Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 335 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Dinan Tuned 335i Convertible.
By Joshua

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my red Dinan Tuned twin turbo convertible! I am the 2nd owner and bought a well maintained 335i that was maintained very well under extended warranty by the first owner. My 335i has all the factory options, plus the aftermarket upgrades like 19" BBS rims, Dinan Stage 2 engine tune and M sport package which I love.

If you research the N54 engine ('07-'10 335i models) - you'd learn that certain expensive components on most of these BMW's fail by 80k miles, so if you buy a 335i that hasn't had these faulty parts replaced, you'll spend thousands of $$ to replace each item. That includes a fuel pump, fuel injectors, water pump and twin turbos. I flew in one way to LA to pick up my BMW after evaluating Carfax report and service records that the previous owner provided and verifying that BMW dealership replaced all important parts including HPFP, all fuel injectors, both turbos, water pump, thermostat, oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, intake manifold gasket, oil cooler gasket, spark plugs, front control arm bushings, front tie rod assembly and other misc. items under the extended warranty (~$18,000) and there haven't been any problems for the last 10K miles.

Besides oil changes (I use Amsoil on all my BMWs), for the past 10 months I only had to replace valve cover gaskets. The previous owner replaced the run-flats with Michelin Super Sports - a great choice. It will be good to have a flat-repair kit and tire pump, which I haven't used yet. I recently switched to Toyo Proxes T1 Sport and like them even more than Michelins.

As other owners of 335i's have said - either buy a well maintained 335i that had the issues above addressed (with verifiable service records) or get an extended warranty - otherwise you will spend $5-7K a year to maintain this beautiful and fun ultimate driving machine. I highly recommend you request a Carfax report and verify service records before buying your BMW, and if the seller cannot afford to spend $30 on Carfax report and has no maintenance records - you are probably buying a money pit. Don't buy salvage BMW's either - most have odometer rolled back and are in poor mechanical shape. Good luck!

Expensive to Maintain
By Benson

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW performance is great and the car looks good, however, if you want to own a used BMW without warranty you will get very disappointed. I have owned different types of used cars some even older but none compares to a BMW. The maintenance of BMW is a disappointment. There is alway a service engine light on the dashboard that always requires expensive attention.

Simply the best bmw!
By Jonas Bickford

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Our 2007 BMW 328i (3.0 litre I6) is one of the best cars out there! The 3.0 litre I6 hasplenty power! The 230 horses has gotten us to 105 EASILY! The only problem we've had so far is an oil leak...that costs about 1k to fix...but its worth having the car! I'm not a huge fan of the fake wood on the dash and panels but whatever. I'm actually kind of glad we dont have iDrive because i've heard up until 2009 models, iDrive has sucked. The BMW professional sound system is great! Rear seat room is ok...front seats are comfortable enough. Luckily German cars have a lot of pop-on parts. One of the coolest features is the BMW flashlight in the glove compartment! This car is great! We bought it for 8k, but it was really priced at 14k. We bought it in December of 2015. But resale value on BMWs is horrible. This car is GREAT!

'07 335i Cabby
By Craig

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Check for recalls, I had only 1. This thing is a blast to drive, it's just as fast as an M3, and has a much smoother ride. Watch the speedo, it will easily get away from your attention span. On a recent road trip, my wife was crushing at 100mph, she was very surprised.

Best car I've owned when things didn't break
By Cj

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic car. Powerful. smooth. Expensive to repair when repairs come up. But generally awesome vehicle. Perfect size.. And handles amazingly.