Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Defective key
By ecs148

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2006 330xi with 24,000 miles. Paid about $400 for Comfort Access. Engine should start with push button with key in my pocket. Key stopped working. Clearly defective. Won’t work with key in dashboard slot or with new battery. Dealer wants new key for $480. No wear and tear involved. Customer relations won’t replace defective key at no charge. This is clearly technology gone mad.

BMW Owner Since 1995
By Michele

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 and leased 6 BMWs since 1995. I love them so much I purchased the 2006 so I didn't have to turn it in after the lease expired. While the car is almost the same quality as all previous ones the run flat tires have been replaced with go flats along with a membership in AAA. Bumps make the car feel as though something will fall off or the tire will explode with the run flats. The rubber paint on the driver side door handle is peeled off and embarrassing but the car rides like a dream and I feel safe driving it. My only regret is that I chose to buy this one and not my previous 3 series. Local driving results in only 17 mpg but highway an outstanding 33 mpg.

Favorite Features

Handling, Ride Comfort, Reliability, Solid construction.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to Go Flat Tires. Fix paint problem on driver side door.

330i - The best car I've ever owned
By Justin Long

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 330i 6 spd manual with Sports package and navigation in January. This is my first BMW and I'm hooked. It's by far the best car I've ever owned in all aspects. Nothing was sacrificed to give perfect balance of performance and luxury. Plenty of HP and torque without the 335's twin turbos. 35 mpg on interstate and 22- 26 mpg city (depending on how you drive) I've put 20k miles in 8 months without any problems. There weren't run-flat tires on it when I bought it and I kept it that way. More comfortable ride without them. This is a must buy. Navigation is a little dated but was very detailed and only had issues not finding one location. Find a manual and DRIVE.

Favorite Features

Sleek sporty exterior, 6spd manual trans, Bluetooth, Navigation, 18" wheels, handling, overall performance, um so just about everything

Suggested Improvements

this is the first review i have ever written on anything. I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It's a wonderful vehicle

330i - my third and best BMW ever
By Luis

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my old 325i, could not believe I found this maxed-out 330i in like-new condition (kudos to previous owner). All 3-Series are great cars, but the 330i has great balance of luxury, performance, and economy (mpg). Looked for premium pkg only, but this also came with sport pkg and its awesome handling. Truly a "muscle car in a tuxedo". Standard BMW build quality and design, understated but comfortable seats & interior, a real driver's car. No substitute for RWD, near-perfect F/R weight balance, and very connected steering. Steptronic A/T is a delight for someone who is used to manual shifters only. Buy a clean used BMW instead of new Honda/Toyota/Chevy sedan, and you will never go back!

Favorite Features

Famous BMW handling, firm but comfortable ride, and smooth power from inline-six, great fitting sport seats, tasteful interior. Nice 18" wheels (in spite of the run-flats).

Suggested Improvements

Replace run-flat tires with go-flats & a spare, use other than old-school orange display fonts, could use a few more cubbyholes for small items. Make some pricey options standard for this class of car.

Use but still great
By burley

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW used with 79,000 miles. I have a new Mercedes c class, a Lexus is 250. The Mercedes was a very good car. The Lexus had nice features but when you add in the frequent maintenance unrotatable tires and lack drive quality when if comes to the feel of the car. At 80,000 miles the BMW has a better quality feel than the Lexus. I can't knock the Mercedes, when you compare Mercedes and BMW its more a matter of taste, they are just different. In comfort and road handling Mercedes has a softer feel which some people like more. To me BMW is just more suited to a person who love to drive and the feel of the car and the road as one.

Favorite Features

over all driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

more horse power, eye glass storage