2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

BMW 330xi
By Jeff

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently had my second child so I needed to upgrade to a bigger car, I'm coming from a 2004 325ci. I was really excited to move to a bigger car with more power and a manual transmission. However, the first corner I took almost made me regret my decision. I did not realize how much of a difference the sport suspension made. Therefore, I wanted to warn any potential buyer to make sure you do not want the sports suspension. The car is fine and still fun to drive, however, I do miss the sport suspensions. FYI... the xi does not come with sport suspension.

Favorite Features

The interior is beautiful and I love the size. The engine is powerful and makes you feel like you are driving the fastest thing on the road.

Suggested Improvements

SPORT SUSPENSION!!! or at least a tighter suspension.

Lured by 0.9% CPO...
By Mike T

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my original 5 speed 525i for this 330xi after prowling the lot for months. Same color combination, 4 years newer. Wow. I guess there comes a time when you have to admit that time marches forward and the new features are awesome...bluetooth, Logic 7 and AWD are light years ahead of the 02 525i, plus this is faster and tighter on curves.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Logic 7, Sirius, AWD, sport seat.

Suggested Improvements

Still gotta moan about a center console cupholder, even if it's a single.

3 years Later
By jray

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second BMW I have owned, the first one is a 1986 325es 'still driven' with 295,000 miles on it. Unlike my 1986 this car does all of the driving for me and initially it was a shift to go from a pure rear wheel drive to an AWD car. I take the corners sooner rather than later in the new car. The only problem I had with the car was the bluetooth pairing and it was fixed by the dealer. I have been the owner of this car for two years. Even though there are a few things I would change about the car, this car is amazing and I would buy another in a heartbeat...only after 300,000 miles of course.

Favorite Features

Here are the things that I love about this car: style, handling, the sport seats are amazing, the gas mileage, the reliability, the dimming mirrors, the stereo sounds fantastic, hill descent, the AWD. Did I say the sport seats?! Not sure about the xenons in low beam mode - the line drives me crazy.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure why BMW moved the window controls to the door, but I hate it. The peddles are a little too far from the floor for a chica, the reach for the windows is too far, the side mirrors are too small. Big blind spots in this car. Runflats gotta go. More pep in 1st. Needs a lower trunk profile.

Fun Fun FUN!!!
By m3_guy

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth BMW I've had and I'm not disappointed at all. The performance is awesome, the MPG is amazing and its very comfortable. What sold me on the car was the bluetooth. Its so easy to use and so handy that its become my favorite feature of the car. I HIGHLY recommend this option. The only negative I can say about the car is the take off. For a smoother take off, it feels like it starts in 2nd gear making it feel a little "sluggish" when I'm at a full stop. None of my other BMWs had it and I'm not I sure I like it. Other than that BUY IT!! You will love it.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth. Super easy to use. MPG is awesome too. Who wouldn't love going 85 and get 30 MPG?

Suggested Improvements

The take off. It should have more of a kick. It's a sports car, not a 7 series luxury sedan.

Even "base" sedan is awesome!
By Luis

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Used 2006 325i 4-dr, only options are A/T and power seats. Even in "base" configuration, this is truly the nicest sport sedan around. I've had Saab, Audi, VW, Mazda - all good. But no one seems to have nailed that elusive ride- vs-handling balance like BMW. Not to mention "fun-to-drive", along with timeless styling inside and out. Sewing-machine-like drivetrain, thanks to silky I-6 engine. I was not considering an automatic until I drove it and felt how smoothly it shifted without sacrificing power. Even standard "leatherette" (German for vinyl) interior looks great. I've heard it's quite durable and outlasts leather. A solid near-luxury sedan value if you can find a clean, lo-mileage sample.

Favorite Features

Solid construction, near-perfect ride- vs-handling balance, high fit & finish, classic design inside and out, silky I-6 engine, quiet and attractive interior with quality materials, fun-to-drive. Very comfortable for shorter driver & passengers, perhaps not so for taller folks(?).

Suggested Improvements

Several non-intuitive controls (typical of German cars), small cup holders, should replace run-flats eventually as noted here by other reviewers. Needs more well thought-out glovebox and storage spaces inside. Could use more standard feature content for the price (intelligent key, for example).

Great car!
By Cursed E90

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car back in November of 2005 after seeing one cruise by me on the highway. Received delivery on Dec 14th, 2005 with less than 8 miles on the car. Driving this car is such a pleasure in every way. 42 months, and 52,000 miles later and the car still feels almost as tight as the day I picked it up from the dealer. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose, nothing has stopped working. Nothing has discolored. Just an extremely well built car. Even the headlights are still crystal clear, unlike Mercedes headlights after a year or two. My only regret was ordering the beige interior instead of something darker since even the floor carpets are beige.

Favorite Features

Sports package, Premium package, Winter Package, Xenon headlights (52,000 miles and both still as bright as day one), the whole package! So many features I take for granted now that I'm sure I've forgotten to mention them.

Suggested Improvements

Make carpeting darker than rest of interior, keep power to power outlet even when car is turned off, better cup holders, better voice recognition software (like Ford Sync), more up to date bluetooth (my new phone doesn't play nice with my car anymore), offer normal intermittent wipers.

Best in this class
By illa

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Last December it was a time to return my 2006 Impreza from a lease, so I spent good month in advance to shop around for new car. Right now any new one good loaded mid size sedan will go easy up to 30k, and if it's German then you are looking around 40k. So I decided to buy 2006 certified car, had to drive 2006 C-class, A4, Jetta, etc. They all good but not impressed until I stop by at local Bimmer dealer and took 325i with premium pack for test drive. Guys I couldn't believe that car could be made so well balanced suspension/power/comfort. I just felt in love with it plus 0.9% financing for 5 years, two first payments made by BMW, and great price to clean the inventory by the end of the year.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, all power, factory stereo just great. Enjoying every trip in any weather.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control could look fancier.

Excellent overall
By Henry T

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Good power from the V6, smooth flexible engine, fun shifting 6-sp manual, firm and controlled ride, great steering feel and handling, beautiful inside and out, efficient interior space for its exterior dimensions, quality interior materials, comfortable (especially the sports package seats), vastly improved handling with aftermarket lightweight 18" wheels with real non-runflat tires. Decent MPG for car's size and engine (23mpg overall in 50/50 city/highway spirited driving in Chicago).

Favorite Features

Power, smoothness, looks, handling, driver's seating comfort, interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of runflats. I installed regular tires on lighter-weight aftermarket 18" wheels and acceleration/handling/MPG improved. Longer lasting headlight bulbs, both low beams burned out at about 20k miles (replaced under warranty).

Solid, fun Car
By bmwmerc

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

330 i Black sedan sports/premium package chrome wheels. One of the funnest cars to drive in it class. Have had Lexus, Mercedes and this one tops the cake. 3 years of playing the radio loud every day and the sound system still rocks. Had two small problems when car was new airbag light and steering wheel lock, but since then car has been very reliable and actually am surprised. Steptronic is so fun if you know how to use it right it really feels realistic.The car is sensitive to every pothole but no biggie had to replace only one run flat tire but do to huge nail on side wall that wouldn't be fixable on a regular tire. Replace first set of run flats at 31k and I drive crazy so no complaints.

Favorite Features

Sport mode, blue tooth, sound system ditched my subs and spared the electronics since plenty of bump in the car, I love how I can leave the interior lights on and as soon as I lock the doors they turn off. Everytime I drive the Benz I leave the inside lights on a waste the battery. Door handle lights.

Suggested Improvements

More luxurious interior like benz, standard comfort access and heated seats. Orange interior lights out dated. Alarm should be standard. But don't need these things - they would be nice.

Buy one
By cdh bmw

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only had this car for a few days, for u BMW people I had an E36 m3 and this car is every bit the car that the old m was, but my wife is pregnant so I need a 4 door. This car with sport package and manual trans plus all the modern features is truly awesome. The only other car to look at was the g35 but got a great deal on a cpo car.

Favorite Features

speed, performance, gas mileage, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

no complaints yet.