2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Even "base" sedan is awesome!

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Even "base" sedan is awesome!
By Luis on

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Used 2006 325i 4-dr, only options are A/T and power seats. Even in "base" configuration, this is truly the nicest sport sedan around. I've had Saab, Audi, VW, Mazda - all good. But no one seems to have nailed that elusive ride- vs-handling balance like BMW. Not to mention "fun-to-drive", along with timeless styling inside and out. Sewing-machine-like drivetrain, thanks to silky I-6 engine. I was not considering an automatic until I drove it and felt how smoothly it shifted without sacrificing power. Even standard "leatherette" (German for vinyl) interior looks great. I've heard it's quite durable and outlasts leather. A solid near-luxury sedan value if you can find a clean, lo-mileage sample.

Solid construction, near-perfect ride- vs-handling balance, high fit & finish, classic design inside and out, silky I-6 engine, quiet and attractive interior with quality materials, fun-to-drive. Very comfortable for shorter driver & passengers, perhaps not so for taller folks(?).

Several non-intuitive controls (typical of German cars), small cup holders, should replace run-flats eventually as noted here by other reviewers. Needs more well thought-out glovebox and storage spaces inside. Could use more standard feature content for the price (intelligent key, for example).