2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
3 years Later
By jray on 08/22/09 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second BMW I have owned, the first one is a 1986 325es 'still driven' with 295,000 miles on it. Unlike my 1986 this car does all of the driving for me and initially it was a shift to go from a pure rear wheel drive to an AWD car. I take the corners sooner rather than later in the new car. The only problem I had with the car was the bluetooth pairing and it was fixed by the dealer. I have been the owner of this car for two years. Even though there are a few things I would change about the car, this car is amazing and I would buy another in a heartbeat...only after 300,000 miles of course.

Fun Fun FUN!!!
By m3_guy on 08/07/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth BMW I've had and I'm not disappointed at all. The performance is awesome, the MPG is amazing and its very comfortable. What sold me on the car was the bluetooth. Its so easy to use and so handy that its become my favorite feature of the car. I HIGHLY recommend this option. The only negative I can say about the car is the take off. For a smoother take off, it feels like it starts in 2nd gear making it feel a little "sluggish" when I'm at a full stop. None of my other BMWs had it and I'm not I sure I like it. Other than that BUY IT!! You will love it.

Even "base" sedan is awesome!
By Luis on 07/20/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Used 2006 325i 4-dr, only options are A/T and power seats. Even in "base" configuration, this is truly the nicest sport sedan around. I've had Saab, Audi, VW, Mazda - all good. But no one seems to have nailed that elusive ride- vs-handling balance like BMW. Not to mention "fun-to-drive", along with timeless styling inside and out. Sewing-machine-like drivetrain, thanks to silky I-6 engine. I was not considering an automatic until I drove it and felt how smoothly it shifted without sacrificing power. Even standard "leatherette" (German for vinyl) interior looks great. I've heard it's quite durable and outlasts leather. A solid near-luxury sedan value if you can find a clean, lo-mileage sample.

Great car!
By Cursed E90 on 05/17/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car back in November of 2005 after seeing one cruise by me on the highway. Received delivery on Dec 14th, 2005 with less than 8 miles on the car. Driving this car is such a pleasure in every way. 42 months, and 52,000 miles later and the car still feels almost as tight as the day I picked it up from the dealer. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose, nothing has stopped working. Nothing has discolored. Just an extremely well built car. Even the headlights are still crystal clear, unlike Mercedes headlights after a year or two. My only regret was ordering the beige interior instead of something darker since even the floor carpets are beige.

Best in this class
By illa on 04/29/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Last December it was a time to return my 2006 Impreza from a lease, so I spent good month in advance to shop around for new car. Right now any new one good loaded mid size sedan will go easy up to 30k, and if it's German then you are looking around 40k. So I decided to buy 2006 certified car, had to drive 2006 C-class, A4, Jetta, etc. They all good but not impressed until I stop by at local Bimmer dealer and took 325i with premium pack for test drive. Guys I couldn't believe that car could be made so well balanced suspension/power/comfort. I just felt in love with it plus 0.9% financing for 5 years, two first payments made by BMW, and great price to clean the inventory by the end of the year.

Excellent overall
By Henry T on 04/13/09 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Good power from the V6, smooth flexible engine, fun shifting 6-sp manual, firm and controlled ride, great steering feel and handling, beautiful inside and out, efficient interior space for its exterior dimensions, quality interior materials, comfortable (especially the sports package seats), vastly improved handling with aftermarket lightweight 18" wheels with real non-runflat tires. Decent MPG for car's size and engine (23mpg overall in 50/50 city/highway spirited driving in Chicago).

Solid, fun Car
By bmwmerc on 03/24/09 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

330 i Black sedan sports/premium package chrome wheels. One of the funnest cars to drive in it class. Have had Lexus, Mercedes and this one tops the cake. 3 years of playing the radio loud every day and the sound system still rocks. Had two small problems when car was new airbag light and steering wheel lock, but since then car has been very reliable and actually am surprised. Steptronic is so fun if you know how to use it right it really feels realistic.The car is sensitive to every pothole but no biggie had to replace only one run flat tire but do to huge nail on side wall that wouldn't be fixable on a regular tire. Replace first set of run flats at 31k and I drive crazy so no complaints.

Buy one
By cdh bmw on 03/06/09 21:09 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only had this car for a few days, for u BMW people I had an E36 m3 and this car is every bit the car that the old m was, but my wife is pregnant so I need a 4 door. This car with sport package and manual trans plus all the modern features is truly awesome. The only other car to look at was the g35 but got a great deal on a cpo car.

2006 330i - Beautiful Car
By Douger on 02/21/09 05:38 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is the complete package. Sport & Premium Package. Love the wheels, looks and performance. Transmission is smooth. I owned a 1995 325i for 9 years and it was the best car I ever owned. This vehicle is very nice as well. Run flats aren't cheap. $510.00 per tire at the dealership. Radio rocks, car handles great, looks outstanding and my wife steels it from me 3-4 days per week. We fight over this car. Lots of fun! Black on Black. Highly recommend this vehicle. After these run flats wear out may just switch to normal tires and a can of fix a flat. Outside run flats car is outstanding!

Awesome Car
By =D on 02/17/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is awesome. It has enough space to accommodate 2 adults in the front and 2 kids and a baby carseat in the back, along with 3 duffel bags, one giant bag, and 2 carry-on bags in the trunk. Going on I-5, we got from San Jose to Los Angeles on 1 tank of gas!! Best sedan ever.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.