Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

330i sport avg 22 mpg wow what a car!
By FLYfor God

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had a 325i Sport, 325i base and now a 330i Sport, I want to say that there is a wow factor between base and sport, I wish it wasn’t true but they are “two different cars”, my 325i avg 23-24 mpg unbelievable in my book, but with a slight lag on takeoff oh well the trade off is MPG, the 330i avg 22 mpg solid, hwy 75-80 28 mpg 65 mph-34 mpg and 60-35, I think for a 255 hp this is incredible, it has the bang when you hit it but from 1-10 mph yes it’s not a rocket ship but feel BMW did it right, it handles GREAT, maybe not like a G35 but that is a hard harsh ride , the 330i isn’t yet the 325 sport was harsh? I feel the 330i is worth the extra $, outside of a small lag you will love this car

MPG, Handling,Interior, good power

Take off lag, but the computer can be reset to learn me! Yes its monitoring my habits, this could be a solution to others reviews

Great Car
By 330i FL to MI

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was reading some of the reviews and thought I would give my opinion. This car is like no other. I see complaints of tires, etc. Purchase the tire/wheel warranty. It will pay for itself after one nail in a tire. Also, buy CPO. The only thing not covered is a battery ($250), but the money you save otherwise can't be beat. I bought while living in Miami and was listed for 34,000 and walked out for under 25,000 with warranty that blows other makers away on a car with 24,000 miles. Yeah, its had some minor issues, but for me its the best car available for the money. This car will not disappoint other than snow. I will get snow tires this year.

Power, Looks, Handling, Warranty, BMW dealer treatment, Sound System. Run Flats are not bad even on Michigan roads.

Standard Navi, but thats asking too much especially on a 2006.

The best car I've ever owned!
By #1 Fan

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car really lives up to the BMW reputation! It is the ultimate driving machine. I bought it at 50,000 miles and now it's up to 77,000 miles. I love the GPS, bluetooth and all the amazing features of this car! It drives so smooth and the brakes are amazing, you tap on it and it stops. Many who have driven this car has commented on how great the brakes work. The only draw backs are cost to maintain this car. Oil changes will run you about $100, but you only change the oil every 10,000 miles. You have to use premium gas or it will affect the performance of the car. Do NOT go cheap on maintenance of this vehicle because it will come back to bite you! New set of tires will be expensive.

GPS, Bluetooth, smooth ride and great acceleration.

Need to be cheaper to maintain or people will not keep it.

First BMW
By Hugh

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

acceleration after 25 mph, cruise control, bluetooth, smooth shifting, infrequent servicing

Replace runflats with regular tires early,

Worst car ever
By scott

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased car new. I had nothing but problems. Engine needed all new lifters. Dealership fixed it, but then the engine started making other noises. Care was in shop for 24+ days. Dealer bought back car and had given a deal on a new 2007. That one lasted about 10,000 miles before I traded it in. It has front end issues and kept destroying the tires.

get rid of the run flat tires