Stays in the shop
By gksouth on
2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I have always heard about how great a BMW car is. I bought mine about 3 years ago, and have had nothing but repair issues since. First it was a steerind lock sensor prioblem. Next was a brake sensor problem on the front and back. Dealer says brakes are fine. within the last 2 months, I have had both rear window regulators go out. Now I HAVE PAINT PEELING. I would caution anyone about buying a BMW. You had better set aside plenty for repairs
Favorite Features
Handles well
Suggested Improvements
Pay more attention to making the car more reliable, and not just look good.
By majordisgust12
on 03/02/12 07:49 AM (PST)

I am so disgusted with this car. I purchased my 2006 BMW 330ci in August of 2007, and it now has 82,000 miles on it. Since I have had this car, I had to pay for 1) Thermostadt replacement 2) Cracked gasket cover 3) Repair of Air conditioner 4) sensor problems 5) AND NOW THE CAR BROKE DOWN ON ME ON THE HIGHWAY YESTERDAY AND ALL INDICATIONS POINT TO MAJOR TRANSMISSION ISSUES. I owned a Honda Accord before this car, and with regular maintenance (as I have performed with this stupid BMW), I never had any problems with it, and I got over 120,000 miles out of it, and it was still fine when I gave it up. I will NEVER, EVER purchase another BMW. Ever. At 82,000 miles I should not have to be replacing the transmission. I am so DISGUSTED.

By jruiz42
on 04/30/13 09:07 AM (PDT)

My paint is peeling as well and all the different issues that both of you mentioned has happened to me. I also owned several Honda Accords prior to purchasing my new BMW in 2006. I never spent an extra dime for my Hondas...I have already spent well over what it cost me in a year in payments for my BMW. Just ridiculous. My brother bought my 2001 Honda from me in 2006 when I bought my new BMW...He has close to 200K in miles to my 100K in miles and has not had to repair anything and his paint job looks better than mine! Word to the wise stick with Acura or Lexus for a luxury car! I myself plan to go back to Honda or a Suburbu...forget the luxury or the hype of the brand. Save my money and enjoy my life instead!