Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2007 328xi (automatic)
By Troy Perry

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought as CPO with 29k miles. Live in Vermont - snow/ice normal here. Now has 97k miles. Haven't fixed anything!! Regular dealer service (oil, inspections). Changed spark plugs at 95k. Best car with AWD I have ever driven - sooo safe! Fast, great breaking, superb handling. I'd recommend buying on of these new, or CPO with 30k or less miles.

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound during hard acceleration, HANDLING, speaker package (2 subs under seats), blinker one touch feature, seat adjustment (both front seats) - I'm tall, wife is short - fits both of use perfectly. Electronic monitors very good. Look for car externally - beautiful car! Interior sleek, leather and wood mix well matched - quality.

Suggested Improvements

Tech! Needs bluetooth audio streaming, and better on-dash phone controls. Existing system work ok, but programming names into bluetooth difficult. Get rid of runflats! Way to expensive - have Toyo Proxes4plus on the car now - performance and snow safety easily as good/better than runflats. Put oil dipstick under the hood (what if elec. monitor fails?).

Plastic engine parts - really?
By maxradin

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just spent a bundle fixing an oil leak caused by a PLASTIC valve cover that cracked. This is apparently common for these models after 60K. Mine had 76K and was regularly serviced at the dealer. In my case, oil leaked onto the ignition coils, causing the engine to misfire. Unbelievable that the 'ultimate driving machine' uses plastic on a part that is subject to such heat.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability - stop using plastic engine parts.

BMW Gone down hill :(
By lcosta2

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd bmw 97"328 and a 99"m3 and previous 07" 328xi 6sp got it from bmw dealership with 67k one owner , changed the oil every 5k baby the car that's just how i m. Car was great until it hit 80k first the electric water pump $1300 and got me and my 2year old on the side of the freeway very dangerous on my opinion' called bmw they tell me its a common thing ok... a month later the low warning oil light comes on " head gasket cover leaking oil $1100 call bmw reply again its a common thing 2 weeks later the tesion pully $400" shocks $700 bmw again its a common thing. . Seriuos if its a common thing shouldn't it be recalls.. ps also this parts should not be regular maintenance parts .

Favorite Features

None sorry...

Suggested Improvements

Lots better ride ... no plastic pully tesion. ..No electric water pump..better on gas ...more reliable and please a temp gouge ....

07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because it is a performance car and what do you expect when you buy a used Beamer? want to look inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

Favorite Features

TWIN-TURBO

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Favorite Features

Performance (when it ran properly) was outstanding, certainly no complaints there. Decent gas mileage too, considering the performance. The car is definitely a looker, one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Sound system was one of the best I've ever heard. It's just too bad BMW shot these cars in the foot with their Yugo-like reliability...

Suggested Improvements

Not much else to say, really. If you're considering one of these, consider yourself warned before you succumb. I had high hopes for this car and really wanted to like it, but with all the issues it had and BMW's seeming indifference to just about everything, I ended up selling it at a loss. Maybe the new 4-series will be better than this 3-series generation, but at this point I honestly couldn't care less - I'm done with BMW - permanently.