhaust louder

I have owned 2 335i sedans
By funnn25

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun and fast. However, water pump failed at 84kmi $1033 to fix. Thermostat broke at 80k $500 to fix. Door locks fixed under warranty. Turbo wastegates fixed under warranty. Camshaft sensor replaced $330 at dealership. Fuel pump defective and replaced at no charge due to recall. Tires can't be rotated with sport pkg so need new tires frequently. Michelin sport tires are the best tires, a little more expensive but worth it. Cupholder broken still havent fixed. Replace spark plugs every 45k mi and oil changes $150 every 15k miles.

Favorite Features

fun to drive and fast just need to be willing to put up with maintenance issues.

Suggested Improvements

if you are willing to pay for maintenance issues then its a great car. i love to drive it because it's fast and handles like it's on rails

Fun to Drive
By Dan L.

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 2007 Volkswagen Passat for the 2007 335i sedan and haven't looked back! Powerful acceleration is exhilarating. Handles like a dream. Great looking car. Understated but luxurious interior. iDrive is fine once you get used to it. Decent sound system with the Logic7. Only time will tell on long term reliability, but after 3 months, no issues. When driven civilly, good gas mileage. Be careful because it's easy to get a speeding ticket.

Favorite Features

Twin turbo engine. Handling. Classy interior. Understated but aggressive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Kill the run flats and add a true spare. Less proprietary maintenance once warranty expires...cost of maintenance through BMW can be a killer.

Love my 335i
By Voogan

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 5 3 series of the previous generations which were all great cars, but the 335i is by far the most fantastic example of German engineering to date. The care is a rocket and handles anything you through at it. I abused it for two years before selling it and only had one issues which is known fuel pump issue. I have owned both Audi and Mercedes competitors at times and each of them have feel short of of BMWs product.

Favorite Features

Effortless Acceleration, Handling, Interior/Exterior Design, Headlights, and the best breaking of any car I have driven. (Except a 2010 ZR1) ;)

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioned Seats! Cheaper Comfort Access, Price tag...

My 2nd 2007 335i Sedan
By Mike

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded my 07 335 with 50k miles about a year ago for $24k, bought a M35 and hated it, then bought a Prius and loved the gas mileage but hated the build quality, so I found a deal on an 07 335i sport/premium/comfort with 63k miles, paid $20,500. the bumper has been repainted but the car feels solid, more solid than my last 335 that was a demo when I bought it. My new 335 has black leather and blue metallic paint. The steptronic/paddle shifters shift smoother than my last 335i for some reason. I love the tight feel when I steer around corners. Definitely a 4 door sports car. Although it can be tough to turn the wheel at low speeds without active steering.

Favorite Features

Quick engine, muscular exterior design, great handling, premium and sports package, steptronic transmission, comfort option

Suggested Improvements

Relocate cup holders, more interior storage, cannot see audio display with polarized sunglasses, make satellite radio standard