2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW Gone down hill :(
By lcosta2 on 03/06/14 05:22 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd bmw 97"328 and a 99"m3 and previous 07" 328xi 6sp got it from bmw dealership with 67k one owner , changed the oil every 5k baby the car that's just how i m. Car was great until it hit 80k first the electric water pump $1300 and got me and my 2year old on the side of the freeway very dangerous on my opinion' called bmw they tell me its a common thing ok... a month later the low warning oil light comes on " head gasket cover leaking oil $1100 call bmw reply again its a common thing 2 weeks later the tesion pully $400" shocks $700 bmw again its a common thing. . Seriuos if its a common thing shouldn't it be recalls.. ps also this parts should not be regular maintenance parts .

07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius on 07/09/13 07:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because it is a performance car and what do you expect when you buy a used Beamer? want to look inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1 on 06/30/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc on 06/24/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp on 06/21/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it. IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it. Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems: 1. Power door locks failed 2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf) 3. Electric water pump failed 4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that 5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

Fun to drive!
By jerm9697 on 06/06/13 22:09 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car no serious trouble. Very fun to drive and very comfortable! Only thing is that the interior seems to scratch very easily. Other than that the car is great. I would buy another bmw

Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw on 04/21/13 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago. Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability. The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer. I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it. These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders. One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years. The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.

crap
By aboyd2 on 04/18/13 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my car used. I have had it for a year in a half i have had 3,000 worth of work on it already this car is some [non-permissible content removed]. I will never buy a bmw again.

Excellent choice, but a few chinks in the armor...
By yankeejb1 on 09/24/12 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely gorgeous car, BMW really outdid themselves on the styling. Power is outstanding, feels far faster then the 300 hp rating would suggest, but the off-the-line throttle response could be more linear and not so "right now". The seatbelt assisting device is a nice idea but most of the time the seatbelt slips off the device and I have to reach back for the belt anyway. The retracting cupholders are straight out of 1990 and are extremely flimsy. I-Drive isn't so bad once you get used to it. Adaptive cruise control went out and transmission developed a leak at 40K but thankfully both were covered under warranty. Had the car for 6 months and am still discovering new gadgets and features!

Fun to Drive & Look @
By 2097400128 on 05/17/12 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great fun car to drive, looks great, but everytime i go to the dealership, they find something that is not under the certified pre owned warranty, and had the car 2 1/2 yrs, replaced run flats 3 times, very expensive tires, 0 miles warranty, finally last time i just went and bought 2 michellin tires for the back which were same as 1 run flat, and had 45k warranty on the full replacement, not pro rated, full free replacement, only thing i am affraid off is that i have no room for a spare in the trunk, so if i get a flat i have to get the car towed, guess i will just buy a tire inflator pump for the road, and get it towed at Bmw roadside expense if i get a flat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.