Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Excellent, highly refined sports sedan.
By PK

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This BMW is faster than most cars (got the 6 speed), excellent acceleration. I drove a 7 series before this, so the Sport Package and short wheelbase on the 3 ride pretty rough for my taste. The car feels like its glued to the road though. Stunning looks, very fun, Bluetooth is awesome,Sport seats too, Stock base stereo jams.

Favorite Features

Sports car handling, looks (inside and out), Bluetooth, Sport Seats, 17" Sport wheels, 3 stage seat warmers.

Suggested Improvements

Rough ride with Sport Package, small trunk (but not too tiny), can't intuitively figure out the call out feature on the Bluetooth, the cruise, and the tilt telescoping steering wheel. C'mon, a chrome exhaust tip would have been proper.

Good but with questions
By edmowl

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Door handles had to be replaced. My 6- speed manual has a 4th gear that disengages between 60 and 75km/hr. No good for Prairie winters, even with new snow tires - xdrive might be better. Vehicle is generally too light for snowy climes and icy roads. Fun in the sun, though. Great handling. Good warranty and servicing support and dealerships offer very good customer service.

Favorite Features

performance

Suggested Improvements

"leatherette" seats are poor quality compared to those on the 2002 models. More storage inside.

Fun Fun FUN!!!
By m3_guy

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth BMW I've had and I'm not disappointed at all. The performance is awesome, the MPG is amazing and its very comfortable. What sold me on the car was the bluetooth. Its so easy to use and so handy that its become my favorite feature of the car. I HIGHLY recommend this option. The only negative I can say about the car is the take off. For a smoother take off, it feels like it starts in 2nd gear making it feel a little "sluggish" when I'm at a full stop. None of my other BMWs had it and I'm not I sure I like it. Other than that BUY IT!! You will love it.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth. Super easy to use. MPG is awesome too. Who wouldn't love going 85 and get 30 MPG?

Suggested Improvements

The take off. It should have more of a kick. It's a sports car, not a 7 series luxury sedan.

Even "base" sedan is awesome!
By Luis

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Used 2006 325i 4-dr, only options are A/T and power seats. Even in "base" configuration, this is truly the nicest sport sedan around. I've had Saab, Audi, VW, Mazda - all good. But no one seems to have nailed that elusive ride- vs-handling balance like BMW. Not to mention "fun-to-drive", along with timeless styling inside and out. Sewing-machine-like drivetrain, thanks to silky I-6 engine. I was not considering an automatic until I drove it and felt how smoothly it shifted without sacrificing power. Even standard "leatherette" (German for vinyl) interior looks great. I've heard it's quite durable and outlasts leather. A solid near-luxury sedan value if you can find a clean, lo-mileage sample.

Favorite Features

Solid construction, near-perfect ride- vs-handling balance, high fit & finish, classic design inside and out, silky I-6 engine, quiet and attractive interior with quality materials, fun-to-drive. Very comfortable for shorter driver & passengers, perhaps not so for taller folks(?).

Suggested Improvements

Several non-intuitive controls (typical of German cars), small cup holders, should replace run-flats eventually as noted here by other reviewers. Needs more well thought-out glovebox and storage spaces inside. Could use more standard feature content for the price (intelligent key, for example).

Great car!
By Cursed E90

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car back in November of 2005 after seeing one cruise by me on the highway. Received delivery on Dec 14th, 2005 with less than 8 miles on the car. Driving this car is such a pleasure in every way. 42 months, and 52,000 miles later and the car still feels almost as tight as the day I picked it up from the dealer. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose, nothing has stopped working. Nothing has discolored. Just an extremely well built car. Even the headlights are still crystal clear, unlike Mercedes headlights after a year or two. My only regret was ordering the beige interior instead of something darker since even the floor carpets are beige.

Favorite Features

Sports package, Premium package, Winter Package, Xenon headlights (52,000 miles and both still as bright as day one), the whole package! So many features I take for granted now that I'm sure I've forgotten to mention them.

Suggested Improvements

Make carpeting darker than rest of interior, keep power to power outlet even when car is turned off, better cup holders, better voice recognition software (like Ford Sync), more up to date bluetooth (my new phone doesn't play nice with my car anymore), offer normal intermittent wipers.