2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Horrible Tires

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Horrible Tires
By Silvers Mom on

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my new car and the drive was great for the first two years or so. Since then, I've fallen out of love with my car for a number of reasons, all given by other drivers. My car seems to have to same issues that I've read under the 5 series' reviews on Edmunds and I recently had to have fuel injector work that would have cost about $1,300 but they covered it under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Car still idles roughly. My tires are toast and have been for a while. I only have 25,000 miles on my car! Saw someone else mention run-flats are $1200! So - I am already facing $$$$$ on a car that has low mileage and isn't that old.

Favorite Features

When the tires are good, the handling is wonderful as is acceleration for a 4 door sedan. I love the HVAC and heated seats. I also think the trunk is huge for a car this size.

Suggested Improvements

Tires. PLEASE ditch the run-flats and make a well for a small temporary tire. Also, if BMW knew it had a design issue with the engine, WHY wouldn't they fix it and ensure that no one is paying out of pocket? This is why I didn't buy another Nissan Maxima. It leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth.