2006 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Ultimate Drive

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Ultimate Drive
By ULTDRIV on

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a fully loaded 330xi with the sport package in 2006. It is a blast to drive! I've topped out at 130mph and it felt like normal highway speed...quiet and smooth. High speed turns and winding roads are a blast. This car loves to race and is extremely comfortable at all speeds. Yes, you will feel the road, that's why it's a sports car...that's why it is fun! If you want a softer ride, do not get the sport package. It is made to be driven and I hit 100mph+ whenever I can on an open stretch of highway. Four years of trouble free ownership thus far. Only problem was the electronic steering wheel lock which was fixed quickly under warranty. BMW is the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Handling...this car is made for driving fast. The interior locks you in place and is extremely comfortable on long drives. The body style has been copied by many car companies, but noone can match the solid BMW lines. Perfect ergonomic setup for driver. All features easy to use. AWD performance.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah the cupholders are silly, but if you are drinking, you are not driving and are wasting your time in a sportscar...get a minivan. The run flat tires are far and away the worst feature. BMW jumped in that market too early. I got 30K on mine, which is rare and they cost over $1200 to replace.