2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
3 months, three times in the shop
By floridafan81 on 01/27/09 08:42 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle because of the quality I associated with the name. Three days after purchase the car was dead in my driveway. After a battery recharge and a navigation reset I was back on the road only to need another navigation reset. Now the rear window is broken. All this is a BMW "certified" vehicle. And don't forget the CPO warranty has a 50 dollar copay each time! BMW dealer never has loaner vehicle because they are always full of cars for repair. Something to think about before buying a "high end" vehicle. BMW's comment -- well this is a high maintenance vehicle you know. High maintenance = to the shop monthly. BEWARE. I will be cautious before buying a BMW again.

First BMW, mixed feelings
By RAO on 01/26/09 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car over some competitors mainly due to leg room (I'm a bit over 6'5 and about 195 pounds). Certainly the fit is better for me than my previous Nissan Altima, but, when it comes to interior squeaks and rattles, this car comes up a bit short. Squeaky dash, especially when accelerating in chilly weather. I get 24 mpg with premium with little interstate driving. Paint finish is horrible, I've never owned a car whose hood is so susceptible to chipping off (and I owned a Skoda at one time!). These days, I always look at other BMW hoods in parking lots, and sure enough, their hoods are dotted with paint chips as well. Disappointing.

Now BMW for Life
By Zmann on 01/25/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow. Really glad I made the decision purchase this car. It is FAST. Much sportier than I would have thought of a heavy, 4-door. Nearly nothing can keep up with it on the road and its grip is insane. I waited a long time to find this car, and it was well worth it. It turns heads and kicks tail!

Sweet Ride
By Ray-Man on 12/13/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! 20K miles now and no problems. I love the run-flats but you won't, if you want a cushy ride. My dealer DID repair one with a nail hole and tires are wearing well. At least 5K left on them. After myriad expensive and seemingly unsolvable problems with my '99 Saab 9-5, this is welcome change and when my lease expires I'm torn between buy-out and 335! I think seats are very comfortable and I'm tall (6'4", 200).

Exceptional!
By charlieV on 12/12/08 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow. First beemer, but not my last. 21K incredible miles w/very few problems (rear lamp bulb & driver's side mirror motor). Smooth engine and auto transmission, shifts "like butter." Responsive... just point and shoot... it goes where you aim. 25K miles on the run flat Continentals and they look like they'll last to 50K+. Not sure why so many RFT complaints. Radio, Bluetooth, Homelink are flawless. Did I mention this car drives like a dream. Haven't met an on- or exit-ramp I didn't like. Need to merge ahead of that 18-wheeler doing 80MPH, just floor it and drive, the lane now belongs to you.

Fun to drive... to the service center
By CL on 11/25/08 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed driving this car, but I have had many issues with reliability on what would be considered to be "small" items. All 4 window motors have been replaced. The electronics on the front right side all stopped working. Squeaky dashboard. The front grille flew off when I was doing 65 MPH. I have had the car for 2.5 years and it's been in the shop 11 times... which is about 10 times more than the 1994 model that I drove for years. I also got caught in the run flat tire fiasco. Trust me, if you push the dealer hard enough then BMW USA will replace them @ no charge. In my case, they had records where I had been complaining about the quality of the ride since the 2nd day I owned the car.

2nd BMW misses a little
By Airborne87 on 10/28/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very beautiful looking both inside and out. Excellent body lines and performance under the hood. This car has the horses when needed and handles extremely well. This is a feel good car.

The ultimate driving machine
By John on 10/27/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Apparently its not just a marketing slogan. This is my first 3 series and I'm certain it wont be my last. 2 and 1/2 years and 26,000 miles and I'm still completely impressed with it. It's not just the smooth engine or the fantastic handling or how it communicates so perfectly with the driver. It's the total package in a The Sum is SO much more than the parts kind of way. In terms of being a "driver's" car I think it is car lengths ahead of much of its competition.

The Ultimate Unseen Cost Nightmare
By I Want My Lexus Back on 09/28/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sell your BMW before the warranty runs out. Don't bother to buy a new BMW with run flat tires unless they give you tires for as long as you own the car. The front tires cost about $425.00 and the rear $375.00. I have had to replace 9 tires in the 3 years I have owned the car. They don't last and the 'flat tire' sensor comes on all the time. If you take it to a BMW dealership they will not give you the car back unless you replace the tire. There is no fixing it. I'm not even sure if there was anything wrong with the tire. They never let me see it. The passenger air bag sensor will cost you $1500.00. I have no idea what the LCD display for the stereo will cost, but it has completely faded.

2006 325i
By dmitry on 09/01/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006, new body, 325i about 3 month ago, love the way it looks, although rims could have been bigger than 16 inches. Interior is not so impressive, handles awesome and highway passing power is great, but, lacks off line power. Fuel economy so far averages at 24 mpg while using 89 octane every other 2 full tanks using 87 octane. Furthermore, as of 3 months, a tire pressure sensor, air bag sensor, driver seat belt, radio and shift knob has been replaced, boy am I glad for warranty and maintenance plan. Although I would not want another vehicle, I think BMW could have done better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.